Anyone doing Insanity?

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    KingsGirl4 wrote: »
    I'm doing Insanity right now and I love it. It's a perfect balance between warm-up, stretch, work-out, and cool down.

The Max 30 seems more advanced than regular Insanity as you push yourself harder and Insanity Asylum is a shorter program but also seems more advanced.

This is what I researched but would appreciate if someone can verify the difference:

Insanity: 45 minutes/day for 63 days (no equipment)
    Insanity Max30: 30 minutes/day for 60 days (No Equipment)
    Insanity Asylum: 45 minutes/day for 30 days (with equipment)
    ...sounds about right. i'll add that asylum has two volumes (purchased separately), each 30 days. they can be done independent of each other, or as a 60 day program. i'm starting out just with asylum vol. 1. it's tough!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 2 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Strength"=Done! kept it at 20's. that felt about right. burnt now...
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 3 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Back to Core"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 4 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Vertical Plyo"=Done!
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Itbeginswithyourself Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity for the first time. I just finished month one yesterday. 289shgury894.jpg
    oxca8zhz9coi.jpg
    kkubsm3xq8aq.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    I am doing Insanity for the first time. I just finished month one yesterday. 289shgury894.jpg
    oxca8zhz9coi.jpg
    kkubsm3xq8aq.jpg

You look amazing! Keep it up!
    agreed! very obvious change!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 5 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 REST"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 6 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Speed & Agility"=Done! MUCH better this time. no tripping on the ladder (I DID kick it twice though. more like bump it...quick reset & keep going).
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    callie252 wrote: »
    What's the difference between the insanities? A friend of mine let me borrow her max 30 and I was done within the first 3 minutes of working out. It was too intense for me. Especially just starting to work out again. Are there easier versions? I been thinking of getting the T25.

I'm currently into Gamma round of T25 would highly recommend it as a beginner program I've had great results with it and from what I've read is easier than the Insanity programs, allows modifications etc.

These are my results by the end of Beta:

6pv8ga1pysdy.jpg
    bp31at02zbyf.jpg
    mhm880df383u.jpg
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 7 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Strength"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 8 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Back to Core"=Done!
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 month 2 IM30. Love this workout even though it is hard. So glad it is only 30 minutes.
  • xsqueakme85
    xsqueakme85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    callie252 wrote: »
    What's the difference between the insanities? A friend of mine let me borrow her max 30 and I was done within the first 3 minutes of working out. It was too intense for me. Especially just starting to work out again. Are there easier versions? I been thinking of getting the T25.

Max 30 is great and I love it. You stop when you absolutely need to and they have a modifier available. I burn over 300 calories each day ( I use a HRM) and use the modifier if I need to.
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Another one here :) Will be doing day 3 of Month 2 tonight.... Bit worried that I don't seem to be getting very good results though, compared to some of the pics posted here - no weight loss to speak of and although my clothes are fitting better, according to the tape measure there is nothing different in my measurements either, so I don't really understand where the changes are occurring... :( I'm just weird I think!

As well as Insanity I cycle about 6 miles a day and horseride once a week for an hour (ironically that's on our "rest" day from Insanity!).

I'm on 1600 calories - I'm wondering whether I should be going up or down with that, although it's less than the "insanitized" calorie calculation...... but still need a deficit??

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 9 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Vertical Plyo"=Done!
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Month 2 Week 1 Day 2 Max power IM30 done. Not burning a lot of calories but boy am I burnt out after.
  • pgreen1017
    pgreen1017 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Exercise Question: I have been doing Leslie Sansone party hits with high intensity interval training in it and I have been recording this as 30 minutes low impact aerobics. I have searched internet to see if I could find out EXACTLY how many calories I am burning since low impact gives me 207. I think this exercise is more. Anyone have any thoughts?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 10 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Relief"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day: 11 of INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Game Day"=Done! soccer ball juggles were..."awkward". used the pull up assist when needed. other than those...was tough, but not impossible.
  • Lt_Happy
    Lt_Happy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started last night. Kind of excited. Kind of terrified. It looks really intense.