Pizza > salad (PLEASE ACTUALLY HELP)

Options

Replies

• adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have PCOS too and you need to find what works for you! So far I haven't had to limit my carb intake to lose weight but that may change. Your body is ever changing so you should experiment and find what works best for you. I tried low carb and was miserable and my doctor told me it's okay to have them but your weight loss might be slower. She was right, at times it's sluggish but I found something that I can do for the rest of my life.
  • lrwxo
    lrwxo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »
    Hey, I have PCOS too and you need to find what works for you! So far I haven't had to limit my carb intake to lose weight but that may change. Your body is ever changing so you should experiment and find what works best for you. I tried low carb and was miserable and my doctor told me it's okay to have them but your weight loss might be slower. She was right, at times it's sluggish but I found something that I can do for the rest of my life.

Thank you so much! I haven't met anyone in the UK by me with PCOS so it's awesome to find ladies on here that suffer with it too! It's true that everyone is different, I try not to compete or compare especially with weight loss! X
  • adamitri
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lrwxo wrote: »

Thank you so much! I haven't met anyone in the UK by me with PCOS so it's awesome to find ladies on here that suffer with it too! It's true that everyone is different, I try not to compete or compare especially with weight loss! X

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis

There is a nice group on this board, if you're looking for more people to chat with about this, it may be the place to go.

Nevermind, I see you've already joined ^^
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    if you want pizza, then find a way to work pizza into your day and have it. Weight loss does not equal self torture.

Let me guess, you are trying to eat 100% healthy and avoid "bad" foods??? If yes, then I would suggest avoiding the whole "healthy" "bad" "good" mind set and remember that what matters is the food choices in your overall diet. No food is unhealthy in the context of an overall diet.

Hit your calorie/macro/micro targets and fill in with the foods that you like. yes, eat nutrient dense foods like chicken, vegetables, rice, etc, but at the same time you can also eat things like pizza, ice cream, bagels, cookies, etc…

This is sound advice, in my opinion. Unless there are health issues that restrict you from having certain foods, just make it fit into your calorie & macro goals. You don't have to starve yourself or go on a liquid diet to lose weight. Compensate for a slice of pizza at lunch with a healthy dinner if that eases the conflict you are having. A slice or two of pizza won't hurt you now and then.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    DrHDLM wrote: »
    squeeze your lime juice at home and bring it with you to work... easy solution

Or just eat food.

Pack a sensible lunch. Make a personal size pizza like what was suggested before. Bring a tuna sandwich or eat a salad topped with chicken or turkey or whatever other protein you want. Don't deprive yourself or you will end up ordering and eating the whole pizza.
  • adamitri
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    DrHDLM wrote: »
    squeeze your lime juice at home and bring it with you to work... easy solution

Or just eat food.

Pack a sensible lunch. Make a personal size pizza like what was suggested before. Bring a tuna sandwich or eat a salad topped with chicken or turkey or whatever other protein you want. Don't deprive yourself or you will end up ordering and eating the whole pizza.

I vote for this! Because I have broke and ate the whole damn pizza in the end, along with an order of wings. UGH
  • holliebaker90
    holliebaker90 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Best advice... go to a doctor! If you say you have an eating disorder, I think it is time for a different way of approaching things. Only a doctor can advise for you what your body needs after a full physical exam.
  • adamitri
    Options
    Best advice... go to a doctor! If you say you have an eating disorder, I think it is time for a different way of approaching things. Only a doctor can advise for you what your body needs after a full physical exam.

Did the OP say she had a eating disorder? Did I miss that? I think the OP is just trying to find out something that might work for her.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Did the OP say she had a eating disorder? Did I miss that? I think the OP is just trying to find out something that might work for her.

Nope...she said in a previous post on page 1 that she didn't have an eating disorder :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

no, she did not...however, she did say that she felt "guilty" about enjoying food, to which I told her that is borderline disordered thinking when it comes to food..but she appears to have given up on the notion that enjoying food is guilty, so maybe she misspoke?
  • adamitri
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

Nope...she said in a previous post on page 1 that she didn't have an eating disorder :)

Ok, I'm not going senile yet. That post was just a little odd to me.
  • adamitri
    Options

no, she did not...however, she did say that she felt "guilty" about enjoying food, to which I told her that is borderline disordered thinking when it comes to food..but she appears to have given up on the notion that enjoying food is guilty, so maybe she misspoke?

I can understand that then, I also fell into the trap of demonizing food and feeling guilty which did result in an eating disorder.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lrwxo wrote: »
    I'm unsure of what I need to do to lose the weight healthily. I could use a personal trainer or google it or take genera
    Advice but ive learnt that everyone is different and I don't want to try something and feel like
    Giving up if it doesn't wrk. I'm very impatient too :-( I know I need to just change up my lifestyle a bit and change my mind set

1) Lesson 1- Learn patience..if it comes off overnight, it goes back on overnight. Unless you have a BIG deficit to shoot for you probably want to set up your MFP to lose .5-1 pound a week.
    2) Lesson 2- Everyone IS different. You will have to find what works for you. It's also a good idea to switch up your exercise routine/foods when you get bored. That's when you are more likely to give up.
    3) Lesson 3- If you can find an exercise that feels like "playing" to you, it will be easier. I've gotten used to running and enjoy it now. Maybe for you it's pilates, yoga, swimming, kick-boxing. Maybe you try lifting weights and that's your thing (there are a lot of lady lifters on MFP). Soccer, volleyball..etc etc etc. Try different things.
    4) Lesson 4-SMALL changes. Each small change will net a long-term result. My first small change was just to park a little farther from the door and take the elevator less. Next goal was to not have any "zero" exercise days...I started using the treadmill for part of my breaks at work or walking outside. Sometimes I lift weights.
    5) Lesson 5-Log, log, log. Being aware of what you're taking in (and burning off) helps keep your eye on the prize.
    6) Lesson 6- One "bad" day isn't the end of the world. I might have 1 or 2 days a week where I'm over on calories. As long as I have a deficit over the week, I still lose weight. Don't obsess about seeing red every now and then...unless there's a MEDICAL reason to be super strict about it.

Following these 6 more or less has enabled me to drop from 264 to 210...skipped logging food/exercise for a couple months and ballooned back up to 228...back down to 219 as of this morning and still losing..

51171126.png
  • adamitri
    Options
    I love this board, so much great advice in here :)
  • lrwxo
    edited April 2015
    Options
    X
  • lrwxo
    edited April 2015
    Options

T)!

I can understand that then, I also fell into the trap of demonizing food and feeling guilty which did result in an eating disorder.

SconnieCat wrote: »

Thanks for the concern holliebaker90 however as previously stated, I do not have an eating disorder. I agreed that saying I felt guilty for actually eating solid food was a tad dramatic, I'm not great with how I word what I want to say! Anxiety is a bstard that makes me jumble up what I actually want to say and I don't make sense a lot ha! I did suffer with bullimia when I was a teenager, but thankfully I'm through that now 110% :-)!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I don't ordinarily suggest gluten free foods to non-Celiacs; however, the crust is extra thin and cuts the calls per slice dramatically. I eat half a pizza as a meal a couple of days a month for around 450 -500 calories. Have your pizza and weight loss too.
  • lrwxo
    Options
    I don't ordinarily suggest gluten free foods to non-Celiacs; however, the crust is extra thin and cuts the calls per slice dramatically. I eat half a pizza as a meal a couple of days a month for around 450 -500 calories. Have your pizza and weight loss too.

Great idea, thanks so much :-)
  • lrwxo
    Options
    I love this board, so much great advice in here :)

Agreed!! Happy with the support and kind words :-)