Dark VS Milk

Options
13»

Replies

• runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    The sugar in Milk chocolate causes me to crave more and more.

I've even adjusted myself to being able to eat quite a lot of 70%, so avoid it.

I used to like Green and blacks, but really I don't think it compares to Lindt. I buy lindt 90% or 85% - meets craving for chocolate or something sweet without kicking off cravings for the next two days. Not to be eaten on its own, but 1-2 squares with a cup of tea or coffee is perfection.
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like in moderation.

As for me, the darker the better. Bonus points for sea salt or hot pepper added to the mix.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Calorie wise they may be nearly the same. But, dark chocolate 2 squares. Milk chocolate I will eat the whole bar.

This tends to be my reasoning as well. I love them both but for some reason, I don't feel satisfied after just a little milk chocolate. Also, I prefer my almonds and pomegranate seeds covered in dark vs milk, while hazelnuts are better in milk.

Eat what you like if you can make it fit into a healthy diet.
  • cilu90
    cilu90 Posts: 31
    Options
    I used to be a milk chocolate addict, but after living the 'healthy' lifestyle for 5 months, I find it too sweet and have moved to Dark Chocolate (only 60-65% so far) which I used to find bitter, but now suits my taste. Additionally as people above have said, you need a lot less of it to satisfy, 3 squares of Green and Blacks at 55 cals keeps me happy!

Me, too! I've started enjoying dark chocolate more and more and there are more types showing up every day, it seems. Chocolate has always been a weakness, but I don't need as much to make me happy. 1-3 squares is all it takes. Also, I really like Scharffenburger (sp?) and Vosges bars, but they are more expensive (esp. the Vosges), but that just makes me see it as a very special treat to savor. I'm even less likely to rush through the bar!
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You all go ahead and eat that milk chocolate sugar filled Hersheys and Dove and stuff. Save the good dark stuff for me. ;^)
  • aFootballLife25
    aFootballLife25 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter, the cacao is ruined when it's heated and made into chocolate. Don't think for a minute that you're doing your body any good by downing a sugary chocolate bar. No matter how dark.

Raw cacao powder if you want the health benefits.