Need pity / ego massage - I've lost motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    We cannot motivate you, and you have to learn to talk yourself into things that aren't fun. I have to basically practice telling myself, "No," all the time. Can I skip the gym today? No. Would it be worth it to have that ounce of chips/candy bar? No. Should I have a beer? Nope.

It's negative, and I hate framing body topics in the negative, but once you're able to say no to yourself, you can learn how to moderately say, "Yes. I can totally eat just one serving of [whatever I couldn't do in moderation before]."

The good news is this: I PROMISE that you're able to do so much more than you believe you can.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    The first thing you need to do is learn to love yourself and your body and to have respect for it. It may not look exactly how you want it to right now but with all that self-hatred you will never be motivated to change it.

Also, 100% this. This whole thing started with me realizing that I deserved more respect than I gave myself, and that my body was not my enemy.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    One thing that has helped me work up to that 'get up and do it' moment is just *thinking* about it a lot. Stick around here and read and post in the forums. Go on youtube and check out all of the workout channels and watch some badass workouts. Research recipes you'd like to try. Make your workout playlist. Just get your mental energy focused on the things you want to be doing.

And please keep saying "blimey". I love that word!