Starbucks? HELP!

Options
124»

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    There's sugar in the syrup, but if your location still has the iced peach green tea refresher, it's delicious! Also some Starbucks sell the naturally flavored waters, and granola bars, dried fruit packets, etc. You'll get through this Starbucks visit just fine. :)

Wait, is she having a beverage at an overpriced coffee shop or emergency landing an airliner?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    There's sugar in the syrup, but if your location still has the iced peach green tea refresher, it's delicious! Also some Starbucks sell the naturally flavored waters, and granola bars, dried fruit packets, etc. You'll get through this Starbucks visit just fine. :)

Wait, is she having a beverage at an overpriced coffee shop or emergency landing an airliner?

to-may-to, to-mah-to

I'm still trying to visualize a scenario where my relationship with a client was 100% dependent upon what and if I order anything at a coffee shop (save for maybe a meeting with the owner of said coffee shop)
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Large black tea unsweetened. 0 calories.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    you could order: tea, regular coffee, or water all for 0 calories. The tall light moch frappuchino (however the heck you spell that?) is only 100 cals, I can fit that in if I am smart about it.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Whatever drink you get, just drink half and throw the rest away afte you leave :)
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    One day of bad eating won't affect you neither one day of eating Good will make you healthier .
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Shaken black tea (read black ice tea) is good, or a fruit flavored tea as many have recommended. If you feel like going for the coffee, get it with soy milk (if you can have it), or black if you can drink it plain. Or bite the bullet, have a frap enjoy it, and move on. :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

Thanks for saying it. I am baffled at how challenging it apparently is to think, "tea. I'll have some tea".

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    She can easily fit in a double chocolate chunk brownie and remain under her net caloric goal.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I am LDS and have frequent meetings at Starbucks. I usually get a bottle of water, sometimes a yogurt.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I, for one, never knew that coffee shops were so complicated to figure out or so full of potential dangers.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    2iwhyvg0bex0.jpg
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks again to everyone who replied and gave me information and suggestions on what to order. I really do appreciate your help! I ended up ordering a skinny chi latte. Not bad :) My first and probably last!

To everyone else, I'm glad my post helped you to find some sort of purpose for yourselves today. I didn't ask for your opinions on what I eat, how I workout, my professional life or any thing else you commented about today. Just the Starbucks menu. Pretty funny that those of you who have so much to say about me hide behind private profiles and pictures of bicycles. For the record, I'm not angry at all -- I just don't have patience for rude people. Maybe in another life you'll be decent human beings and we'll be friends, until then, back under the bridge you go. Toodles.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Pretty funny that those of you who have so much to say about me hide behind private profiles and pictures of bicycles. For the record, I'm not angry at all -- I just don't have patience for rude people. Maybe in another life you'll be decent human beings and we'll be friends, until then, back under the bridge you go. Toodles.

I can't even fathom the type of personality that concludes people aren't decent humans because you don't like a handful of statements they made on the internet. Are you like this in real life or is this just something that the internet does to you?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    cray cray
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    This thread was delightful.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thanks again to everyone who replied and gave me information and suggestions on what to order. I really do appreciate your help! I ended up ordering a skinny chi latte. Not bad :) My first and probably last!

To everyone else, I'm glad my post helped you to find some sort of purpose for yourselves today. I didn't ask for your opinions on what I eat, how I workout, my professional life or any thing else you commented about today. Just the Starbucks menu. Pretty funny that those of you who have so much to say about me hide behind private profiles and pictures of bicycles. For the record, I'm not angry at all -- I just don't have patience for rude people. Maybe in another life you'll be decent human beings and we'll be friends, until then, back under the bridge you go. Toodles.

I hope it went well :)
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    This thread was delightful.

It really was.

Condescending attitudes towards other posters from the OP, suggestions that baristas are too dumb to understand "unsweetened" versus not, and my favorite, asking for lemon in your free Starbucks water. There were people genuinely flabbergasted that we didn't have that when I worked there, but why on earth would we?

The best part of endurance training to me was eating all the food after so don't get that one either.

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    If you don't like people seeing you engage in unhealthy intake, don't make your food diary public. YOU put the information into the public domain. YOU are the only one resorting to name calling. YOU are the only one being rude. YOU accuse others of hiding behind "private profiles", yet yours is set to visible only to friends.

The attempt at a personal attack based on having a bike as my profile picture actually made me laugh. Perhaps if you properly fueled yourself for endurance training, you would understand why I use that for a profile picture here. I eat almost as much while on my bike than you eat all day because endurance takes fuel.