Wedding Weight Loss Challenge!

Options
Hey, over here! We've got a new thread started..

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Winners from Challenge 3
kpawlishak
coreysmommy
bauekel
jammergirl99

CHALLENGE #4

Team work --- Assign a fellow MFP'er a workout challenge.
Then pass it on when you have completed the challenge. Let's see if we can get everyone from our topic forum to participate.

I'll start. Bauekel, I challenge you to do 50 crunches. When you complete this challenge, its your turn to challenge someone else to do an exercise. Let's keep this going.

Here's to a fit and healthy life! :drinker: Jess

Replies

• jammergirl99
    Options
    Hey, over here! We've got a new thread started..

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Winners from Challenge 3
    kpawlishak
    coreysmommy
    bauekel
    jammergirl99

CHALLENGE #4

Team work --- Assign a fellow MFP'er a workout challenge.
    Then pass it on when you have completed the challenge. Let's see if we can get everyone from our topic forum to participate.

I'll start. Bauekel, I challenge you to do 50 crunches. When you complete this challenge, its your turn to challenge someone else to do an exercise. Let's keep this going.

Here's to a fit and healthy life! :drinker: Jess
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    And just a little update about my wedding plans..

So, we have decided NOT to have a traditional wedding. In fact, we are going to go to JAMAICA :) How exciting is that? So, right now we are just looking for feedback from people who have been there to get an idea about where to stay and what to look forward to doing while we are there.

AND to top it off, we are moving our wedding up from Fall of next year to MARCH of 2009. So, I really need to get moving because on top of the wedding dress I have to fit into, I gotta look glam in a swim suit...
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Checking in.... where is everybody?
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    accidentally posted this on the old thread.

I am definitely in on this one!

I am at last weigh in at 167, and would perfer to be to 140 by the time I get married, maybe 135.

That brings me to my latest frustration... I know you gals will sympathize with me..

Two weekends ago we went and i picked out the ring... so excited! ( we already have bought a house so im not really wonder IF, im wondering WHEN)

then the following Wednesday we had to go to the ER with stomach pains ..and we had a LOVELY stay at the hospital, and then he said that he was sorry but it took all of our money...

Disappointed am i!!! I guess it gives me more time to loose weight for the big day...but its so hard after you get all of your hopes up...and actually have SEEN the ring!

my birthday is this Monday, and thats when i was hoping to get to finally wear the ring i picked out... but i guess i need to readjust my outlook on the situation. Just frustrated and wanted to vent!!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Its not about the ring.. I know you know that.. The important thing is that you two have each other.. The ring will come in time.. just be patient!! and keep up the weight loss :)
  • jmmagolan
    Options
    Hey missy I'm in . . . If I find out you skipped the gym your done!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Hey missy I'm in . . . If I find out you skipped the gym your done!

I did go to the gym last night! :) Thanks for staying on top of me!
  • packerbacker922
    Options
    Hello

It's Bob! I'm Jessy's Mom.. we're going to support each other on our quest to lose weight and battle gravity to the death! Silence!!!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Again... where is everyone?
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Here! I'm here! Been in CA for a week with occasional internet access (for work; not for vacation, unfortunately) and I'll be here another week. But I will log into MFP from time to time!
    Just got my dress a week ago and haven't tried it on in a year and it fits!

Hope everyone's doing well!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Here! I'm here! Been in CA for a week with occasional internet access (for work; not for vacation, unfortunately) and I'll be here another week. But I will log into MFP from time to time!
    Just got my dress a week ago and haven't tried it on in a year and it fits!

Hope everyone's doing well!

I am so happy that your dress fits! Thanks for checking in.. Enjoy CA while you're there.. Send some sunshine up my way... We've had nothing but rain for 3 days.... :(
  • PaperDahlia
    PaperDahlia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm in. My wedding is in 21 weeks!....
    Do any of you watch that show "Bulging Bride" ?
    I haven't seen one truly unfit person (other than needing some toning) on that show... but it has motivated me to get on the ball!

It's mostly about inches! and i'm ready to let go :)

count me in!!! i'm ready for the challenge :)

p.s. to all those destination brides-- You're soooooooooooooooooo smart!!! (don't fall over if you ask..and i tell you how much my wedding is costing.. *sigh*. LOL 200 guests later i am thinking we should have done our original destination idea and threw all tradition to the wind :)
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Welcome PaperDahlia!

We're glad you've joined us! :)

:flowerforyou:
  • His_Kelly
    His_Kelly Posts: 248
    Options
    50 Crunches... done!

Jammergirl.... I challenge you to do 2 sets of 10 lunges :smile:

Sorry I have been away... I kinda fell off the wagon for a week and a half. Oh well... time to get back on I guess!
  • JPRexRun
    JPRexRun Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    t-88 days here! eeks!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    50 Crunches... done!

Jammergirl.... I challenge you to do 2 sets of 10 lunges :smile:

Sorry I have been away... I kinda fell off the wagon for a week and a half. Oh well... time to get back on I guess!

Oh man I feel the burn.. 2 sets of 10 lunges complete.. and welcome back!!

Jac214, I challenge you to do 25 push-ups!
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Ok. I'm in. My wedding is in 21 weeks!....
    Do any of you watch that show "Bulging Bride" ?
    I haven't seen one truly unfit person (other than needing some toning) on that show... but it has motivated me to get on the ball!

It's mostly about inches! and i'm ready to let go :)

count me in!!! i'm ready for the challenge :)

p.s. to all those destination brides-- You're soooooooooooooooooo smart!!! (don't fall over if you ask..and i tell you how much my wedding is costing.. *sigh*. LOL 200 guests later i am thinking we should have done our original destination idea and threw all tradition to the wind :)

Nope haven't seen Bulging Bride... but I am glad to hear it is motivating you!

We originally looked at doing a traditional wedding.. Cost definitely factored into our decision to do a destination wedding though..
  • kkurz
    kkurz Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm back! SORRY!

my bridal shower was this past weekend... and i think i prob gained a pound... just with the snacking... i still have another day till "weigh in" though...

but i was down to 160... with 10 more pounds to go till my myfitnesspal goal of 150 (though i still have stubborn belly that will NOT go away!)

the wedding is in 2 months! exactly from yesterday! EEK!

gotta kick this into high gear!

and as another note... picked up my dress on wednesday... it's gorgeous! and i look so teeny in it!
  • PaperDahlia
    PaperDahlia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to the show if anyone wanted to know more about Bulging Brides. It's on the WE network.

http://www.wetv.com/shows/bulging-brides/episodes/

I'm an avid walker. So, If i had to start a challenge, i'd say.. everyone reading this..
    Take 3000 more steps today/tomorrow than you normally would! (if you don't have a pedometer, then figure about 1.5 miles more than you'd normally accomplish :)

of course, walking uphill nets bonus points :)

my daily average is 9800 .. up from well probably 2000.
    my goal is 14,000 steps a day :)
  • vdpal
    vdpal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    We decided to do a cruise-destination wedding. It is Feb. 2009! Looking forward to working on the challenge. I am having a hard time staying focused. I keep coming back to the site because I know it works, but I keep getting sidetracked and not posting my cal intake.