Anyone else get stuck on "food jags" where they only want to eat one thing?

Options
13»

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I do. Normally lunch time. January it was soup for lunch, February and March was fruit and yogurt and now I'm onto salad wraps. I hate lunch, I find it the most difficult to plan. Breakfast I eat one type of cereal until I finish the box and then I'd buy a different cereal.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I tend to repeat the same meal several times for a week for a month. I won't ONLY eat one thing all day, every day.

Whenever I want to, I think of the actor Jeremy Piven, and the time he gave himself mercury poisoning by only eating sushi for ages, the time he grew man-breasts by consuming 12 cups of soy milk a day...and then I remember than moderation is a good thing.
  • meghanduprey
    meghanduprey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    do you think that even though i am within/even below my calories the reason i'm not losing is because i'm eating mostly yogurt? (i do eat some sandwiches/turkey bacon in there, but honestly for the most part is really is a butt ton of yogurt). i thought a calorie was a calorie, especially if i'm hitting my carb/protein goals?
  • hnm921
    hnm921 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm on the egg salad kick right now. I will eat it everyday and then get tired of it and move on to the next thing.
  • meghanduprey
    Options
    PS is there a way to get notifications when a reply is posted? i have a thing checked but i don't get emails or anything, not sure where to put that :/
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I do the same thing. Yogurt is one of those things for me, too. Yogurt and chia seeds, so that it combines into an ULTRA thick and creamy texture. I ran out yesterday, so I have to go back and get more today :(
  • meghanduprey
    Options
    they must think i'm crazy at the grocery store i get so much!
  • kim678
    kim678 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My breakfast just about every morning for the past 3 weeks has been cheddar cheese toast and a green apple. I can't get enough!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    lol, I guess many of us do this. I'm on a Yoplait lite red raspberry yogurt with some granola on top binge. Add that to my 2 sugar-free fudgsicles(40 cal each). My daughter is like you have to eat different things. But everyday, I have this....I'm having trouble finding foods with protein that I like...I'm always low on protein....
  • HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, boiled eggs and more boiled eggs
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    lol can totally relate to protein bars and yogurt. My diet lately has consisted of various fruits, granola, protein bars, cereal and yogurt, french toast and acorn squash lol. And a salad a day just to hit micros lolz
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I've been on a curry and kimchi kick. That's all i've wanted to eat for months. I've never been much a fan of either dish, so I think my diet must be on the bland side given my constant cravings for uber flavorful foods like these.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Right now it's Cashew butter. It's amazing. I've been making it at home and just go at it with a spoon most days. For a while it was taco rice. What's dangerous is you sometimes LOVE that food and then one day I wake up hating it. I have never eaten the same thing 3 meals a day for several days, though. I do need some variety.
  • PuppyPuppy12
    PuppyPuppy12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't get them much these days, but I used to get these really intense cheese cravings. Any kind of cheese, prepared in any way... I mean, I was having dreams about the stuff. But I never ate as much as I wanted -- and I wanted to stuff my face -- because I figured it wasn't the healthiest thing in the world. Casually mentioned this to a friend in med school; she suggested I have my calcium levels tested and sure enough, I was really deficient, to the point where I was starting to get muscle tingling and cramping... so listen to your body! Sometimes it makes you crave things out of boredom or stress or whatever, but sometimes it knows what it's doing.
  • judithlyn
    judithlyn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian 'chicken' salad... Oh, so crunchy with celery and carrots...
    I get it from my health food store. They only have it 3x a week, so I buy a few containers at a time so I can eat it for breakfast and lunch. Man, at 81 cal a serving, who wouldn't binge on it?
  • judithlyn
    judithlyn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been on a protein bar kick. It's not the best thing, not the worst thing, but I pretty much want them for every meal (often I'll have one with a piece of fruit or cucumber or something). They fit my calories and fill me up. I absolutely love them though. I imagine I will get tired of them eventually, or ween off of them. heh
    RiverGoddess,
    Which protein bars do you like best? Looking for a low carb/cal bar.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm currently stuck on Nakd bars, especially the cocoa orange one! I can't get enough of them lol.
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Right now i'm on this greek yogurt food jag. it's ALL i want. i still stay within my calories and carbs/proteins (low on fats). I add greens powder to it. i'm sure it's not the healthiest but i was wondering if anyone else ever does this? i'll go on benders like this for a month or so and then need to swap to something else. just wondering if it's just me or everyone?

im just a lazy eater. my diary is open and it will show exactly that.