Options
2»

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Wait....so no one's taking the magic pill?

That's not a pill. That's a bean. Plant it and see what great things await you when you climb up it's stalk.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    7 minutes? Yep, nice warm up.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you mean the "7 min scientific workout" that was presented a while back in the New York Times: Yes - it is the basis of my workouts. But, read the scientific or the Times' articles - the NYT title is misleading. Recommendation is to do it through several times, so it's more than 7 min!

I do it 3x and use 10 lb dumbbells to add in extra exercise: example - I do biceps curls with the lunges, etc. I also add in some running or elliptical - 10 to 20 min for a 35-45 min intense workout. I exercise every day: I alternate with a few other workouts during the week - including regular walks with an old dog as recovery - but this has been the basis for me since Christmas. With diet, I've dropped 15 lbs, several clothing sizes and see good muscle definition (esp upper body). It's basically an HIIT routine that is easy to modify to beginner or advanced levels but the effort is up to you.

It is a valid routine but not 7 min.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    sarinehatz wrote: »
    Has anybody tried the 7 min workout and does it work ? I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to exercising but I think I can manage 7 min a day .

I'm holding out for the 3.5 minute workout. Seven minutes is just unacceptable.

OMG...I am reminded of a Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle scene.

Six Minute Abs!!!

• Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    No, 7 minutes is not going to help you build muscles. You have to be able to set aside more time than that. It will help you get ready to do an actual workout of resistance training
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    sarinehatz wrote: »
    I know I won't be losing weight by doing this work out . I wanted to know if I could get more fit and toned by doing this

Well, the 12 minute routines I mentioned earlier have certainly done this for my niece.
  • kodji67
    kodji67 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have used the app and it was a great way to get in the habit of working out. I tried to do three rounds each time though. The key, I believe, is to go at the absolute maximum intensity you can muster while maintaining proper form.