How often do you work out?

Options
124»

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    There was a time I would go 4-5 times per week, but then I became busier. I work FT, it is our busiest time of the year, and 1 of 3 people in our department left and hasn't been replaced. Also, I'm a FT grad student. I live in a rural area, so it is 1 hour round trip just to drive to the gym and back. Then I have to make time to do something while I'm there, so I need a block of 1.5-2 hours in order to visit the gym. I know some people will tell me I need to make time and such, but they don't understand how busy I really am. I sleep just over 5 hours every night and when I really need to make time for something, that is where it comes from. I guess working out is not one of those things.

The good news is that my class has slowed down a bit after last week, and the next 3 weeks should be a small enough amount of homework that I can make it to the gym every once in awhile. Last night, I went for the first time in more than a month and I think I'll be able to make it once or twice more this week.

Short answer: As often as I can, but that isn't very often.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    Options
    It varies depending on my time but I'm running three times per week and try ti do strength 2-3 times, either lifting heavy (preference at the moment) or fast bodyweight circuits
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    5 days a week for 20-30min a day with one total rest day (lazy do nothin day!) and one active rest (I like walking around town)