Replies

• Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Full potato this time
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    While it may be quite sarcastic and a bit humorous to joke about this woman's idea that she can be "like a plant", this statement alone SHOULD may every taxpayer SICK TO THEIR STOMACH!!!!

"To her credit, Shine intends to halt the experiment if she notices her health deteriorating (though she appears to have no medical supervision other than "access to Medicare," and a primary care physician who helped establish a "general health baseline")."

When she has created an electrolyte imbalance the size of the state of Washington inside of her body, WE WILL BE PAYING TO "FIX" HER!!!

HUMANS, STOP BEING STUPID!!!!

I mean, at least if people are going to choose to do idiotic things like this, DON'T FORCE ME TO PAY FOR IT!
  • MissesForrester
    MissesForrester Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    BUMP! :laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    P9cdYh2.jpg

She's trying to single handedly do what no animal has done in 600 million years of animal evolution, and evolve the ability to photosynthesise. Single handedly. All by herself. And she's not even green.

You don't know if she's green or not. She might drive a smart car and recycle.

but plants don't drive smart cars or take their waste plastic and glass to the tip, and they can still photosynthesise...

That's only because she hasn't made the transformation yet. And I'm sure responsible plants would do both those things.

*visualises a tree driving down the road in a smart car on the way to the tip, the back of the car full of empty glass and plastic bottles and containers*
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    While it may be quite sarcastic and a bit humorous to joke about this woman's idea that she can be "like a plant", this statement alone SHOULD may every taxpayer SICK TO THEIR STOMACH!!!!

"To her credit, Shine intends to halt the experiment if she notices her health deteriorating (though she appears to have no medical supervision other than "access to Medicare," and a primary care physician who helped establish a "general health baseline")."

When she has created an electrolyte imbalance the size of the state of Washington inside of her body, WE WILL BE PAYING TO "FIX" HER!!!

I mean, at least if people are going to choose to do idiotic things like this, DON'T FORCE ME TO PAY FOR IT!

if she was a member of my family, I'd try to get her sectioned (committed) because I don't believe that anyone who thinks that they can live off sunshine and/or air, and who deliberately starves themselves, is in their right mind. It's at the very least a serious eating disorder, but I think she's also delusional. She needs mental health treatment *before* she utterly ruins her physical health pursuing this delusional belief.

And that guy who claims he's lived off air/sunshine/meditation since 1940s should either be sectioned or arrested (depending on whether he's actually delusional, or just an out and out fraud/liar) because he clearly has been eating and his claims are causing other people to copy him and some of them die. If he was really living off nothing, he would not have lost weight while under observation by scientists. He probably has starved himself to the point he has very little lean body mass and his metabolism is slow enough to live off very low number of calories, plus only eating and drinking rarely. But maybe he goes on binges which he forgets about (psychological delusion type issues) or maybe he deliberately eats and drinks in secret just enough to keep him going (i.e. is a fraudster) - but either way he's a danger to impressionable people who were probably already mentally ill when they started buying into his delusional (or fraudulent) way of life.
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options

if she was a member of my family, I'd try to get her sectioned (committed) because I don't believe that anyone who thinks that they can live off sunshine and/or air, and who deliberately starves themselves, is in their right mind. It's at the very least a serious eating disorder, but I think she's also delusional. She needs mental health treatment *before* she utterly ruins her physical health pursuing this delusional belief.

And that guy who claims he's lived off air/sunshine/meditation since 1940s should either be sectioned or arrested (depending on whether he's actually delusional, or just an out and out fraud/liar) because he clearly has been eating and his claims are causing other people to copy him and some of them die. If he was really living off nothing, he would not have lost weight while under observation by scientists. He probably has starved himself to the point he has very little lean body mass and his metabolism is slow enough to live off very low number of calories, plus only eating and drinking rarely. But maybe he goes on binges which he forgets about (psychological delusion type issues) or maybe he deliberately eats and drinks in secret just enough to keep him going (i.e. is a fraudster) - but either way he's a danger to impressionable people who were probably already mentally ill when they started buying into his delusional (or fraudulent) way of life.

I do see your point here. But even if they buy into it, being delusional or not, I shouldn't have to foot the bill for it!
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    P9cdYh2.jpg

She's trying to single handedly do what no animal has done in 600 million years of animal evolution, and evolve the ability to photosynthesise. Single handedly. All by herself. And she's not even green.

You don't know if she's green or not. She might drive a smart car and recycle.

but plants don't drive smart cars or take their waste plastic and glass to the tip, and they can still photosynthesise...

That's only because she hasn't made the transformation yet. And I'm sure responsible plants would do both those things.

*visualises a tree driving down the road in a smart car on the way to the tip, the back of the car full of empty glass and plastic bottles and containers*

Ha! :D
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Was that chick on Wife Swap? If it is, she's cray cray.

If not, WHAT IS IN THE WATER IN THIS COUNTRY
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    What an idiot...
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    I wish more people would try it. The world needs fewer idiots.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

It is very Darwin award worthy if she sees this to her end... I mean, its end.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Is she a plant?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    She is gonna die from it. Other "breatharians" already did. People never learn from others' mistakes apparently.
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/07/navenna-shine-breatharian-light-air-water-no-food_n_3398862.html

I like the first sentence of the article: "Eating is generally a good idea."

No way?!!! You think?!!! :laugh:
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    I just saw that she drinks water. That's totally cheating.
  • WhyFlowersExist
    WhyFlowersExist Posts: 78 Member
    Options

It is very Darwin award worthy if she sees this to her end... I mean, its end.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    The wikipedia article is very enlightening, but also very sad: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breatharian among the people who died from this was a pregnant woman, the wife of a man who forced this on his entire family, and their children were in a critical condition when they were rescued after their mother and unborn sibling had died.

The article has highlights too, this bit was the most hilarious:

"On his website, Brooks states that his potential followers must first prepare by combining the junk food diet with the meditative incantation of five magic "fifth-dimensional" words which appear on his website, some of which are words from Kundalini yoga.[27][28] In the "5D Q&A" section of his website Brooks claims that cows are fifth-dimensional (or higher) beings that help mankind achieve fifth-dimensional status by converting three-dimensional food to five-dimensional food (beef).[29] In the "Question and Answer" section of his website, Brooks explains that the "Double Quarter-Pounder with Cheese" meal from McDonald's possesses a special "base frequency" and that he thus recommends it as occasional food for beginning breatharians.[30] He then goes on to reveal that Diet Coke is "liquid light".[30] Prospective disciples are asked after some time following the junk food/magic word preparation to revisit his website in order to test if they can feel the magic.[28]"
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    So all that stuff about us having intestines, digestive saliva, canines, flat teeth to eat plant, a throat to swallow, a stomach with acid is all just a big old lie????????

:sad:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    So all that stuff about us having intestines, digestive saliva, canines, flat teeth to eat plant, a throat to swallow, a stomach with acid is all just a big old lie????????

:sad:

Much like dinosaur bones, they were only put there to confuse us.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    This is the next step of being a vegan.....just become a plant.
    Nah I'm vegan...so if she becomes a plant in my belly she goes.