How are you going to deal with all the Easter eggs?

2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    Ugh. I wish I had that little puppy right now :(

You might not feel that way if you had seen the pile of hair I just brushed out of the coats of my two.

Hahahaha. It's a pug right? My old roommate had one so I was used to being covered in fur.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    edited April 2015
    I just divided up the Easter candy to package up for each family member. Only one type of candy is shaped like eggs.
    I will have a bag full of candy and will put it on a shelf just like Christmas and Valentine's candy. I will eat a piece or two when I want to and log it. It will probably last a couple of months.

We are not decorating hard boiled eggs this year but I might cook a few to make deviled eggs anyway.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Oh, I thought this was going to be about dyed hard boiled eggs.

So did I. I was going to make a joke about MMA fighting too, but no.

The only way I get chocolate eggs is if I buy them and I probably won't so this is not a problem for me. I'd normally bake something for Easter but I'm delegating that to someone else so who knows, but I can probably avoid post Easter leftover dessert.

Like others have said chocolate is pretty easy to eat bits of forever though. Baked goods are harder for me, because of the "eat before they go bad" factor.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I'll probably divide it up and save them for my pre-workout for the next month or so
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

You might not feel that way if you had seen the pile of hair I just brushed out of the coats of my two.

Hahahaha. It's a pug right? My old roommate had one so I was used to being covered in fur.

Yeah. Both of mine are double coated. They really are wonderful dogs if you can get past the hair.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member

Yeah. Both of mine are double coated. They really are wonderful dogs if you can get past the hair.

I love them. Such sweet personalities and so funny to look at.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I have $80 worth of Lindt chocolate in my house, that I've been eating one square at a time for 3 weeks now. I couldn't care less about Easter chocolates, lol. I guess that's the thing about having things available all the time... I don't go nuts just because it's Easter or Halloween.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Oh, I thought this was going to be about dyed hard boiled eggs.

I make egg salad using avocado instead of mayo out of those. Not because anything is wrong with mayo, but because avocado is yummy.

We didn't dye any this year, though. My heathenism finally spread to the rest of the family.

Oh good. I thought I was the only heathen! We don't dye eggs or do novelty chocolates because most of the vegan options are expensive and hard to come by. The kids will have to make do with some new p.j.s, the last Hobit movie and some dark chocolate bars. I dont think they're mising out. But these are kids that get excited about tofu and seitan loaf so.....
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Chocolate eggs aren't really the problem for me the kids prefer to have a toy or in my son's case harry kanes football boots.
    It's the roast lamb and chocolate surprise nest cake I'm making that will test me... cos chocolate cake needs to be eaten with cream. Not celebrating "easter" until Tuesday anyway had to call the bunny and postpone because the other half is working 14hr day shifts.