People On MyFitnessPal-Vent

I just wanted to point out the fact that most people come here for positive feed back. I like to seek information from other peoples personal experiences. People keep saying "shut up & do the work. No quick fixes." Okay, I'm obviously doing work already. Do you all think I just sit around and make threads , waiting of a quick fix? NO! I work my a** off everyday. Its not against fitness pals rules to ask questions. If I want to know what other people have tried. I WILL ASK. If I try it, its up to me. I don't need negative, annoying people giving feedback about how I'm annoying them. If you clearly seen the discussion title was something you don't like, you should've not read it. There are so many rude, arrogant, people on here,and its really sad and discouraging to people like me, who just have simple questions & get disrespected by people who don't even know what their talking about.
«13456

Replies

  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Oh people are going to have fun with this. Just warning u! Honestly whatever u might post about there are some who may come across blunt or even a bit mean. Its an open forum so thats how it goes. Its more because mfp is about calorie counting ...not other diets.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    edited April 2015
    If there is only positive feed back how will you know if something is a good idea or not. It's the balance of positive and negative feed back that gives perspective on a subject.

    It is actually quite childish to want only positive reinforcement.
  • ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    Oh people are going to have fun with this. Just warning u! Honestly whatever u might post about there are some who may come across blunt or even a bit mean. Its an open forum so thats how it goes. Its more because mfp is about calorie counting ...not other diets.

    Of course its about calorie counting. My point is, I can ask if other people have done other things & form my own opinions. You say "oh people are going to have fun with this." I'm glad! The ones that will have fun are the ones I'm referring to. Who should be more concerned about losing weight than being a**holes to everyone.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Oh people are going to have fun with this. Just warning u! Honestly whatever u might post about there are some who may come across blunt or even a bit mean. Its an open forum so thats how it goes. Its more because mfp is about calorie counting ...not other diets.

    This. Sorry that you may not want to hear that something doesn't work or it might not be beneficial to do because it doesn't help in the long term. This is an open forum so you will get negative and positive answers. And, there should be nothing wrong with that because you should open yourself up to both perspectives.
  • Dell2u
    Dell2u Posts: 16 Member
    If I'm on here and you have a question, hit me up. I can answer or at least point you in the right direction. Sometimes people forget where they started from, so you might get a little attitude but hey, focus on your journey. If you're doing what you're supposed to, it'll show.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Dell2u wrote: »
    If I'm on here and you have a question, hit me up. I can answer or at least point you in the right direction. Sometimes people forget where they started from, so you might get a little attitude but hey, focus on your journey. If you're doing what you're supposed to, it'll show.

    I don't think people forget, I think people remember all too well where they started. And the mistakes and pitfalls they fell in. And they want to pass that on to the people that are new to this.
  • ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    If there is only positive feed back how will you know if something is a good idea or not. It's the balance of positive and negative feed back that gives perspective on a subject.

    It is actually quite childish to want only positive reinforcement.

    Its not that. But see how you just critized me? It was in a way that I can accept. People on here are just flat out rude. There is a way to convey your message without treating someone like they're an idiot.
  • Dell2u
    Dell2u Posts: 16 Member
    If there is only positive feed back how will you know if something is a good idea or not. It's the balance of positive and negative feed back that gives perspective on a subject.

    It is actually quite childish to want only positive reinforcement.

    Wow people. I don't know that her issue was with the negative feedback as much as the way in which it was presented. She is 19 years old......

  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,563 Member
    Oh like fad diets?

  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    CICO15 wrote: »
    There are really only maybe 10 people on this site who feel compelled to shoot down anything people say that they disagree with. But they seem to be on the site 24/7. It's easy to round up the usual suspects.

    It would be something like this: "I am thinking of going low-carb." Response - "Other than if you have a specific health issue, there is no reason to go low-carb."

    Or this: "I'm trying to cut down my sugar consumption." Response - there is no reason to cut down your sugar consumption as long as you stay within your calorie goals.

    It's sad.

    Now tell me why that is sad?
  • ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    adamitri wrote: »
    Oh people are going to have fun with this. Just warning u! Honestly whatever u might post about there are some who may come across blunt or even a bit mean. Its an open forum so thats how it goes. Its more because mfp is about calorie counting ...not other diets.

    This. Sorry that you may not want to hear that something doesn't work or it might not be beneficial to do because it doesn't help in the long term. This is an open forum so you will get negative and positive answers. And, there should be nothing wrong with that because you should open yourself up to both perspectives.

    Its not that it's disappointing or hard to hear. I LOVE hearing the truth on how things worked out for people. My problem is, people on here are treating me like an idiot for just asking. They aren't even saying "aw, this didn't work for me." They're basically saying "shut up. We don't care. No one wants to hear this."
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    edited April 2015
    If there is only positive feed back how will you know if something is a good idea or not. It's the balance of positive and negative feed back that gives perspective on a subject.

    It is actually quite childish to want only positive reinforcement.

    Its not that. But see how you just critized me? It was in a way that I can accept. People on here are just flat out rude. There is a way to convey your message without treating someone like they're an idiot.

    Your first few threads were informative at first. What is getting you the hostility is you continue to ask the same question in different words. People are tired of telling you the same answer.

    You can only expect people to explain things nicely a few times. After that they begin to feel you are just flat out refusing to learn. It is at that point that you open yourself for ridicule and harsh answers.
    CICO15 wrote: »
    If there is only positive feed back how will you know if something is a good idea or not. It's the balance of positive and negative feed back that gives perspective on a subject.

    It is actually quite childish to want only positive reinforcement.

    I believe the OP is referring to the attacks and the mindless retorts, rather than constructive criticism or suggestions.
    Dell2u wrote: »
    If there is only positive feed back how will you know if something is a good idea or not. It's the balance of positive and negative feed back that gives perspective on a subject.

    It is actually quite childish to want only positive reinforcement.

    Wow people. I don't know that her issue was with the negative feedback as much as the way in which it was presented. She is 19 years old......

    Read above.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited April 2015
    WE'RE VERY HANGRY, OK??

    TBH I think the problem is that a lot of the time, a beginner's post is likely to be the same as one they've heard time and time again so people can be short with their response.

    I think it's better if people leave it for others who don't mind replying in a courteous fashion but, well, WE'RE VERY HANGRY AND NEED TO VENT!!
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    adamitri wrote: »
    Oh people are going to have fun with this. Just warning u! Honestly whatever u might post about there are some who may come across blunt or even a bit mean. Its an open forum so thats how it goes. Its more because mfp is about calorie counting ...not other diets.

    This. Sorry that you may not want to hear that something doesn't work or it might not be beneficial to do because it doesn't help in the long term. This is an open forum so you will get negative and positive answers. And, there should be nothing wrong with that because you should open yourself up to both perspectives.

    Its not that it's disappointing or hard to hear. I LOVE hearing the truth on how things worked out for people. My problem is, people on here are treating me like an idiot for just asking. They aren't even saying "aw, this didn't work for me." They're basically saying "shut up. We don't care. No one wants to hear this."

    A lot of people aren't going to sugarcoat their replies.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    I think it's good to ask questions, but you might want to use the search feature to do some research just to see if your question has been answered before. Because MFP and its users do not want to fan up the flames of fad diets and junk science, a lot of members will let someone know right away when they're headed down that path. As you can imagine, there's a lot of misinformation to sort through when it comes to diet and fitness, so it's important to establish boundaries in the forums early and often. Sometimes it sounds harsh, but these members are just trying to make it so that the focus here stays on healthy and efficient ways to achieve our goals.
  • Bugdude54
    Bugdude54 Posts: 137 Member
    Someone pass me the popcorn.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Is this because all of your varied threads about detoxes go the same way? How many different times do you need to be told they're a bunch of nonsense?

    People telling you what you don't want to hear aren't being a**holes, they are providing helpful information.

    People seeing you start thread after thread about the same subject are tired of it all.
This discussion has been closed.