Was I really sugar free?

Options
124»

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    midpath wrote: »
    Heroin addicts care about heroin more than their family because of the strong hold it has over them. They also get track marks and some even become physically unattractive because they aren't eating enough. They can sometimes become homeless because of where they prioritize their money.

How many morbidly obese people do you know who eat out every day and refuse to address their weight issues? They live in denial. Or the extremely obese who cry everyday and are in severe depression because they can't stop eating junk food? People are willing to undergo invasive surgery for stomach bands to lose weight so they don't have to put in the personal effort. They risk dying early and leaving their children because of their food yet they don't stop.

Odds are that they aren't overdosing on scrambled eggs and cucumbers. Usually it's processed foods, sweets, sodas, sugary coffee drinks, breads, etc

My mom is about to get surgery, her liver is dying, her kidneys are packed with sludge, her cholesterol ridiculous, blood pressure is up, her doctor is recommending an electric scooter for mobility, and yet she still maintains that she refuses to change her habits. I was raised on macaroni and cheese, snack cakes, sodas, donuts, cereal, miracle whip, etc. She's only 49 and she has picked death by food over her family. I would call this an addiction.

So since you're trying to make the silly comparison between heroin addicts and make believe "food/sugar addicts", why doesn't your mom just go to the local food/sugar detox clinic?

People who would rather have surgery because they don't want to put in effort as you say? Sounds like laziness, might that be how they got to the point of needed weight loss surgery? Nah must have been a fake food addiction they used as an excuse