green tea... yay or nay?

Options
2»

Replies

• faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    halima9811 wrote: »
    Thanks! I think I'll try other fat burning foods that I like (grapefruit?) :)

Why don't you try choosing a healthy path toward your goal that you can commit to? One of the things we silly humans do is figure that we can eat like there's no tomorrow, then diet, then eat again like there's no tomorrow. And then, silly humans, we wonder why we're fat.

What if you cut back JUST A BIT, used this amazing MFP tool to keep yourself on task (you choose the goals that work for you) ... and lost the weight over a period of a month, 3 months, 6 months, a year ... whatever it takes. And ... what if slowly you learned how to enjoy food and life with or without MFP, learned moderation and NOT which grapefruit or amino acid will replace reality ...

And what if you stick around and make this a comfortable place to support and be supported ...

Nice place to make friends ... might even be worth rethinking the urgency of one's goals.
  • ghettosaf
    ghettosaf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I heard you have to drink like 4-5 cups of green tea a day for your metabolism to get more higher! It tastes gross tho. Try mixing it with lemon juice it might help
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Nay for me because it just doesnt sit well with my stomach. I normally go for mint tea.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Not a fan and life is too short to consume stuff I don't like. I drink coffee and black tea as well as chai. I like vanilla chai and Indian chai ..think it's the Bigelow or Twining brand
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    halima9811 wrote: »
    Should i drink It even though I hate the taste

No.
    If you don't like it don't drink it. It's not a magical weight loss tea.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I don't like it, but it's healthy enough that I found another way to include it in my diet- I put matcha in my smoothies. Can't taste it at all, and I get the benefits (it's not about purported weight loss benefits for me, it's the catechins).
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It is so nice.
  • lttlefethr
    Options
    There is definitely no such thing as a "fat burning food" or a "miracle food", and a light green tea doesn't really have that much caffeine (not even close to black tea or coffee), so it's not really going to make that much of a difference before a work out when it comes to artificially boosting your energy (and frankly, it's not even a good idea to resort to that).

However, how a specific food or ingredient affects your metabolism differs from person to person, and I have personally found that switching my tea habit (I drink some 3-4 cups a day) from black tea to green tea significantly boosted my metabolism and helped me sleep better and be less bloated. That's, however, just me.

Anyway, even if you don't like green tea, there are several very nice and healthy infusions that have their own sets of benefits each. Peppermint is delightful and refreshing, nettle is yucky but very healthy, berry infusions cut my appetite, and a strong spiced hibiscus helps me fend off tiredness.

thank you so much Lydia for clarifying how green tea can help you. I really appreciate it because I do like green tea and I have no problem drinking 3 or 4 cups a day if it is going to help boost my metabolism. I definitely will do that. thank you again
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If you don't like how it tastes I read recently it's being used for skin too they're putting it in creams. I know that sounds weird but it's an idea