My 110 lbs loss journey ! (pics including before after )

Options
abheshek
abheshek Posts: 525 Member
Hi guys and gals:smile: ,

I was obese for all my teenage life.I became obese because of many reasons but primarily because of a bad lifestyle which included binge eating and no psychical activity at all.With obesity came it's added baggage of being ridiculed,mocked and insulted time and again.This completely killed my self confidence and i became reclusive and fell more and more into depression and despair. I could never live a normal life like a normal person.

8983086917_d5b11c0a57.jpg

But on march 2012 i reached a breaking point and decided i had to do something and put an end to my obesity.So i began my weight loss program on march 8 2012.

8984281868_e30c40e2b2.jpg

At that time i was 275 lbs (19.5 stones) and with a BMI of 42.I was placed under extreme morbidly obese category. My waist line was 46 inches.The doctors recommended weight loss surgery immediately but i refused to do so and instead chose to loose weight naturally through dieting and exercise.

In the beginning i couldn't even walk for 10 mins at normal pace and i could barely run for 40 seconds.

Slowly and steadily i build up my stamina and after 3 months i could manage to walk for 30 mins without taking any break and run for 5 mins continuously.

8983086043_c88c065aa9.jpg

6 months later i reached 220 lbs and could walk for 60 mins at slightly brisk pace as well as run for 10 mins without a break.

And one year later on February 2013 i reached 194 lbs.I became active on MFP and since then started loosing weight rapidly.

8984279486_1603a5811e.jpg

In last 3 months i have lost around 30 lbs.

8983086385_66406ce18a.jpg

8984282502_a9c7a3104d.jpg

As of now i weigh 165 lbs and can easily run for 45-60 mins at very brisk pace and walk for hours together.Not to mention i can swim for 2 miles nonstop.My top speed is around 124.27 mph.

My waist line has reduced from 46 to 34 inches.My BMI has fallen from 42 to 24.8 which is nearly healthy.

8984278652_485a58eb98.jpg

This is the last month of my weight loss program and i am pretty confident that by the end of the month i would reach 157 lbs near to my target of 155 lbs.

Hope you all liked it.If you wish to add me as a friend,feel free to do so.If you have any questions you can always message me.

Regards,

Abhishek

Replies

• WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome transformation. You look great :)
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    What an inspiration! You look awesome!
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    you look ab fab!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! and WOW!!! You look FANTASTIC!! Congrats on your dedication and the transformation!
  • cbusenhart
    Options
    Amazing! I bet you feel amazing, too! Thanks for the pictures and the report on your progress!
  • Ladybud2
    Ladybud2 Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow!! You look fabulous!! You are such a motivator and inspiration!! You WILL make your goal!!!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Great job.
  • Cartridgecaity
    Cartridgecaity Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. You look amazing! Proud of you :)
  • srgtbiggles
    srgtbiggles Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations to you! Awesome job, very inspirational!
  • bustersonny
    bustersonny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That is awesome. Keep up the great work and you look absolutely amazing!!!! Be very proud of all your accomplishments.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

The doctors recommended weight loss surgery immediately but i refused to do so and instead chose to loose weight naturally through dieting and exercise.

What do your doctors have to say for themselves now? Well done. You've done brilliantly. :flowerforyou:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I love a story with a happy ending!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Great job. Congrats on your loss!
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Awesome, fantastic result. I especially like that walking for hours thing - so healthy :)

Inspirational! Thanks for sharing your story. :flowerforyou:
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options

The doctors recommended weight loss surgery immediately but i refused to do so and instead chose to loose weight naturally through dieting and exercise.

What do your doctors have to say for themselves now? Well done. You've done brilliantly. :flowerforyou:

they are crying because they could not fool me into spending 8000$ for that surgery!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Great job, man! Way to go! Once you hit goal weight, your journey though will be far from over. This is a lifelong journey and if you've found a physical activity that you love, continue its pursuit. I lost weight once over a decade ago and made the mistake of thinking that the journey was over. Journey for life!
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    AMAZING transformation. I am so proud of you for making a lifestyle change. It is a lot of HARD work, but, you DID IT!!!! You look FANTASTIC. I'm so happy for you.

Marie
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    you look amazing! Thank you for sharing! I dont know you but Im so proud of you! I see the joy i your eyes!!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! Great story!
  • Hollyhocks89
    Hollyhocks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look amazing well done :-D you must be so proud! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!