RID THE FAT - DRINK H2O (WATER)

Options

Replies

• Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the OP meant that fat liquifies if we drink lots of boiling water whilst immersed in boiling water... which just might work; but sounds rather painful.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    In. This will be good.

popcorn.gif

• bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    this thread is one reason why I rarely visit the message boards anymore. Why would someone take the time to post a subject that isn't based in fact?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Well, if by losing weight you mean peeing back off all the water you drank. I drink what I'm thirsty for. Chugging extra is just a pain in the butt; it doesn't make you lose fat faster.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    this thread is one reason why I rarely visit the message boards anymore. Why would someone take the time to post a subject that isn't based in fact?

Since when has "fact" stopped anyone from saying anything they wish to? Politicians, religious leaders, etc...
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Consuming water comes with responsibility as well. Too much water can cause you to diminish your electrolyte stores in the body. There have been stories of people "drowning" themselves from drinking too much water.

This is why I drink Brawndo. It's got electrolytes.

post-54967-its-got-electrolytes-gif-Imgur-aQ51.gif
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    look at the science and you will see it's true.
    I love how people are taking one sentence and basing their whole response on that!
    In typical fashion along with other groups who do that same thing!
    ninerbuff wrote:
    It's not about hating, it's about how misinformation shouldn't be passed on as actual information ...
    Feel free to support your opinion with any PEER REVIEWED CLINICAL STUDIES.
    I'd be willing to read them and change my stance if they are legit.
    Yeah, what 9 said.
    Here's PubMed, where you can search for published, peer-reviewed scientific studies.
    Good luck finding any to support your claims.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

And before you even go there... (well, more than you already did)
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
    The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove.
    The inability, or disinclination, to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence
    whatsoever ... we must assign value to any claim based on the available evidence
  • jaliving
    jaliving Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well, if you want to stick with facts one needs to accept that water is critical to Cellular Respiration, whose rate of which is the definition of Metabolism (Metabolic Rate). For cells to create ATP (Energy), they need H2O (Both for the Oxygen and the Hydrogen). Too little water and the rate of Cellular Respiration (Metabolism) slows down.

This is 8th Grade Biology, not witchcraft or mysticism. Most people go about their days dehydrated. If your mouth is dry, you are dehydrated. Being dehydrated means you have already slowed down your metabolism. You should not wait until you are thirsty to drink. You should drink to prevent being thirsty. Again, not voodoo or make-believe, but Science and fact.

For more information and to learn the facts of Cellular Respiration and your Metabolic Rate, Google it - or watch this cool video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh2P5CmCC0M
  • glevinso
    Options
    Nobody is claiming you don't need water. That would be a ridiculous hyperbole.

The OP is talking about water being some magical ingredient for lipid metabolism. Of course it is required, as is oxygen. Should we also say "you lose weight by breathing"?
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    I love how people are taking one sentence and basing their whole response on that!
    ninerbuff wrote:
    It's not about hating, it's about how misinformation shouldn't be passed on as actual information ...

The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove.
    The inability, or disinclination, to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence
    whatsoever ... we must assign value to any claim based on the available evidence

I love that website. It's so great.

Burden of proof is the reason that arguing with my SIL is always fruitless. You could give her a dozen reasons why what she is stating is false and/or inaccurate, but as soon as you fail to come up with reason #13, she declares victory.
  • glevinso
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote:

Burden of proof is the reason that arguing with my SIL is always fruitless. You could give her a dozen reasons why what she is stating is false and/or inaccurate, but as soon as you fail to come up with reason #13, she declares victory.

I figure people gullible enough to believe that sort of thing will be the ones subjugated eventually. I don't bother trying to educate the foolish anymore.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »

The OP is talking about water being some magical ingredient for lipid metabolism. Of course it is required, as is oxygen. Should we also say "you lose weight by breathing"?

Wow, this poses a doozy of a dilemma. It would seem now that I have to breathe as often as possible in order to lose more weight. But I also have to drink a lot of water every day. Which is better? Should I alternate? Breathe, drink, breathe, drink. Or should I figure I will get excess breathing in while I sleep, so maybe breathe, drink, drink, breathe, drink, drink during the day? Does osmosis work for this? Can I just breathe a lot while sitting in water? Anyone who can clear this up for me will for sure be cited as an expert in my soon-to-be-released best seller: "The H2O/O2 Effect - How to Breathe and Sip Your Weigh to a Sexy Slim You!".
  • snikkins
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote:

I figure people gullible enough to believe that sort of thing will be the ones subjugated eventually. I don't bother trying to educate the foolish anymore.

We no longer speak, for a variety of reasons, but this sort of thing is one of the many I do not miss about her.

As for the OP, I wish. I drink my 8 or so cups a day so I can sustain the level of activity I like in the weather of the place I live. It has not made me thin.

• snikkins
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Wow, this poses a doozy of a dilemma. It would seem now that I have to breathe as often as possible in order to lose more weight. But I also have to drink a lot of water every day. Which is better? Should I alternate? Breathe, drink, breathe, drink. Or should I figure I will get excess breathing in while I sleep, so maybe breathe, drink, drink, breathe, drink, drink during the day? Does osmosis work for this? Can I just breathe a lot while sitting in water? Anyone who can clear this up for me will for sure be cited as an expert in my soon-to-be-released best seller: "The H2O/O2 Effect - How to Breathe and Sip Your Weigh to a Sexy Slim You!".

Well, you certainly have found the way to make your millions! :lol:
  • flab2fab760
    flab2fab760 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Molecular science...if you look at the chains for solid vs. liquid fats, you will see the missing link between the two are 2 hydrogen atoms.

For the body to metabolize solid fat it has to be broken down into liquid state. H2O is A WAY[/b for that to happen.

Common knowledge in Human Bio classes for anyone who has taken one.

You guys can chat amongst yourselves now...you guys are extreme downers...
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Molecular science...if you look at the chains for solid vs. liquid fats, you will see the missing link between the two are 2 hydrogen atoms.

For the body to metabolize solid fat it has to be broken down into liquid state. H2O is A WAY[/b for that to happen.

If by downers you mean people that actually understand the science, then yes. Yes we are.

Just because something is required doesn't mean it causes it.

Also lol at solid fat becoming liquid fat as how our bodies get rid of it.
  • glevinso
    Options

If you want to make a fire, you need wood (for example), and oxygen. But just putting wood near some oxygen isn't going to cause it to catch fire spontaneously.

• glevinso
    Options
    And what are you talking about "liquid state"?
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    And what are you talking about "liquid state"?

That's when you piss fat. Obviously.

It's great for making gravy.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

If you want to make a fire, you need wood (for example), and oxygen. But just putting wood near some oxygen isn't going to cause it to catch fire spontaneously.

I was going to use that exact example :drinker: