Who has seen results from using this site?

Options
124»

Replies

• joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    86310468.png
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    45lbs lost over 1.5 years with MFP. It really, really works. Get a food scale; weigh and measure everything as accurately as possible. Add exercise when you feel comfortable to do so. Keep your record keeping accurate and honest. Best regards.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    MFP became a way of life for me. I used it to lose weight after my daughter was born, and now I have been maintaining at 107 pounds for almost four years.
  • thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Has worked for me 35 lbs down. I am a visual learner, so when I see red, I know that I need to focus. Green is good!!! Plus, it helps me track the amount of calories I need to eat to be in a healthy deficit!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I find sucess in not just losing weight but tracking food for diabetes. The people that don't have success are generally not logging accurately, or are just not meeting their calories.
  • zidine100
    zidine100 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ive been here for over 102 days and after losing about 52 pounds im finally no longer overweight. So I can say that it works, at least for me.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    89 pounds down from making good, long-term sustainable changes and faithfully logging everything.
  • WendyZ82
    WendyZ82 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Keep logging , you can do it! I'm down 117 lbs since joining MFP. I'd say it worked for me.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Basically, everybody who does the work and doesn't quit. It works if you do the work.
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    MFP, a food scale, eating better and exercise combined have helped me lose 46 pounds in 4 months.
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50lbs. If you log all your food and find some good supportive friends, you are on it! Good luck :)
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Me...buy a scale, weigh, measure and log consistently....It really does work.
  • tvtechie
    tvtechie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Last April, I started working on losing weight (without myfitnesspal.com) by walking and cutting back on sodas and candy bars. I found a two mile route I would take at lunch. In six months I was down 21 lbs, then slacked off and gained back 7 lbs. over the holidays.

Just before New Year's I found myfitnesspal.com. and decided to track everything - food, walking calories, started dumbbell workouts and tracked those too. I'm now down another 19 lbs for a net total of 33 in a year. Myfitnesspal.com has allowed me to nearly match what I did in my first six months in half the time. I am charting the "If every day was like today...You'd weigh X lbs in 5 weeks" and found it to be pretty accurate.

I started at 241 lbs and my goal is 180 when I will reassess whether to stop or continue. I'm a 5' 9".

I will say it is, and I'm assuming has to be a habit, to log all food! I find myself logging calories before I sit down to eat so I stop when I need to and don't find myself surprised afterward with having overdone it.

So, yes it works, if you work it!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yup!!

ONLY thing that worked for me after years of yo-yo dieting. I was able to lose 35 lbs thanks to this site and have been maintaining for 4 months now. Best shape of my life!

But, it's only as good as you use it. :) Good luck!