Has anyone tried herbalife?

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has tried herbalife and if there's any success stories out there?

Herbalife is a fad, a marketing scheme, and does nothing but take money out of your pocket. Sure it works because consuming less calories, but you can do the same thing eating real food, and the only thing you pay for is your food. Nothing extra.

All that is necessary to lose weight is to eat less calories than you burn. That's it. Period.

Remember this: there is no magic in any kind of diet, food, drink, or anything else.
  • zulema78114
    Options
    I've lost 70 lbs so far and have kept it off I am not perfect nor is anyone else for that matter. I use the products at least once a day which is the weight maintain program. I have some more work to do and I am doing it; I am in no hurry I eat well and do my exercises on and off. I do not judge others about how they lose the weight or maintain the weight or if they use Herbalife or any other product. There is no miracle diet, everything takes work and determination. And I spend roughly $100 every month on the products. Sometimes more sometimes less. I encourage people to eat healthy and I help people to eat healthy not just Herbalife products either. The products do help me and I enjoy the shakes. There are a lot of nay Sayers and some people believe all bad and continue to promote the bad without ever trying for themselves.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Run the other way: Herbalife has been correlated to Liver damage in some individuals:

"Acute liver injury induced by weight-loss herbal supplements"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004035/

"Severe hepatotoxicity following ingestion of Herbalife nutritional supplements contaminated with Bacillus subtilis"
    http://www.ifik.unibe.ch/unibe/medizin/ifik/content/e7961/e8166/e8582/e8618/bacillus_subt_herbalife_ger.pdf

"Prolonged intrahepatic cholestasis and renal failure secondary to anabolic androgenic steroid-enriched dietary supplements"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19238093

"Association between consumption of Herbalife nutritional supplements and acute hepatotoxicity"
    http://wws.weizmann.ac.il/immunology/elinav/sites/immunology.elinav/files/2007_elinav_j_hep.pdf

Recommend eating real food and watching your calories using the MFP website
    ncboiler wrote:
    Brav -*******-o
    Yes. Gotta love an injection of science & fact into the discussion.
    Way to go, tanuki!

OP, also have a look at the links on this page:
    http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've been on Herbalife for a few years and I don't have any liver damage or any such nonsense as described above. I take it because it is quick and easy. I don't push people to buy, if they want it, I order it for them. Imp any has been around for 35 years and has come out on top every time there is a legal battle brought against them. They empower people to work for themselves and to be better. It is multilevel marketing but no different than Mary Kay or pure romance or any other. We do not make money on recruiting, we make money on the sale of products. We are here to personally help others. So many people are closed minded an only want to see and read the bad, you must consider the source because wel all know if it is on the internet it must be true!! (Sarcastic voice) don't believe what others tell you they themselves have only heard the hype and can't see the the truth....

The thing is, you sound just like every other mlm ambassador/sales rep. It's like they hand out work sheets on what to say when their product is being challenged....

• cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    From experience I can say AVOID if you have any type of thyroid problem as it is a soy product. I had HUGE problems taking this stuff unaware that it was the shakes and the soy milk I was using causing my meds not to work. I might be the only person to put on weight taking this rubbish.
  • lrenaee
    lrenaee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It depends on your dieting style...I know two gals who've done Herbalife, they both lost weight on it, one kept it off and the other gained it all back plus more as soon as she started eating real food again. I personally don't have the willpower to live on meal replacement shakes...I have to have real food or else I fail. That being said, you can do the same thing as Herbalife (meal replacement shake) without having to buy through that company and spend all that money.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I've lost 70 lbs so far and have kept it off I am not perfect nor is anyone else for that matter. I use the products at least once a day which is the weight maintain program. I have some more work to do and I am doing it; I am in no hurry I eat well and do my exercises on and off. I do not judge others about how they lose the weight or maintain the weight or if they use Herbalife or any other product. There is no miracle diet, everything takes work and determination. And I spend roughly $100 every month on the products. Sometimes more sometimes less. I encourage people to eat healthy and I help people to eat healthy not just Herbalife products either. The products do help me and I enjoy the shakes. There are a lot of nay Sayers and some people believe all bad and continue to promote the bad without ever trying for themselves.

Wow 100 a month. You can buy lots of actual food with that and gym membership. Shame on herbal life shame .

Signed Naysayer who hasn't got the money to waste to bother trying.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

100 a month? Ouch.

Well why would we be nay sayers if we do know what the product is about, don't like it and have been able to lose the weight without it?

Normally they use the term "haters" when they want to rubbish the opinion of anyone who doesn't agree with them!
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Besides the OP seems to have bolted because the thread wasn't going in the direction she wanted.
  • shinaali7866
    shinaali7866 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks I appreciate the information.
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Considering it is a multi billion dollar company that has been around for decades it is safe to assume many people have tried it.

Aside from wanting to know if anybody has tried it did you have a specific question about the company ?

Here is what I know:
    Similar products are available elsewhere for less $
    It is multi level marketing company
    The products do not aid in weight loss or health any more or less then other foods.
    The sales pitch is pushy and generally misguided
    The shake mix stuff tasted decent to me and was filling. Not enough for me to buy but I enjoyed the free sample.
    Did I mention the sales people are pushy. LoL
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Considering it is a multi billion dollar company that has been around for decades it is safe to assume many people have tried it.

Aside from wanting to know if anybody has tried it did you have a specific question about the company ?

Here is what I know:
    Similar products are available elsewhere for less $
    It is multi level marketing company
    The products do not aid in weight loss or health any more or less then other foods.
    The sales pitch is pushy and generally misguided
    The shake mix stuff tasted decent to me and was filling. Not enough for me to buy but I enjoyed the free sample.
    Did I mention the sales people are pushy. LoL

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Herbalife is not nearly as good as herb-a-day.
  • shinaali7866
    Options
    Hi, not sure if your post was directed towards me..i thought this app was to to support each other and give advice on certain areas where one is inexperienced in. Guess not, some of the comments are rude and just plain high school. I didn't "bolt. Not sure about you but I have a job, where we don't sit around and blog all day. I had a simple question which many ppl were kind enough to answer. Have a good night.
    lewispwest wrote: »
    Besides the OP seems to have bolted because the thread wasn't going in the direction she wanted.

• shinaali7866
    Options
    Thanks, bumped into her at the gym again and I told her I wasn't interested.
    onyxgirl17 wrote: »
    Just say no!... to Herbalife...

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

You spend $100 a month on shakes and stuff? WOW. Stunning. Truly.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

You spend $100 a month on shakes and stuff? WOW. Stunning. Truly.

Well they do make you lose weight while watching TV so there is that...
  • shinaali7866
    Options
    Lol best comment you made thus far! I agree
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Herbalife isnot nearly as good as herb-a-day.