Alcohol

Options

Replies

• nlbez
    nlbez Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    If im wanting lower calorie alcaholic drincks i go for vodka and diet coke or archers and diet lemonade. X
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have a bottle of honey whiskey and a bottle of coke zero. I'm just waiting until my daughter goes to bed :)
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Skinny Margarita:
    1 can Diet Mountain Dew mixed with
    Great Value - Lime Margarita Drink Mix, Sugar-Free, 1/8 packet or Jordan's skinny mix if you can't find in your store & 1 oz shot of Montezuma - Tequila=Total of 78 calories
  • Boolost1
    Boolost1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, it's so hard got the kids in bed argued with hubby then went shop brought 4 fosters then thought ....nope had dilute tropical orange with ice and then jumped in my daughters bird and stuck my fingers up at the world......then woke up this morning feeling great.... And you f I go out tonight it's G&T on the rocks and perhaps a new hubby ....
  • Pascalywood27
    Pascalywood27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd go with hard liquor, with or without ice. Or you can always mix a spoonful of 94% alcohol in a glass of juice.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    All the hard liquors (not liqueurs/cordials) are low-carb and the best bang for your calorie buck, unless they have added sugar (usually the flavored kinds do). Rum, vodka, gin, tequila, whiskey, etc. are essentially carb-free.

Choose a sugar-free mixer. Any diet soda works. And diet cranberry juice is good too. Ocean Spray has a new diet cranberry juice with a hint of lime; this is my favorite with vodka now. 5 calories per 8-ounce serving of juice.

As far as beers, the best alcohol-to-calorie ratio is in Natural Ice. If you can tolerate the taste it's your best bet. A lot of people don't like it, but it doesn't bother me. Plus you can't beat the price.

I drink VERY regularly, and booze used to be my diet killer, but I've managed to strike a balance.

Also, here - you're welcome: getdrunknotfat.com/

<3

Also Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire. You can drink it straight or drink it with a mixed diet drink. Personally it's delicious straight up. Very smooth and tastes just like a fire ball. Last I checked it has 70cal-90cal per 1.5oz.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    91oKfaJ9jkL._SX425SX425_SY394_CR,0,0,425,394_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX425_SY394_CR,0,0,425,394_SH20_.jpg
    mixed with this
    img-the-bar-collection-_0148_ciroc-pineapple.png

Yes!!! I also use Ciroc Coconut! Soooo tasty!
  • kallickmichelle
    kallickmichelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Social enjoyments is amazing! Actually my friend founded it. May not yet be available in all states but check it out if it does! Only 60ish calories a drink

Otherwise I cut out alcohol myself
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    vodka with water a lemon…a ounce pour of absolute is about 65 calories ….

or

vodka with a splash of OJ ….
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Diet coke and vanilla vodka! Yum.
  • nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hard liquors are always the way to go to minimize cals. Diet sodas and Zero retdbulls too. But if you drink too much all the time. Of course it will delay your results....
  • kmk4ever
    kmk4ever Posts: 6
    Options
    I dont have a problem drinkin beer an still bein were i need to b
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Wine spritzers are fairly low in calories. Half a glass of wine with soda and a twist of lemon or lime.
  • DaveinSK
    DaveinSK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hard to go wrong with a gin martini. I'm not a scotch fan so there's not a lot of other booze I'll drink neat. Other than that, I like flavorful beers. Inoffensive lagers can be dangerous since they can go down like water, but the occasional pint is a great treat after a hard day.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Empty Cals , kills Gainz ,dehydrate like a motha fucka
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    vfit10 wrote: »
    Empty Cals , kills Gainz ,dehydrate like a motha fucka

11274146.jpg
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I drink regularly. I prefer bourbon but it's absolutely packed with calories. My typical evening of drinking, just relaxing at the house, comes to 12 ounces. I literally pour the booze into a measuring cup, then into my glass so I know it's accurately measured. (I hit a 'plateau' and thought, "What gives?" I wasn't logging my alcohol correctly.)
    The bourbon whiskey I drink is 69 calories an ounce, so a usual night for me is 828 calories from the alcohol.

But I noticed that a six pack of light beer makes me feel about the same as 12 ounces of bourbon, or fairly close. And the beer, namely, Natty Light, is 570 calories for a six pack. I could drink 8 beers and still consume fewer calories than the bourbon.

Of course all of this is anecdotal and alcohol content is alcohol content, but just based on how I feel after drinking six beers, it's pretty close to how I feel after 12 oz of bourbon.

Dude, Natty Light is PUNISHMENT for SINS. I'm not a Bourbon fan (too sweet, give me Scotch or Irish any day) but, even that syrup is better than flippin-flappin Natty Light.
  • Edwardshar
    Edwardshar Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Nati Light! hahahahhahaha awesome!
  • juliaruliasNY
    juliaruliasNY Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    91oKfaJ9jkL._SX425SX425_SY394_CR,0,0,425,394_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX425_SY394_CR,0,0,425,394_SH20_.jpg
    mixed with this
    img-the-bar-collection-_0148_ciroc-pineapple.png

Nice.. I want to try this!
  • juliaruliasNY
    juliaruliasNY Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for alcohol, I probably would naturally lose the vanity lbs. I can never get rid of.

With wine, I prefer to stick to dryer wines. They tend to be less calorie-dense and also less chance of the dreaded hangover.

I like most kinds of beer, but if your trying to limit your intake but still want a buzz, I'd recommend Guinness or any beer with a higher alcohol content.

Lastly, I agree that single shots of clear-spirits would be your best bet for getting the most buzz for your buck.

Cheers!