How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Every morning, but I only log new lows, not every minor fluctuation...
  • lizardlipsagain
    lizardlipsagain Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    every morning if I'm home, it makes me feel good if I lost and inspires me to do better if I don't.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Same day every week. Same time every week. After going to the toilet first thing in the morning.

Consistency when weighing is key.

And not doing it too many times is important too because otherwise you're fixated on the numbers as opposed to how you feel.

As much as many of us want to lose weight... The weight will take care of itself as long as you KNOW you're logging accurately - I find it's nice to have a pleasant surprise instead of obsessing over numbers.
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Every 3 months!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning...if I'm up, it makes me pause and consider what I did or didn't do the day before to cause that. It is almost always water retention and turns itself around the next day as long as I stay on track!
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Daily. Record it. Average all of those numbers & log that result once a week. Takes care of inevitable daily fluctuations.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Every morning for curiosity's sake and as a matter of habit, but I record once a week.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    probably 4-5 times a day. It lets me understand my weight fluxation and trends
  • leeayres
    leeayres Posts: 1
    Options
    Daily. I log it in an app that does statistical smoothing for me.
  • Shadowsan
    Options
    Good call DonM46. Good idea.

The only issue is that people still stay obsessed with the daily fluctuations and beat themselves up.
  • Shadowsan
    Options
    If a lot of people obsessed about logging food on food scales half as much as they checked their bodyweight...

...They'd not need to check their bodyweight.

I'm not saying you guys are like that, and I guess that's a sweeping generalisation, but I still think there's a certain element of truth in it.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Usually every morning but I only log it once a week...I didn't weigh myself at all the first month and I gotta say, it was nice going on how my clothes looked/fit rather than basing my progress on the number on the scale.
  • Rocketqueeen
    Rocketqueeen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do once a week. I would obsess if I did it everyday
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Every morning before I eat anything but I only record it on Friday mornings
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    Daily. www.weightgrapher.com and www.trendweight.com show a weighted average trend that eliminates a lot of the noise and anxiety introduced by daily fluctuations.
  • SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    sandryc79 wrote: »
    Once each month. I find the normal fluxuations too anxiety provoking.

^^THIS!!^^ I think weighing oneself daily or weekly is just fine for people who can be logical about the scale going up and down by a small amount, but for those of us who can't do this then weighing once a month (or even less) is probably a better choice. I personally prefer to focus on how my clothes are fitting instead of the scale.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Daily. Sometimes I need a scale break when I get too invested in the number. I also measure once a week.
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I weight daily too first thing in the morning. I am actually working to combat my mind in weight loss so I do it to show my body is functioning just like it is supposed to. Sorry guys on this one - but tracked during my cycle and it really made me feel better that although I gained 2 lbs at the beginning by the end (because I was doing the right things) my weight went 1 lb lower than the previous low weight. It was encouraging. I did feel a nudge in my spirit the other day when I didn't think the number was good enough and did it again 2 hours later without eating. That was obsession and I knew it.
  • cshankes
    cshankes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Wed before I eat. If I weigh myself more than that I have a tendency to over do it on the weekends.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Every morning, and smooth out variation using maths. I used to have a spreadsheet, but now just use weightgrapher.com.

I measure my food too (when I'm eating at home, or at sympathetic friends' houses). I think I just like to measure stuff.