Les Mills !

Options
2»

Replies

• erw556
    erw556 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Clean and presses are my favorite !
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a body pump class for the first time in a year this eve. Any tips on how I can avoid the terrible DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) I usually get when starting out?
  • erw556
    erw556 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sorry, just saw this. Hydrating and stretching brgore hand with a protein based breakfast helps. And bananas a great to eat before a work out !! Go light on the weights to start. Then adjust accordingly. If you don't lift weights and you are just starting pump, post soreness is inevitable unfortunately. Protein shakes also help with recovery and muscle building ! I usually do a scoop or two (depending on the intensity of my workout) 30 min to an hour after pump!
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm wincing getting in and out of low chairs today! I'll try the tips thanks.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My YMCA has a lot of those classes. Body Pump is my favorite.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    PearlAng wrote: »
    Whenever people make mention of that I think this:

8nqbwbetjicq.jpg
    But in reality, that looks pretty cool!

Yep, when I first saw the name I assumed it was pronounced Frenchly, but no. It's some guy whose name is Les.
  • deltayork
    deltayork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just found your post.. I'm a Les Mills addict! Combat, Attack, Pump, RPM, and my favorite..Grit Strength and Cardio! Grit is very expensive for Gyms to have. Something like $1,700 per month, just for one location. My local Gold's is awesome, but they only have one location offering grit. I go out of my way for these!