Binge-eating setback.

Options
2»

Replies

• NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    amazon35 wrote: »
    Just have to find something to take your mind off of it.

eixw9mtcb113.gif
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    Note: At least now I'm laughing on the outside, internally wailing. Not just internally wailing...
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Note: At least now I'm laughing on the outside, internally wailing. Not just internally wailing...

man up

• NotQuiteNorm
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Does anyone have any opinion of my though of trying to eat one cookie (after putting the others all away and sitting down in a separate room) really really slowly..?

I haven't done it yet so please tell me if it's smart or dumb? I don't think a rice cake will cut it...
    In my head rn I am:
    types_bed2.gif

Updated because I now has a cookie..
  • aimsterrz
    aimsterrz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have felt that way before many times. The first few times I was able to fight past the wants to shove my face into a bathtub of junk, but I've learned that once I start to have those cravings, they won't go away immediately. It is either best to re-focus your mind, or even just give in a little. For instance, the other day I was wanting a cookie... So I went and bought those fiber one cookies. Still got my treat in but at least I wasn't over doing it. You can also go onto like Pintrest and find health versions of junk food.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    aimsterrz wrote: »
    I have felt that way before many times. The first few times I was able to fight past the wants to shove my face into a bathtub of junk, but I've learned that once I start to have those cravings, they won't go away immediately. It is either best to re-focus your mind, or even just give in a little. For instance, the other day I was wanting a cookie... So I went and bought those fiber one cookies. Still got my treat in but at least I wasn't over doing it. You can also go onto like Pintrest and find health versions of junk food.

I've only had a nibble of this one cookie and I think I may make this work - going over my deficit goal, but at the very least staying under maintenance. :joy:

I can live with that!
  • AlicesNirvanaHealthWellness
    Options
    Get out of the house, take another walk anywhere, that is what I just did. I am still trying not to eat a bunch, but if I do eat something, at least I just walked 3 miles.
  • aimsterrz
    aimsterrz Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I've only had a nibble of this one cookie and I think I may make this work - going over my deficit goal, but at the very least staying under maintenance. :joy:

I can live with that!

There ya go! The journey to losing weight and keeping weight isnt always the most positive journey and as long as it's not always over the deficit goal is good. Hell, I'll eat a slice of pizza and then because I gave in ill wait to digest then punish myself with burpees. :D
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    nosoda0 wrote: »
    Get out of the house, take another walk anywhere, that is what I just did. I am still trying not to eat a bunch, but if I do eat something, at least I just walked 3 miles.

Will do! Good plan, I think the distraction of conversation has helped (though honestly without the one biscuit I think I'd still be craving all night) and I may just take you up on that to minimise the damage done to my deficit goals!
    Hell, I'll eat a slice of pizza and then because I gave in ill wait to digest then punish myself with burpees. :D

Not burpees! Anything but those!!!
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    You guys all rock. You should know that! Without this thread I do believe I'd be elbow-deep in ice cream right now, using a biscuit as a spoon and spraying squirty cream in my mouth. But I feel good and it's all you guys!

7701397a851786caa3f4b2c09e647173.gif
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you in no way need it. It's just your mind playing tricks on you. A few hours from now it'll probably have passed. Stay strong. :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any opinion of my though of trying to eat one cookie (after putting the others all away and sitting down in a separate room) really really slowly..?

I haven't done it yet so please tell me if it's smart or dumb? I don't think a rice cake will cut it...
    In my head rn I am:
    types_bed2.gif

Updated because I now has a cookie..

Yes, that approach works for some people. :) Get some books by Geenen Roth. In Breaking Free from Emotional Eating she deals with our relationships with food.

• jaliving
    jaliving Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mercy! I am the same way. Like an alcoholic working in a brewery. I sometimes I think the only answer is to pretend I am werewolf and chain myself to a wall in the basement just to I survive the binges. The only problem is I don't have a basement - or chains for that matter.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    Mercy! I am the same way. Like an alcoholic working in a brewery. I sometimes I think the only answer is to pretend I am werewolf and chain myself to a wall in the basement just to I survive the binges. The only problem is I don't have a basement - or chains for that matter.

May need to make some late-night, spur of the moment investments... :sunglasses:
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    ddtjvp9iq8kj.jpg

Okay but really. In all seriousness- think of this not as a diet, but as a lifestyle. I am on a 1200 calorie limit which is TOUGH! I'm 3 weeks out from one heck of a bad binge day. I'm doing really well now by allowing myself a SMALL cheat every day. Today I had 3 dove dark chocolate minis. Earlier in the week I had a funfetti cupcake. Sometimes, I eat back most of my exercise calories. (Thankfully that still leaves me at a deficit), but most of the time I just plan for it during my day. whatever it is you're thinking of having, check out how many calories then try to earn it first!