People On MyFitnessPal-Vent

2456

Replies

  • ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    Dell2u wrote: »
    If I'm on here and you have a question, hit me up. I can answer or at least point you in the right direction. Sometimes people forget where they started from, so you might get a little attitude but hey, focus on your journey. If you're doing what you're supposed to, it'll show.

    Thank you!!!! That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Its hard loosing weight. And as young as I am, its hard for me to be the size that I am. It helps me when other people say "I've struggled with this." I've even had people tell me that a detox worked for them & jump started all the weight they managed to lose over years. I like different perspectives, not disrespect.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    I just wanted to point out the fact that most people come here for positive feed back.
    < snip>
    , who just have simple questions & get disrespected by people who don't even know what their talking about.

    Is judging other people's views as " not knowing what they are talking about ". Because you may disagree with them the sort of positive feedback you have to offer ? Seems hypocritical to me.
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 128 Member
    They're trying to tell you that CICO works and you don't need puddings or whatever it is. This site is really about CICO and it works, doesn't cost anything and it's easy because you can eat whatever you choose within your limits.

    I'm pretty sure you've been told that before and one you realise that you'll see why these other things you're asking about seem so silly to quite a lot of people here.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    edited April 2015
    They're basically saying "shut up. We don't care. No one wants to hear this."

    But isn't that kind of what you are doing here? You may not be saying 'shut up' but you are suggesting that you only want to hear from people who say things in a certain way and not from people who are more blunt?

    Look, I don't know what prompted this post. And I see that you are a young woman and not an old lady like me but if you really want to make changes you have to start with how you take perceived criticism. Can people be a-holes? Sure. But that is about them, not YOU. Try taking a step back from the hurt feelings and try to get to the core of the message. The internet is not a great place for people with thin skins. I know it seems like that isn't fair, but it is blunt and the truth.


  • ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    valente347 wrote: »
    I think it's good to ask questions, but you might want to use the search feature to do some research just to see if your question has been answered before. Because MFP and its users do not want to fan up the flames of fad diets and junk science, a lot of members will let someone know right away when they're headed down that path. As you can imagine, there's a lot of misinformation to sort through when it comes to diet and fitness, so it's important to establish boundaries in the forums early and often. Sometimes it sounds harsh, but these members are just trying to make it so that the focus here stays on healthy and efficient ways to achieve our goals.

    I love what you said. And this is very informational and helpful for me.
  • ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    Is this because all of your varied threads about detoxes go the same way? How many different times do you need to be told they're a bunch of nonsense?

    People telling you what you don't want to hear aren't being a**holes, they are providing helpful information.

    People seeing you start thread after thread about the same subject are tired of it all.

    Its funny...bc when I post a positive thread about other things. Those people COMPLAINING SO MUCH have no positive advice for me.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Thread 3

    As I say to my kids "when you stop being a whiny little brat, let's talk"
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I think this is less about the people on MFP and more about you're not getting the answers you want to hear. A quick search of your posting history:
    Fad Diets
    Rapid Pulse Diet (AKA, another Fad Diet)
    Meal Replacements
    Losing Inches Fast
    Detox
    Best Method for burning Fat


    In other words, you're looking for quick ways to lose weight, in what is most likely not a sustainable way. People around here aren't going to advocate things that are:
    1)Unhealthy
    2)Unsustainable
    3)Don't work

    In these cases, people will not sugar coat things. And yes, there are TONS of threads about the exact same things you posted about. Using the search function in these situations are helpful before posting. But even without searching, what you are posting about is basically following the same circle. It's fine to ask questions. Questions are awesome, That's how we learn things - by asking questions. But the answers you get, may not always be what you want to hear, or conveyed in a way you want. That's just life.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Have you ever heard the expression, "Know your audience"? I think it applies here.

    I wasn't on the forums for five minutes before I knew that detoxes and fad diets were not well-regarded here (and with good reason, IMO).

    You obviously have yet to notice that, because you keep posting threads about detoxes and fads and then are shocked when people have a negative reaction to them.

    You can create as many threads as you want about whatever you want. And people can react to those threads as they see fit.
  • ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    I just wanted to point out the fact that most people come here for positive feed back.
    < snip>
    , who just have simple questions & get disrespected by people who don't even know what their talking about.

    Is judging other people's views as " not knowing what they are talking about ". Because you may disagree with them the sort of positive feedback you have to offer ? Seems hypocritical to me.

    For instance when I brought up the book. People had no idea what if was about but yet had so much to say. I do t see anything hypocritical about that.
  • Nyappykim
    Nyappykim Posts: 57 Member
    First off, you want positive feedback about fad diets (for the most part). Like people have already said, the majority of people on this site have lost weight by calorie deficit. Some have even gone through some of these fad diets which ended up not being successful, because let's face it, it's short term. I believe people have told you that various times, but you seem to totally disregard that. So for these people to continue being positive to you and telling you the right and healthy way to lose weight that will make YOU happy in the longrun gets very tiring because you continue to be ignorant.

    And like I've said in another thread of yours, these forums are not the right place to be asking advice on fad diets because the community disagrees with them for the most part either because of their own research or from their own EXPERIENCE (since you said you like to seek information from those with experience).
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,627 Member
    edited April 2015
    Come on, why are we having a mean people thread on Easter? ffs.

    Mean-EASTER-BUNNY-FUNNY.jpeg
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Reading your other threads, I don't understand where a lot of your ire is coming from. I believe what they told you is true and on point. There is no quick fixes when it comes to weight loss. No detoxes, magical meals or slimming teas that's going to make you lose weight and keep it off. You're young and while you're young it's a very good time to learn healthy eating habits.

    Learn about portion size, learn about proteins, fats, carbs, and fiber. Learn about vegetables and what helps keep you full. Learn what your calorie goal is and how to stay within it. If you want to lose weight you're going to have to work hard. Or they're right, you will be back here in a month or so saying that you've gained those five lbs in water weight you lost right back.
  • gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    I kinda see your point OP, people here seem to hate any fad diet, yet are all over how awesome the pop tarts for 47 days thread....seems weird to me, but what do I know?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,145 Member
    If there is only positive feed back how will you know if something is a good idea or not. It's the balance of positive and negative feed back that gives perspective on a subject.

    It is actually quite childish to want only positive reinforcement.

    Cosigned

    Sorry op mfp is not about 100 percent validation of all ops
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    I just wanted to point out the fact that most people come here for positive feed back.
    < snip>
    , who just have simple questions & get disrespected by people who don't even know what their talking about.

    Is judging other people's views as " not knowing what they are talking about ". Because you may disagree with them the sort of positive feedback you have to offer ? Seems hypocritical to me.

    For instance when I brought up the book. People had no idea what if was about but yet had so much to say. I do t see anything hypocritical about that.

    They have a lot to say because they've seen these diets before. These diets have been around for years and they keep appearing in new forms.

  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    I kinda see your point OP, people here seem to hate any fad diet, yet are all over how awesome the pop tarts for 47 days thread....seems weird to me, but what do I know?

    Why not, because it shows we don't have to demonize food to lose weight.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    If there is only positive feed back how will you know if something is a good idea or not. It's the balance of positive and negative feed back that gives perspective on a subject.

    It is actually quite childish to want only positive reinforcement.

    Cosigned

    Sorry op mfp is not about 100 percent validation of all ops
    My first consigned post :love:
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    I kinda see your point OP, people here seem to hate any fad diet, yet are all over how awesome the pop tarts for 47 days thread....seems weird to me, but what do I know?

    I don't think that is being promoted as a "diet" but is more of making the point that you can eat any food you want as long as it fits into CICO, you can still be successful. At least that's how I took it.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,627 Member
    adamitri wrote: »
    adamitri wrote: »
    Oh people are going to have fun with this. Just warning u! Honestly whatever u might post about there are some who may come across blunt or even a bit mean. Its an open forum so thats how it goes. Its more because mfp is about calorie counting ...not other diets.

    This. Sorry that you may not want to hear that something doesn't work or it might not be beneficial to do because it doesn't help in the long term. This is an open forum so you will get negative and positive answers. And, there should be nothing wrong with that because you should open yourself up to both perspectives.

    Its not that it's disappointing or hard to hear. I LOVE hearing the truth on how things worked out for people. My problem is, people on here are treating me like an idiot for just asking. They aren't even saying "aw, this didn't work for me." They're basically saying "shut up. We don't care. No one wants to hear this."

    A lot of people aren't going to sugarcoat their replies.

    Except on Easter and Halloween. Maybe Valentine's Day.

    donuts-7944.jpg?w=547&h=364
This discussion has been closed.