What vitamin help for weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    ephiemarie wrote: »
    There has been some research indicating fish oil supplementation as potentially beneficial for fat reduction. If nothing else, it's good for your heart.

http://www.jissn.com/content/7/1/31

Eh...most of those studies are horribly flawed, I don't have links on hand, but I'll give a look ans see what I find.

Case in point: what about all the obese patients who take medical doses of fish oil for triglycerides? I was one of these patients and was actually gaining weight at the time. The effects are either short term or so insignificant that you can't notice them.
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    :p Here's a miracle vitamin for the OP. :o

So much negative energy, what a waste.

Is it? You got the answers that there aren't any pills that you're looking for. Are you just mad because you didn't get the responses you wanted?

I am not mad, but sorry for your negative attitude. You are missing the point. Go back and read my original post. I already do diet and exercise. That is elementary knowledge.

Don't be sorry for me. I've been pretty successful in this game. Without magic pills.

Come on bro! I've seen you pop a magic pill or two... whilst riding a unicorn
  • Danixkm
    Danixkm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    dieselbyte wrote: »

I'm in this thread for the unicorn. List of sellers please!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    My pet theory is that weight loss is stressful. Stressing your immune system makes you vulnerable to colds. Taking a multivitamin can help maintain your immune system to stay healthy so that you can keep up your exercise and stay on track. Could be placebo effect, I haven't done a double-blind trial to test my data.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Demon_Lord wrote: »
    The only reason to take vitamin pills is if you don't get the nutrients you need when you are on a diet. However, for me, I only have 1,200 calories but I find it easy to get all my nutrients but that depends on individuals.
    However, some vegetable aid in weight loss. RAW vegetable are the best since a lot of energy is expended in breaking them down. IN eating broccoli raw, you actually lose weight, however, once you cook it that is not the case. IF you can stand the taste of raw broccoli or celery, go for it.

I don't think I have enough nutrient because I am on a diet. For sure, I need supplement, I just don't know which. Thanks

What, are you eating 500 calories a day?
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Danixkm wrote: »
    dieselbyte wrote: »

I'm in this thread for the unicorn. List of sellers please!

I'd sell you mine, but a leprechaun stole it...
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    ephiemarie wrote: »
    There has been some research indicating fish oil supplementation as potentially beneficial for fat reduction. If nothing else, it's good for your heart.

http://www.jissn.com/content/7/1/31

Eh...most of those studies are horribly flawed, I don't have links on hand, but I'll give a look ans see what I find.

Case in point: what about all the obese patients who take medical doses of fish oil for triglycerides? I was one of these patients and was actually gaining weight at the time. The effects are either short term or so insignificant that you can't notice them.

My brothers took fish oil back in the 80s to help them GAIN weight when they were gangly teenagers. (Seriously, one of them hit 6 feet before he got to 100 pounds. Looked like some kind of insect for a few months until he managed to catch up a bit.)