Do you record fruits & vegetables in your diary?

Options

Replies

• norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I personally try to count everything. However, looking at your weight tracker, it appears that what you are doing is working for you so unless you stop making progress, I would continue doing what I was doing. As for me, I am a bit OCD so I try to count everything... within reason.
  • spanner112
    Options
    You should record it all, not just to check on the calories you are eating but to check on the sugar as well - some fruit can be very high in sugars so whilst you think you are being healthy by eating your 5 a day, you may be eating a lot more sugar than you think. For instance a pack of grapes contains 61 grams of sugar.
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    everything is tracked. even my black coffee.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Yuppers!
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I record fruits because they're actually quite high in calories and sugar a lot of the time, veggies it depends. if it's things like carrot sticks, celery, cucumbers, lettuce, etc. I usually don't add it because the 10 or so calories is just whatever, if I have like a salad for lunch I try to add all the veggies and toppings and dressing because like large amounts of veggies can add up in calories and carbs.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Only if I eat them. Using them as beauty products I feel doesn't count.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I track everything, except herbs and spices. It keeps me mindful.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I guess vegetarians eat 0 calories if you didn't log any of it.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    The berries arent leveled in the measuring cup ... *Eats one* ok now I can estimate calories based off this line.... wait something is not right...
  • Mseleanor1
    Mseleanor1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I record everything that goes in my mouth!
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So far today i've consumed 245 cals in fruit and i haven't had dinner yet so...yeah, I count it!
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I guess vegetarians eat 0 calories if you didn't log any of it.
    I'm vegan and eat only plant based foods. I really think it's a bit silly to think that I don't eat anything not worth logging! :P
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSS!!!! of course
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Three cups of broccoli: 93 calories, 6 g of sugar, & 9 g of protein. That's worth recording.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That really depends on your goals for calorie counting in the first place. If you monitor your calories intake to lose weight, I think you better enter vegetables and fruit as well, some of them can be quite rich in calories alongside other goodies for your body. If, on the other hand, you monitor your intake to make sure you get enough protein or not overdo in fats then I suppose you really don't need to. I monitor my calories because alongside my fitness goals I also want to lose weight, so I count just about everything I put in my mouth with a grand exception of water :)
  • photosarah
    photosarah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't record water-based veggies (lettuce, carrots, celery, etc.). Jillian Michaels sees these as "free" foods, and I trust her. :-)
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Everything.
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely. I was always told "watermelon's just water, it doesn't have ANY calories". 3 cups of watermelon (not all that much) have 137 calories! About 25 cherries also have over a hundred calories. So yes. They're obviously "good" calories, but they still count.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat, even down to my 9 calorie fish oil supplement but thats more so I can track how often I forget to take the flipping things lol