Not so supportive compliments - or not really compliments at all

Options
2»

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    gkauf744 wrote: »
    I've lost some weight, to the point that people are noticing. And I'm kind of a shy person, or I don't really like to be under the spotlight, so the comments make me nervous sometimes. I just got this one, from a person who is overweight, and who has told me he has struggled with his weight at times. He said, "well, if it's what you want..." Of course it's what I want. I worked hard for it. I am just now at a healthy BMI, why wouldn't I want this? Grr.

They are putting you down not complimenting you. you can ignore them in fact protect your ears!!!

Great work btw

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    There are some great supportive people at my work. Another co-worker has also lost a lot of weight. We always add a "looking good!" when we pass each other in the hallway. So there's decent compliments, well meant, out there.

I've also gotten in the habit of nodding or waving as I pass people at the bus stop on my runs.

Kind of like, "We are all in this together."
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My grandmother apparently told my cousin this weekend that "Deanna's gotten a lot prettier now".... at this point ive learned to ignore anything anyone says, or i'd drive myself nuts :p
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My grandmother apparently told my cousin this weekend that "Deanna's gotten a lot prettier now".... at this point ive learned to ignore anything anyone says, or i'd drive myself nuts :p

It is just soo sad that people associate "pretty" with the size of ones body... just crazy! and who needs enemies when we have family... LOL Great job!!
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    some people have no social graces. they just blurt things out whether it makes sense or not.
    Congratulations to you