My Fast Food Cheat Sheet - Use It, Share It, Add To It

Options

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Double Quarter Pounder from McDonalds. Only 749 cals.

With cheese?
  • Kwan47
    Kwan47 Posts: 44
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    McDonald's Egg McMuffin! Just 300 calories of eggy goodness.

I am with you McDonalds has a big list of healthy eats for a low price.

Yes! I love the price also!
  • Kwan47
    Options
    @Hornsby 749 kcals, aww man haha.
  • Kwan47
    Options
    @bjdavidson964 we have a Panera near me. I haven't tried them yet. I'll have to check that out.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Great doc and ideas for those eating on the go.
    However I'm still sticking with this.....
    25saal4.jpg
  • Kwan47
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @PearlAng awesome!
  • Kwan47
    Options
    @ryanaman2, Now that's ordering with style!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Kwan47 wrote: »
    @AmberSue09 but what if you didn't have time to grill chicken for lunch one day?
    That is what meal prepping is for. I get thin sliced chicken breast and pan fry it on some cooking spray takes 5-8 mins and it taste different every time with the different seasonings I use.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    @kristydi I love the avocado lime ranch, gotta stay away from it though. It's the fastest way to sabotage your calorie plan.

Nah, the fastest way to sabatoge your plan is to make yourself eat food you don't like. You make what you love fit. The avocado lime ranch is 310 cal a pack so half a pack for 155. I don't mind spending the extra calories for something I enjoy. I'll cut somewhere else (like skipping the fries)or exercise some more. If I'm short on calories that day I choose the 90 cal fat free honey mustard or just eat grilled nuggets.
  • Kwan47
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    @kristydi I love the avocado lime ranch, gotta stay away from it though. It's the fastest way to sabotage your calorie plan.

Nah, the fastest way to sabatoge your plan is to make yourself eat food you don't like. You make what you love fit. The avocado lime ranch is 310 cal a pack so half a pack for 155. I don't mind spending the extra calories for something I enjoy. I'll cut somewhere else (like skipping the fries)or exercise some more. If I'm short on calories that day I choose the 90 cal fat free honey mustard or just eat grilled nuggets.

Great point!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, this is a great idea. I have several choices from Wendy's and Taco Bell with the calories in my phone so I can pick what I want from there before I get to the drive thru and get hypnotized by the fried food smell! Most of the Wendy's salads are great, even full sized aren't bad as long as you only use one dressing. My other go-to's have already been mentioned. I try to bring my lunch to work every day, but sometimes a girl sleeps through the alarm and barely has time to make herself decent and fly out the door :).
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    @Hornsby 749 kcals, aww man haha.

A 5th of my daily calories. Easy to fit in on occasion. Normally I'd go for a gourmet burger but on that rare occasion I am craving McDonalds (and let's face it, if you are craving McDonalds, the only thing that curbs that craving is McDonalds) I'm gonna eat what I want. ;) not the greatest macro balance but solid nonetheless.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    ryanaman2 wrote: »
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    McDonald's Egg McMuffin! Just 300 calories of eggy goodness.

The egg white delight (with ham instead of sausage) is only 250!

Very true, but I prefer to eat the entire egg. It's worth the 50 calorie hit for me.

• bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Newk's Eatery (if you're in the South) - From the Grab 'N Go Case: Chicken Salad on Wheatberry - 624 calories. I usually pull off the Provolone to save 50 calories to get to 574 calories. I also only eat half per meal (down to 287 calories for half) which might not be filling enough for some people. You also get a choice of side item (pasta salad, fresh fruit, or this black-eyed-peas concoction called Tippah County Cavier). I only mention this one because it's one of the few Chicken Salad sandwiches near my workplace that I like, and it's super fast to just run in and grab from the to go case when my day is really crazy. It's also available on croissant but I stay away from that for sure!
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Nice job, and a great idea:-)
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I work at McDonald's, so I've gotten creative. I eat 1 or 2 meals, 5 days a week there and have lost 34 pounds since I started working there. :)

For breakfast I usually eat an egg McMuffin, no butter or cheese, add lettuce, tomato and extra Canadian Bacon and mustard. (Canadian Bacon is great, it only adds 15 calories per slice.) I also eat apple slices with it. Sometimes a smoothie.

For Lunch it's usually a Premium Sweet Chili Grilled Ranch Wrap with extra tomato and cucumber and apple slices.

When I know I'm going to work in some cardio later, I treat myself to a Quarter Pounder.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I think this is great - some days when I don't feel like cooking I will go with fast food and spend a decent amount of time trying to find a good choice. Nice to have a quick reference. You already have one of my go-to items (Chick-fil-a Grilled Nuggets with Buffalo Sauce). They have a very tasty side salad too, which is 160 cals and a light Italian dressing for 25 cals. I usually get the 8 nuggets, the side salad and a small waffle fries for a nice meal (yeah, the fries are a splurge but I love them and I just make sure to fit them into my calories for that day).

And Taco Bell has lots of decent options on the fresco menu - the fresco chicken soft taco is 140 cals and has 10 grams of protein. A couple of those are a great quick option too.

Again, fast food isn't really the ideal for most people but knowing there are good options out there is really helpful when it is the best option.
  • Kwan47
    Options
    Newk's Eatery (if you're in the South) - From the Grab 'N Go Case: Chicken Salad on Wheatberry - 624 calories. I usually pull off the Provolone to save 50 calories to get to 574 calories. I also only eat half per meal (down to 287 calories for half) which might not be filling enough for some people. You also get a choice of side item (pasta salad, fresh fruit, or this black-eyed-peas concoction called Tippah County Cavier). I only mention this one because it's one of the few Chicken Salad sandwiches near my workplace that I like, and it's super fast to just run in and grab from the to go case when my day is really crazy. It's also available on croissant but I stay away from that for sure!

I have to look them up.
  • Kwan47
    Options
    Nice job, and a great idea:-)

Hey, thanks!!
  • Kwan47
    Options
    I work at McDonald's, so I've gotten creative. I eat 1 or 2 meals, 5 days a week there and have lost 34 pounds since I started working there. :)

For breakfast I usually eat an egg McMuffin, no butter or cheese, add lettuce, tomato and extra Canadian Bacon and mustard. (Canadian Bacon is great, it only adds 15 calories per slice.) I also eat apple slices with it. Sometimes a smoothie.

For Lunch it's usually a Premium Sweet Chili Grilled Ranch Wrap with extra tomato and cucumber and apple slices.

When I know I'm going to work in some cardio later, I treat myself to a Quarter Pounder.

I think McDonald really dominants the list for sure.