Cleanses

13»

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    parisvt wrote: »
    I believe cleansing can be beneficial, it depends on how you do it and how you define cleanse.

You could, for example, eat a 100% plant based diet while also eliminating gluten and sugar. If your diet does not resemble this at the moment then your body will surely benefit from it!

I've done a fruit detox, twice, each time for 7 days. I used to have really bad allergies to pollen and other spring time plants. Since the detox I haven't had a problem. There are many allergies that can be bettered with detoxes.

I also did the master cleanse for 4 days....The normal length is 10 days but you should start slow and maybe a few months after retry for a longer period. I lost about 4-5 pounds that I didn't gain back. I felt energetic and we'll during and after the cleanse.

So as long as you don't simply starve yourself you'll be fine. Just be sure to stick to whole nutrishing and organic products for any kind of detox or cleanse you do.

If you aren't ready for any detox or cleanse I recommend super foods to help boost your body's anti inflammatory and immune system armies! I opt for spirulina, chlorella, acai powder, nettle powder, wheat grass, maca powder and baobab powder. :)

I used to be allergic to eggs and cats. I magically became unallergic to both without detoxing my body because I just like.... outgrew the allergies. Which can happen with non-life threatening allergies.

Which i'm sure is what happened to you.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Opinions are like bowel movements. They are very important to the people that have them, but nobody really wants to hear about someone elses.

(alt saying: Everybody has them, and they all stink)

In other words opinions are pointless as they are not based on fact. Facts are what we use to base decisions off of. Basing decisions on unsubstantiated opinion results only in more misinformation being spread around. Precisely what many here are trying to prevent.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »

I've also run several marathons and finished 2 half ironmans ...on a vegan diet. I've also used detoxes and gluten and sugar elimination cleanses for short period of time to focus sole on nutrishing, anti inflammatory, and replenishing foods. And there is plenty of science to back up much of what you are against, you just have to open yourself to think it could be true....and maybe one day you'll find yourself on a 3 days fruit detox ;p

You're here to sell a product, aren't you?

Not here to sell anything- I think I would've mentioned a brand name by now! Im here simply to share my experiences. This is supposed to be a community where people help each other and pass on their advice. Nothing I have said is extreme or forceful. All I've said is how I feel when it comes to detoxes and cleanses. They are not diets. They are not weight loss miracles. So instead of people getting angry and attacking others the conversation would be much more beneficial if people stated their options with respect and openness. I hope the person who started this thread finds the information she was looking for, if not here then somewhere else.

You're purposefully ignoring the request for you to backup your claims. Since you're all about the science, this should be no problem for you.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    glevinso wrote: »
    Since we are using athletic credentials... I have completed more half ironmans than I can remember, 5 full marathons (I am going to go out on a limb here and say I am probably faster than you too) and 2 full Ironmans... and I drink beer every night. Ever. Single. Night. At least 2, sometimes 3. And I usually drink whiskey every night. I conclude, therefore, that for optimum athletic performance, one must drink TONS of alcohol just like me.

See how that (doesn't) work?

Everyone has their preferred fuel!

tyTc1Nl.jpg

• glevinso
    glevinso wrote: »
    Since we are using athletic credentials... I have completed more half ironmans than I can remember, 5 full marathons (I am going to go out on a limb here and say I am probably faster than you too) and 2 full Ironmans... and I drink beer every night. Ever. Single. Night. At least 2, sometimes 3. And I usually drink whiskey every night. I conclude, therefore, that for optimum athletic performance, one must drink TONS of alcohol just like me.

See how that (doesn't) work?

Everyone has their preferred fuel!

tyTc1Nl.jpg

Lol this...
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Want a "cleanse?" Try salmonella. I did it, and I definitely felt different.
  • gvj777
    gvj777 Posts: 15 Member
    Listen to this first ...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7t-yi_WhyY
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »

I've also run several marathons and finished 2 half ironmans ...on a vegan diet. I've also used detoxes and gluten and sugar elimination cleanses for short period of time to focus sole on nutrishing, anti inflammatory, and replenishing foods. And there is plenty of science to back up much of what you are against, you just have to open yourself to think it could be true....and maybe one day you'll find yourself on a 3 days fruit detox ;p

You're here to sell a product, aren't you?

Not here to sell anything- I think I would've mentioned a brand name by now! Im here simply to share my experiences. This is supposed to be a community where people help each other and pass on their advice. Nothing I have said is extreme or forceful. All I've said is how I feel when it comes to detoxes and cleanses. They are not diets. They are not weight loss miracles. So instead of people getting angry and attacking others the conversation would be much more beneficial if people stated their options with respect and openness. I hope the person who started this thread finds the information she was looking for, if not here then somewhere else.

I guess it's just confusing to me why you would recommend someone do harmful things to their body, such as forgoing food, unless you stood to profit in some way.
  • glevinso
    I got 50 seconds in and that was 50 seconds too many. What the hell was that?
  • SconnieCat
    gvj777 wrote: »

Uh.
    giphy.gif
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    I did a cleanse once. I can't remember what it's called because I seriously want to block out that part of my life from my memory. I'm only bringing it back to mind because I want to save you from the horror that I lived through.

First of all - you're going to be miserable. Not "I'm going to go sulk in my bed and not talk to anyone, posting selfies to show just how upset I am" miserable. I mean, you're going to wish your dad left his gun closet open miserable.

It started out alright. I had some fruit and drank some water and tea. After some time, it began to happen...

I was SO HUNGRY, but I knew I couldn't eat! My skin got pasty white and I started sweating. I resisted the urge to scarf down the delicious chocolate cake my mom made for some celebration. I had to walk around the house in my underpants because I was sweating so much, all of my clothes got soaked through.

I couldn't concentrate either. My brain was a fog and just darted from one random, useless subject to another. I think I failed a few exams at school because I just couldn't think.

Then there were the later stages and the washroom.. Oh God, the washroom!

If you like your rectum, I wouldn't do a cleanse.

On the last couple of days of the cleanse, my body cleansed itself. It cleansed hard, in the only way it knows how. I think the worst part about it was that it came out of nowhere. I was just sitting on my bed, watching TV, with my knees folded up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, rocking back and forth, wishing the world would end so I can stop this self torture... Then I could physically feel my stomach rumble and I had to RUN! I swear, I never ran so fast in my life!

Luckily, I was only wearing my underwear, so I was quick to get on the toilet. I'm glad I was because as soon as my cheeks hit porcelain, I just exploded. I mean, if the Tsunami that hit Japan was coloured brown, I'm sure it came from my *kitten*.

It just poured and poured and poured out of me. It was like it never ended. I swear I blacked out because the next thing I remember, I was laying down next to the throne. My entire body was in pain. My butt felt like the opening to the River Thames. Then I looked up.

It was everywhere... On the floor, in the sink, all over the walls.. My poor cat was on the far side of the bathtub and even she needed to have a bath.

After that day, I will never do a cleanse again. I spent more time cleaning the washroom than I did doing the cleanse...

I seriously suggest you don't do one either.
  • glevinso
    That post... was a thing of beauty... I have to say....
  • SconnieCat
    @chivalryder There are no words.... just.... wow.
  • glevinso
    @chivalryder I think this guy is appropriate here (I think I saw it earlier in this thread even):

tj9lcprtps7r_zpsqyschqbj.gif
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I believe this because I feel the difference. And for me that's what's important. With a degree in mathematics and advanced studies in the evolution of the scientific method I'm very much a "science tells all" person....but when I physically and mentally feel better after adjusting my diet I indeed become a 100% believer and will pass on my experiences.

I don't know what you feel is so wrong, but no one can say a plant based diet for a short or long period of time can't be beneficial. And I'll save you the reply in telling you that I've been vegan for 6 years and have never had one deficiency (and I have the scientific lab work to back it up;) )

c52741ed_6b1cc1e094d25ec2bf90a2352bae038f9a6710c155d69b16b400b8f14e31000e.jpeg

• PeachyCarol

Jesus wept.

How anyone can take anybody with that hair even halfway seriously is beyond me.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    I couldn't press Play because that guy looks like his wax face is melting off.
  • glevinso
    You didn't miss anything.
  • This content has been removed.
  • SconnieCat
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I believe this because I feel the difference. And for me that's what's important. With a degree in mathematics and advanced studies in the evolution of the scientific method I'm very much a "science tells all" person....but when I physically and mentally feel better after adjusting my diet I indeed become a 100% believer and will pass on my experiences.

I don't know what you feel is so wrong, but no one can say a plant based diet for a short or long period of time can't be beneficial. And I'll save you the reply in telling you that I've been vegan for 6 years and have never had one deficiency (and I have the scientific lab work to back it up;) )

In your scientific expertise can you tell us what you detoxed? What did it do that your liver and kidneys don't do?

Can you also show us the science that you say exists to back up your detox claims?

Good luck... I've been waiting on the science for a couple of pages now. :(

cookie-monster-waiting.gif
  • glevinso
    MrM27 wrote: »

In your scientific expertise can you tell us what you detoxed? What did it do that your liver and kidneys don't do?

Can you also show us the science that you say exists to back up your detox claims?

Nah, this person has no ability to. I have been waiting myself for a few pages and got bupkis
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

The ND was all I needed to see to know this is nonsense.
  • PeachyCarol

You got past the hair and the chemical peel face?

Impressive.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

You got past the hair and the chemical peel face?

Impressive.

:laugh: I did try to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.