Waitresses trying to sabotage me

Options
I tend to go over and over to the same restaurants for lunch during the week. Now that I have lost a bunch of weight the waitresses keep giving me extra food....a second pita with my kabob.....a second roll/piece of bread with my salad....soup I didn't order....spring rolls I didn't order....those sorts of things. I really don't remember that EVER happening before my weight loss, but I wasn't on MFP then so maybe it wouldn't have stood out to me. It isn't just errors because they will say "I put an extra xxxx in here for you".

Luckily I am usually getting my orders to go (to eat in the office) so I can give away or throw away the extra stuff but sometimes it is tempting to eat it instead. My wife says they probably think they need to help feed the skinny man (either consciously or subconsciously). I prefer to think that they are flirting with me. ;-) I'm sure the wife is closer to the truth.

Anyone else have similar issues surface after losing weight?

Replies

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Simple fix... Tell them that while you appreciate their kindness, you actually don't need extra food adding to your order. ;)
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    No, but if you could give me the names/addresses of these restaurants that are giving extra food that would be helpful. I'm kind of hungry today.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Not really - but feel free to speak up for yourself?
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I wish! I love BOGO deals. Buy lunch for today and get free lunch for tomorrow!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I wish! I love BOGO deals. Buy lunch for today and get free lunch for tomorrow!
    Agreed

More food for leftovers is always a win!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Just tell her "no, thank you" with a smile when she brings them over. :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'd get a to-go box and save the extras for another day... maybe for a lunch that I don't eat out on, or dinner... maybe even as a snack. Nothing wrong with leftovers!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Keep the food for tomorrow. Just because they give it do you doesn't mean you have to eat it NOW. Sounds like a win win to me!
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yes I had to stop going to the chinese place that I love. I'm really good friends with the owners and I get a large helping every time I go. He tells me since I sometimes work seven days a week I need the extra food. Just keep it!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I tend to go over and over to the same restaurants for lunch during the week. Now that I have lost a bunch of weight the waitresses keep giving me extra food....a second pita with my kabob.....a second roll/piece of bread with my salad....soup I didn't order....spring rolls I didn't order....those sorts of things. I really don't remember that EVER happening before my weight loss, but I wasn't on MFP then so maybe it wouldn't have stood out to me. It isn't just errors because they will say "I put an extra xxxx in here for you".

Luckily I am usually getting my orders to go (to eat in the office) so I can give away or throw away the extra stuff but sometimes it is tempting to eat it instead. My wife says they probably think they need to help feed the skinny man (either consciously or subconsciously). I prefer to think that they are flirting with me. ;-) I'm sure the wife is closer to the truth.

Anyone else have similar issues surface after losing weight?

Congrats on your weight loss.

Kinda cute, if you ask me. They're just trying to convince their food is good, and they probably are flirting with you.

The glass is half full, not half empty. Their flirtatious....ahem.....advances are an exercise for you to turn away and say, "no thanks, I'm satisfied with what I've got." :);)

Also, it's a compliment that they are trying to fatten you up. That means you have been successful thus far in your weight loss goals.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I do keep some of the food for the next day (like the soups). Homemade reads/rolls/pitas don't really keep so those get tossed. Sometimes it is stuff I don't really want to eat (like deep fried spring rolls) because I don't like them enough to justify the calories so I tend to give those away or toss.

I wasn't really trying to whine about a huge problem or anything, just curious if others had similar experiences.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    In...for sabotage.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I do keep some of the food for the next day (like the soups). Homemade reads/rolls/pitas don't really keep so those get tossed. Sometimes it is stuff I don't really want to eat (like deep fried spring rolls) because I don't like them enough to justify the calories so I tend to give those away or toss.

I wasn't really trying to whine about a huge problem or anything, just curious if others had similar experiences.

No, I never had this experience, even when I was 95 lbs. Taking stuff home sounds perfect. And congrats on your loss.

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Paranoid a bit there?

Every restaurant I've been to that I am a regular at always give me a little extra food. It's their way of saying "Thank you for being a loyal customer." Accept it, take the food home, and be happy. The world isn't out to get you.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    On easter, I went out for lunch with some family members. My sister who is also on a weight loss journey and I decided to split a seafood salad. Super healthy and low cal (and delicious!) The waiter then put in the middle of the table a plate of mini (but still 2-300 calorie) cinnamon rolls, hot out of the oven. I resisted for as long as I could but then did have one and worked it in to my day. Sigh...it was delicious but I could have had a LOT of food for the cost of that one tiny cinnamon roll!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she's flirting with you. Refuse the extra food and ask instead for her phone number.

And other people can't make you gain weight unless you let them. Own your weight loss.
  • thisdizzy_dreamer
    thisdizzy_dreamer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you're visiting there often enough, it could be they consider you a really good customer and feel like by treating you special you'll keep coming back. When I worked in a strip mall, I used to go to the corner sandwich shop to pick up lunch. They started slipping me free extras, but I highly doubt the 50 year old woman was flirting with me!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    But I highly doubt the 50 year old woman was flirting with me!

Hey, you never know! 50 year old women flirt, too.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If you're visiting there often enough, it could be they consider you a really good customer and feel like by treating you special you'll keep coming back. When I worked in a strip mall, I used to go to the corner sandwich shop to pick up lunch. They started slipping me free extras, but I highly doubt the 50 year old woman was flirting with me!

You never know... She might have been ;):lol: