Binge-eating setback.

Options
Feel a binge coming on :( I'm trying to resist - went for a walk, had an apple and some berries, read some motivational threads, looked at myself and listed in my head the reasons the diet is worth it, but in truth I still don't think it's working! Help!

I feel awful as I've just eaten 2 handfuls of hula hoops yet to be logged and I am trying to stop myself from doing further damage. I honestly woke up starving today and tried to have a load of proteins (I'm only 4'9), but it's just my brain and my mouth going 'we want junk'!

Does anyone else feel almost as if they're not in control like I am currently feeling?
uuhcqo7np00o.png

Replies

• CoachD34
    CoachD34 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    NotQuiteNorm, You are NOT alone. I STILL struggle with binge eating. I've been doing this for 2-years, lost over 100lbs, put 30 back on, lost some of it again, etc, you can do this. Shoot me a PM for some support and we can figure out exactly why you feel this way. You may not need to binge anymore!!
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i feel that way once a month .... that time just does me in. i try to eat small meals throughout the day then so i feel like theres always something coming soon lol!
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i feel that way once a month .... that time just does me in. i try to eat small meals throughout the day then so i feel like theres always something coming soon lol!

I tried to add protein-heavy meals - somewhere on here I saw it being recommended, but I may be being stupid. After all: it's not helped and I'm still trying not to just eat everything in sight. I tried having nothing around - banning everyone in the house from having any huge surplus of candies/junk foods - once upon a time, but found myself eating the weirdest things... Once I ate butter, dipped in cocoa. Like a whole stick of the stuff. :astonished:

I can be shameful when I'm feeling like this. Still resisting though I'm already a little above goal kcal due to the crisps...
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I have banned foods too, but when a binge comes on full force I've been known to eat some totally random combinations of 'stuff'.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    I have banned foods too, but when a binge comes on full force I've been known to eat some totally random combinations of 'stuff'.

this is me. I'm really rn just getting to the point I almost feel sick maybe from having not eaten more than the crisps
  • vanessangonzalez
    vanessangonzalez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

Same here. People suggested removing the food that makes me binge...but I'll eat anything so that doesn't help. Binging is frustrating. You're not alone OP. I do feel out of control of myself during those times.
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am on Day 3 back on the wagon and I feel like I want to *kitten*-slap someone or go shovel food. It's the sugar and carb addiction. UGH I know exactly how you feel. I just logged on here to avoid bingeing. We're in the same boat! We will win this though!!!! I'm going to get a HUGE glass of ice water and then maybe some cranberry hot tea. SOMETHING ANYTHING
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    amazon35 wrote: »
    I am on Day 3 back on the wagon and I feel like I want to *kitten*-slap someone or go shovel food. It's the sugar and carb addiction. UGH I know exactly how you feel. I just logged on here to avoid bingeing. We're in the same boat! We will win this though!!!! I'm going to get a HUGE glass of ice water and then maybe some cranberry hot tea. SOMETHING ANYTHING

I've actually just put a sweetener in my tea (usually don't) with the last of my pre-measured milk in hopes that it'll do something to my need for sugar :cookie::confounded::cookie:
  • iwlf
    iwlf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can you have rice cakes? A rice cake and an apple gives you a lot of "crunch" and can take some time to help the binge feeling pass . . .
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, Norm! I think we've all been there!
  • NotQuiteNorm
    edited April 2015
    Options
    iwlf wrote: »
    Can you have rice cakes? A rice cake and an apple gives you a lot of "crunch" and can take some time to help the binge feeling pass . . .

I had an apple a little earlier which did nothing :( and honestly think right at this moment that if I put anything more in my mouth food-wise I may just turn into a calorie-devouring machine!
  • amazon35
    Options
    ARE THOSE COOKIES?! Lol No just kidding...well maybe....I've had a headache for the past 3 days that I know a cookie would fix... BUT I am going to arm myself with my nunchuck spatulas and put my back to the wall and fight it out!! You with me Norm?
  • amazon35
    Options
    Gotta get out of the house if you can. Do you have things that need to be done around the house?
  • amazon35
    Options
    Put on some headphones turn up the music and do chores or just be busy
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    amazon35 wrote: »
    Gotta get out of the house if you can. Do you have things that need to be done around the house?

Nothing :( curse the cruel fate that is a neat house. Looking *hopefully* around, I'm even thinking someone may have hoovered! Never been so disappointed by a clean floor!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    This was me last night - snackies were wanted! I went to bed and tried to pretend food didn't exist! XD

You are never alone in this struggle. People always tell me to keep grapes or carrots or something on hand for that but I have to say, I never crave those and they don't satisfy my cravings. What I do is just either own it, then work out to break even. Or, what I've been trying to do recently, is just let it pass first. Then eat a small amount. :)
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I had steak with a brandy and mushroom sauce, fondant potatoes, honey carrots and spinach, bottle of red and a cream cake so you will be okay with some crisps
  • amazon35
    Options
    Find something or someone on youtube to laugh at/with. Or laundry? Um look for clothes that you want to wear when you are smaller!!!
  • amazon35
    Options
    Just have to find something to take your mind off of it.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    This was me last night - snackies were wanted! I went to bed and tried to pretend food didn't exist! XD

You are never alone in this struggle. People always tell me to keep grapes or carrots or something on hand for that but I have to say, I never crave those and they don't satisfy my cravings. What I do is just either own it, then work out to break even. Or, what I've been trying to do recently, is just let it pass first. Then eat a small amount. :)

:weary: I have considered the gym, but I'm really not up to much exercise... I have troubles with a dislocating knee cap anyways, not to mention being ill so I'm just struggling with focusing real hard on sitting down. Still. And not getting up. Not even for a creme egg.