generated pic of what you'd look like at your goal weight

Options
13»

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It was cool. Makes me think I might be a secret 'pear' shape because I've always thought since I have always been pretty proportional all around I'd fit the hourglass, but now it seems my hips are becoming more pronounced and the boobs have deflated quite a bit after 60lbs.... then again, my sis-in-law is a very obvious pear shape as all her fat tends to stack around her lower body and she has a very small chest.
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yeah I tried that when I started losing weight long before MFP. I'm an apple-type shape (turning into more of an hourglass now that my waist is shrinking) but I have VERY large breasts for my size. That part of it isn't accurate at all. I wish you could do more customization… like, I have thin arms and legs and carry all my weight in my belly and boobs. This just kind of makes me look fat all over, even at my goal weight.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Bodyvisualizer.com seems more accurate to me. You input sex, height, weight, and measurements. Doesn't have the fun personalizing extras like options to choose hairstyles and backgrounds and whatnot though. What annoys me about modelmydiet is it doesnt show gradual or small change very well, and arms are relatively skinny and toned no matter how fat you make the model. But it's more user friendly and fun for guaging larger weight differences than bodyvisualizer, but bodyvisualizer actually looks like a virtual verion of my body shape, size, and proportions.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It's actually not too far off (from my beginning weight appearance), except it doesn't show the fat rolls I lost on my back. :p I would love to look like the model does at my goal weight.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    My current and goal don't look much different...but I am a very large-framed/tall person and I'm only 20 pounds away from my goal.

The amusing part is that the places where they stuck the extra fat are not at all where I actually have it.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    What's with the dudes arms? 250 pounds and muscular guy has spaghetti noodles for arms.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What's with the dudes arms? 250 pounds and muscular guy has spaghetti noodles for arms.

:laugh: maybe that site has some tweaking to do...
    I didn't even take any notice of what my arms looked like in the pic. I was concentrating heavily on my belly and legs!

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    I love anything that confirms my inherent awesomeness... : B)

198UZMF.png

Oh come on. You know you look way cuter than this.

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    looks fairly accurate to me. except lose skin that i will probably have etc
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    not that I have horrible low self esteem, but I look alot worse in person than the model showed. lol
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    not that I have horrible low self esteem, but I look alot worse in person than the model showed. lol

The model looks better - glass half full.
  • ginotti1956
    Options
    like it makes me want to lose the lb s even more Thank you
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I think it would be very motivating for some. I put in my starting weight 70lbs or so ago and I think it was a fair rep of how I looked then and how I look now.

Wish I'd have known this sort of thing existed back then. I asked SO to photo shop an image at my largest to trim it down so I could visualise goal. He did a good job but it took him ages!

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Men have a muscular body type option but women can only be pear shaped, Apple or hourglass. No fair!
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Although it's not very accurate because all humans aren't the same, I quite like that I can see when the weight loss will really start to make an obvious difference.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That was interesting, thanks for sharing. No clue about accuracy though.