Cleanses

Replies

• TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited April 2015
    fpyewwbocf83.jpg
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Hahaha I was just reading through the forums and was wondering what was going on with this chick.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    Hahaha I was just reading through the forums and was wondering what was going on with this chick.

She's a professional doctoral student, do you guys like not read and stuff??
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    yes, after a long weekend of binge drinking and eating, i often feel like i need a cleanse as well. but i just eat healthier, eat a little less, and drink tons of water. by tuesday i feel great again.

I do this as well, back to the basics of lots of water, lean proteins, vegetables, fruits and healthy fats....everything gets right back in order!
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    I had a friend just do a three day cleanse. She lost 4.5 pounds. Yay!
    No, not so much. She was grumpy, mad, irritable, and then as soon as she ate "normal" for the next week, gained it all back.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    I did a detox cleanse a few years back. It wasn't bad as cleanses go- I ate food on the cleanse, not just juice or cayenne pepper- but it truly sucked. I was hangry all the time, and I don't think I lost any weight, nor did I change any of my bad habits.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    So far as I can tell, this "cleanse" is really just a binge/purge cycle.
  • parisvt
    parisvt Posts: 10 Member
    edited April 2015
    I believe cleansing can be beneficial, it depends on how you do it and how you define cleanse.

You could, for example, eat a 100% plant based diet while also eliminating gluten and sugar. If your diet does not resemble this at the moment then your body will surely benefit from it!

I've done a fruit detox, twice, each time for 7 days. I used to have really bad allergies to pollen and other spring time plants. Since the detox I haven't had a problem. There are many allergies that can be bettered with detoxes.

I also did the master cleanse for 4 days....The normal length is 10 days but you should start slow and maybe a few months after retry for a longer period. I lost about 4-5 pounds that I didn't gain back. I felt energetic and we'll during and after the cleanse.

So as long as you don't simply starve yourself you'll be fine. Just be sure to stick to whole nutrishing and organic products for any kind of detox or cleanse you do.

If you aren't ready for any detox or cleanse I recommend super foods to help boost your body's anti inflammatory and immune system armies! I opt for spirulina, chlorella, acai powder, nettle powder, wheat grass, maca powder and baobab powder. :)
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    parisvt wrote: »
    I believe cleansing can be beneficial, it depends on how you do it and how you define cleanse.

You could, for example, eat a 100% plant based diet while also eliminating gluten and sugar. If your diet does not resemble this at the moment then your body will surely benefit from it!

I've done a fruit detox, twice, each time for 7 days. I used to have really bad allergies to pollen and other spring time plants. Since the detox I haven't had a problem. There are many allergies that can be bettered with detoxes.

I also did the master cleanse for 4 days....The normal length is 10 days but you should start slow and maybe a few months after retry for a longer period. I lost about 4-5 pounds that I didn't gain back. I felt energetic and we'll during and after the cleanse.

So as long as you don't simply starve yourself you'll be fine. Just be sure to stick to whole nutrishing and organic products for any kind of detox or cleanse you do.

If you aren't ready for any detox or cleanse I recommend super foods to help boost your body's anti inflammatory and immune system armies! I opt for spirulina, chlorella, acai powder, nettle powder, wheat grass, maca powder and baobab powder. :)

So much wrong.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member

So... What exactly are you detoxing and cleansing?
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member

It is great that you "believe" this - however none of this is scientific evidence of anything "cleansing" anything. People also "believe" in Santa Claus...
  • parisvt
    [/quote]
    So much wrong.
    [/quote]

Why?
  • FunkyTobias
    So much wrong.

Why?

Demonizing gluten and sugar, promoting cleanses, detoxing and superfoods.

It's a cornucopia of woo.

• glevinso
    So much wrong.
    [/quote]

Why?
    [/quote]

Provide some proof of your claims rather than n=1 anecdotes. Then perhaps there may be some validity to your claim.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

How would you characterize drinking nothing but lemon juice, cayenne, and maple syrup if not "starving oneself?"
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    I've done the master cleanse like once it was a amazing I did it more for spiritual reasons and a detox not much for weight loss I did it for 10 days and I felt so good I walked alot mediated reflected ect everyone is differnt I was lucky my cleanse was easy and didn't have crazy detox symptoms and stuff and don't listen to other people saying this and that let YOU come up with your own truth with things and what feels like to YOU only know what your body needs and what YOU should do for yourself everyone on here and their mother ALWAYS has something to say about when someone wants or is gonna do something let your inner compass guide you when deciding on things for you
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Op has not been back....
  • FunkyTobias
    I've done the master cleanse like once it was a amazing I did it more for spiritual reasons and a detox not much for weight loss I did it for 10 days and I felt so good I walked alot mediated reflected ect everyone is differnt I was lucky my cleanse was easy and didn't have crazy detox symptoms and stuff and don't listen to other people saying this and that let YOU come up with your own truth with things and what feels like to YOU only know what your body needs and what YOU should do for yourself everyone on here and their mother ALWAYS has something to say about when someone wants or is gonna do something let your inner compass guide you when deciding on things for you

Punctuation: It's a thing.

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Before I figured this all out, I did the master cleanse for 7 days. I knew it was time to stop when I began hallucinating food. And I gained back every pound I lost.
  • parisvt
    edited April 2015
    I believe this because I feel the difference. And for me that's what's important. With a degree in mathematics and advanced studies in the evolution of the scientific method I'm very much a "science tells all" person....but when I physically and mentally feel better after adjusting my diet I indeed become a 100% believer and will pass on my experiences.

I don't know what you feel is so wrong, but no one can say a plant based diet for a short or long period of time can't be beneficial. And I'll save you the reply in telling you that I've been vegan for 6 years and have never had one deficiency (and I have the scientific lab work to back it up;) )

I've also run several marathons and finished 2 half ironmans ...on a vegan diet. I've also used detoxes and gluten and sugar elimination cleanses for short period of time to focus sole on nutrishing, anti inflammatory, and replenishing foods. And there is plenty of science to back up much of what you are against, you just have to open yourself to think it could be true....and maybe one day you'll find yourself on a 3 days fruit detox ;p
  • glevinso
    I believe this because I feel the difference. And for me that's what's important. With a degree in mathematics and advanced studies in the evolution of the scientific method I'm very much a "science tells all" person....but when I physically and mentally feel better after adjusting my diet I indeed become a 100% believer and will pass on my experiences.

I don't know what you feel is so wrong, but no one can say a plant based diet for a short or long period of time can't be beneficial. And I'll save you the reply in telling you that I've been vegan for 6 years and have never had one deficiency (and I have the scientific lab work to back it up;) )

I've also run several marathons and finished 2 half ironmans ...on a vegan diet. I've also used detoxes and gluten and sugar elimination cleanses for short period of time to focus sole on nutrishing, anti inflammatory, and replenishing foods. And there is plenty of science to back up much of what you are against, you just have to open yourself to think it could be true....and maybe one day you'll find yourself on a 3 days fruit detox ;p
    Facebook

So your advanced degrees in "scientific method" should set off a red flag of confounding variables. Instead you confuse correlation with causation.
  • FunkyTobias

Facebook

The woobecon: you've crossed it.

glevinso wrote: »
    Provide some proof of your claims rather than n=1 anecdotes. Then perhaps there may be some validity to your claim.

This

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

Facebook

If the fact that you "feel a difference" trumps all the available science on the topic, then no, you're not very much a "science tells all" person. You're a "feelings tell all" person.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member

Facebook

Again. What are you detoxing?

Since you're very much a "science tells all person", kindly provide some peer-reviewed scientific studies to back up the detoxes and your claims.
  • glevinso
    edited April 2015
    Since we are using athletic credentials... I have completed more half ironmans than I can remember, 5 full marathons (I am going to go out on a limb here and say I am probably faster than you too) and 2 full Ironmans... and I drink beer every night. Ever. Single. Night. At least 2, sometimes 3. And I usually drink whiskey every night. I conclude, therefore, that for optimum athletic performance, one must drink TONS of alcohol just like me.

See how that (doesn't) work?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member

You're here to sell a product, aren't you?
  • glevinso
    And since you say there is "plenty of science" to back it up - why don't you show me some? Burden of proof is on you here, since you are making the claim.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member

so all I need for it to be true is to believe?!?!?

Maybe just a little pixie dust for good measure

m7qn67fgyhgl.jpg
  • parisvt
    sofaking6 wrote: »

You're here to sell a product, aren't you?

Not here to sell anything- I think I would've mentioned a brand name by now! Im here simply to share my experiences. This is supposed to be a community where people help each other and pass on their advice. Nothing I have said is extreme or forceful. All I've said is how I feel when it comes to detoxes and cleanses. They are not diets. They are not weight loss miracles. So instead of people getting angry and attacking others the conversation would be much more beneficial if people stated their options with respect and openness. I hope the person who started this thread finds the information she was looking for, if not here then somewhere else.
  • parisvt
    edited April 2015
    glevinso wrote: »
    Since we are using athletic credentials... I have completed more half ironmans than I can remember, 5 full marathons (I am going to go out on a limb here and say I am probably faster than you too) and 2 full Ironmans... and I drink beer every night. Ever. Single. Night. At least 2, sometimes 3. And I usually drink whiskey every night. I conclude, therefore, that for optimum athletic performance, one must drink TONS of alcohol just like me.

See how that (doesn't) work?

Everyone has their preferred fuel! Also..I was training for a full ironman the US...then knocked out a nerve in my leg farming in france (not the best exerience and a whole other topic)! You have done a full!? Just wondering what it's like...One day I'll be back!

And for a female I was pretty fast...!330 marathons. And even if I wasn't the fastest I was still proud of that. Everyone who cross the line is a marathoner! !:)