Has anyone tried herbalife?

Options
I was wondering if anyone has tried herbalife and if there's any success stories out there?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has tried herbalife and if there's any success stories out there?

Do you trust ponzi's? If so just take the ponzi pill. It's cheaper.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Multi-level marketing scheme. And covered dozens of times here in the forums. You can do a search and read all you like about it.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Multi-level marketing scheme. And covered dozens of times here in the forums. You can do a search and read all you like about it.

If people used the search function there would only be one new thread per week.....maybe one.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Just say no!... to Herbalife...
  • shinaali7866
    shinaali7866 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Recently met a distributor at my gym for herbalife and she seemed so pushy on the product. I was just wondering if anyone had tried the product. Thanks tho...
  • shinaali7866
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

If people used the search function there would only be one new thread per week.....maybe one.

• shinaali7866
    Options
    This is my first time using this app. Jesus Christ dude cut me some *kitten* slack.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    This is my first time using this app. Jesus Christ dude cut me some *kitten* slack.

I am not Jesus. As a matter of fact if it was not for whiskey I would not be here. That is the polar opposite of a virgin birth.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    1. It's multilevel marketing/a pyramid scheme
    2. It's massively overpriced--just go to the grocery store and buy protein powder if you want to live on shakes
    3. The products *may* be dangerous...I've heard of cases of liver damage, though this might be limited
    4. It is a company that markets to vulnerable, undereducated populations...I find the way that they target Latinos EXTREMELY unethical

Just NO.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Considering it is a multi billion dollar company that has been around for decades it is safe to assume many people have tried it.

Aside from wanting to know if anybody has tried it did you have a specific question about the company ?

Here is what I know:
    Similar products are available elsewhere for less $
    It is multi level marketing company
    The products do not aid in weight loss or health any more or less then other foods.
    The sales pitch is pushy and generally misguided
    The shake mix stuff tasted decent to me and was filling. Not enough for me to buy but I enjoyed the free sample.
    Did I mention the sales people are pushy. LoL
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a LOT of people have tried and wasted their money on this. There is no "magic" pill for weight loss.
  • ncboiler89
    Options

Run the other way: Herbalife has been correlated to Liver damage in some individuals:

"Acute liver injury induced by weight-loss herbal supplements"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004035/

"Severe hepatotoxicity following ingestion of Herbalife nutritional supplements contaminated with Bacillus subtilis"
    http://www.ifik.unibe.ch/unibe/medizin/ifik/content/e7961/e8166/e8582/e8618/bacillus_subt_herbalife_ger.pdf

"Prolonged intrahepatic cholestasis and renal failure secondary to anabolic androgenic steroid-enriched dietary supplements"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19238093

"Association between consumption of Herbalife nutritional supplements and acute hepatotoxicity"
    http://wws.weizmann.ac.il/immunology/elinav/sites/immunology.elinav/files/2007_elinav_j_hep.pdf

Recommend eating real food and watching your calories using the MFP website

Wait...what....did you search for that?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

I am not Jesus. As a matter of fact if it was not for whiskey I would not be here. That is the polar opposite of a virgin birth.

So. Many. Possible. Jokes.

This kind of makes me want to draw a Venn diagram.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Yep! There's like a hundred million threads talking about the magical herbalife and shakeology etc etc etc etc
    My opinion is don't bother. Go to walmart or your health food store and buy a protein/meal replacement shake. They're all much of a muchness ingredient wise, and alot cheaper than the mlm scam shakes...
  • ncboiler89
    Options

Run the other way: Herbalife has been correlated to Liver damage in some individuals:

"Acute liver injury induced by weight-loss herbal supplements"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004035/

"Severe hepatotoxicity following ingestion of Herbalife nutritional supplements contaminated with Bacillus subtilis"
    http://www.ifik.unibe.ch/unibe/medizin/ifik/content/e7961/e8166/e8582/e8618/bacillus_subt_herbalife_ger.pdf

"Prolonged intrahepatic cholestasis and renal failure secondary to anabolic androgenic steroid-enriched dietary supplements"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19238093

"Association between consumption of Herbalife nutritional supplements and acute hepatotoxicity"
    http://wws.weizmann.ac.il/immunology/elinav/sites/immunology.elinav/files/2007_elinav_j_hep.pdf

Recommend eating real food and watching your calories using the MFP website

Wait...what....did you search for that?

Yessir!

Brav -*******-oh
  • zulema78114
    Options
    I've been on Herbalife for a few years and I don't have any liver damage or any such nonsense as described above. I take it because it is quick and easy. I don't push people to buy, if they want it, I order it for them. Imp any has been around for 35 years and has come out on top every time there is a legal battle brought against them. They empower people to work for themselves and to be better. It is multilevel marketing but no different than Mary Kay or pure romance or any other. We do not make money on recruiting, we make money on the sale of products. We are here to personally help others. So many people are closed minded an only want to see and read the bad, you must consider the source because wel all know if it is on the internet it must be true!! (Sarcastic voice) don't believe what others tell you they themselves have only heard the hype and can't see the the truth....
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    I've been on Herbalife for a few years and I don't have any liver damage or any such nonsense as described above. I take it because it is quick and easy. I don't push people to buy, if they want it, I order it for them. Imp any has been around for 35 years and has come out on top every time there is a legal battle brought against them. They empower people to work for themselves and to be better. It is multilevel marketing but no different than Mary Kay or pure romance or any other. We do not make money on recruiting, we make money on the sale of products. We are here to personally help others. So many people are closed minded an only want to see and read the bad, you must consider the source because wel all know if it is on the internet it must be true!! (Sarcastic voice) don't believe what others tell you they themselves have only heard the hype and can't see the the truth....

So you are in sales???
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options

First post......to talk about Hebalife. Nice