Chocolate Craving - What's your fix?

Options

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well, chocolate. Made a chocolate cheesecake with ganache today, and that works very well.

Here's the recipe if anyone s interested.

Chocolate Cheesecake

Ingredients

Base
    125g’s digestive cookies
    60g’s butter, melted
    1 tbsp cocoa

Filling

175g’s dark chocolate
    500 g’s cream cheese
    150g’s sugar
    1 tbsp birds eye
    3 large eggs
    150 ml sour cream
    ½ tsp cocoa dissolved in 1 tbsp of hot water

Glaze
    75g’s dark chocolate
    125 ml 35% cream
    1 tbsp maple syrup

Method
    Crumb the digestive cookies, then add the butter and cocoa to combine. Put in the freezer.
    Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Beat cream cheese to soften in a stand mixer, add sugar and custard powder and combine. Beat in whole eggs and yolks, then add the sour cream. Add the cocoa, then the melted chocolate.
    Line the outside of a 9” or 11” spring form pan with plastic wrap, then tinfoil. Pour filling into spring form. Set the spring form into a Bain Marie and add hot water coming up about halfway and bake in a 350 oven until set, about 60-70 minutes.
    Melt glazing chocolate and cream over a double boiler, then add the syrup, whisk until smooth. Pour over cooled cheesecake and allow to drape over the sides. Allow to set.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    2 Fudgicles sugar-free at 40 cal each for a total of 80 calories...they taste great too....
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I go with a quest bar. Cookies and Cream or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough! :D Best part of my day.
  • cookofdeath
    cookofdeath Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat one Hershey's milk chocolate nugget. It's a rich mouthful of chocolate that kills the craving for 50 calories
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Well, chocolate. Made a chocolate cheesecake with ganache today, and that works very well.

Here's the recipe if anyone s interested.

Chocolate Cheesecake

Ingredients

Base
    125g’s digestive cookies
    60g’s butter, melted
    1 tbsp cocoa

Filling

175g’s dark chocolate
    500 g’s cream cheese
    150g’s sugar
    1 tbsp birds eye
    3 large eggs
    150 ml sour cream
    ½ tsp cocoa dissolved in 1 tbsp of hot water

Glaze
    75g’s dark chocolate
    125 ml 35% cream
    1 tbsp maple syrup

Method
    Crumb the digestive cookies, then add the butter and cocoa to combine. Put in the freezer.
    Melt chocolate over a double boiler. Beat cream cheese to soften in a stand mixer, add sugar and custard powder and combine. Beat in whole eggs and yolks, then add the sour cream. Add the cocoa, then the melted chocolate.
    Line the outside of a 9” or 11” spring form pan with plastic wrap, then tinfoil. Pour filling into spring form. Set the spring form into a Bain Marie and add hot water coming up about halfway and bake in a 350 oven until set, about 60-70 minutes.
    Melt glazing chocolate and cream over a double boiler, then add the syrup, whisk until smooth. Pour over cooled cheesecake and allow to drape over the sides. Allow to set.

birds eye-- what? what's that? lol ^.^
  • ninjawaffles22
    ninjawaffles22 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero Lactose Free Chocolate Ice Cream! It only has 150 calories an entire pint! With ice cream, I have a habit of eating the entire pint, but this gives me absolutely no guilt. It has the same exact texture as real ice cream, but it is not as rich. It still gives me my chocolate fix though.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ZPLQFG7.jpg?1
    I just pull something out of what Ive already got. Today's choice was the coconut and almond egg.
  • eyeofnewt555
    eyeofnewt555 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Homemade hot chocolate! It's my go to dessert after pretty much every meal. It goes something like this:

0.5 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    Stevia to taste
    Dash of vanilla extract
    Pinch of instant coffee (to bring out the chocolate flavor)
    Enough hot water to fill a mug
    Cream or milk lighten

Comes in at about 50 cals and definitely hits the spot for me.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate or sugar-free brownies or unsweetened cocoa powder mixed into my coffee. I've never found a cereal or protein bar that really tasted like chocolate to me.
  • Rukia_K
    Rukia_K Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Dates, orange zest, almonds and cocoa process until a ball is formed in a food processor. Roll into small balls and store in fridge for healthy treat
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I custom order my chocolate and other items to help thin the chocolate for working in molds, then I make my own caramel (turtles), my own peanut butter filling (pb cups), my own cherry filling (chocolate covered cherries) and enjoy.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Love my dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt! Am planning on having some this weekend if I can fit it in!

llc-seasalt.jpg

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Oh oh and Fudgsicles are 40 cals a pop! Its a great treat instead of ice cream.

Yes! Fudgsicles rule on a hot summer day!

• Bourds
    Bourds Posts: 90 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What works for me is the Atkins Triple Chocolate Bar at only 3.3g and they taste very good!http://www.atkins.com/products/bars/snacks/triple-chocolate-bar
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having half of a Lindt 99% cocoa bar and 4 squares of Trader Joe's cookie butter cheese cake :)
  • Addiewe
    Addiewe Posts: 65 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Chocolate pudding eaten s.l.o.w. Around 100 cal. Or a few semi-sweet chocolate chips.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,628 Member
    Options
    I'm chocolate indifferent, but will sometimes have a cup of cacao when I want something sweet.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I go for some good quality dark chocolate. Satisfies my craving every time
  • VCYoga
    VCYoga Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The chocolate chip cookie Luna bar is really good. I also enjoy the mousse cups (I have no clue the name) or the chocolate jello cups from the grocery store.

I cannot buy chocolate bars or anything like that because I will demolish them instantly. I am a TRUE chocoholic.