Has anyone tried herbalife?

Options

Replies

• shinaali7866
    shinaali7866 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, until u start getting the munchies
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    I've lost 70 lbs so far and have kept it off I am not perfect nor is anyone else for that matter. I use the products at least once a day which is the weight maintain program. I have some more work to do and I am doing it; I am in no hurry I eat well and do my exercises on and off. I do not judge others about how they lose the weight or maintain the weight or if they use Herbalife or any other product. There is no miracle diet, everything takes work and determination. And I spend roughly $100 every month on the products. Sometimes more sometimes less. I encourage people to eat healthy and I help people to eat healthy not just Herbalife products either. The products do help me and I enjoy the shakes. There are a lot of nay Sayers and some people believe all bad and continue to promote the bad without ever trying for themselves.

You spend $100 a month on shakes and stuff? WOW. Stunning. Truly.

Well they do make you lose weight while watching TV so there is that...

• erikgoya
    erikgoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    yeah...$100 a month, nobody's got money for that.

Herbalife is really expensive, and while I DO know plenty of people who have lost weight with it, they always just seem to get skinny-fat. There's a girl I know who's been using it for a few years now, but she just got skinny fat and doesn't look like she's done a squat in her life.

My advice? don't bother with it, use the money you would have spent on it buying actual food. Maybe a personal trainer if you want to. Its probably cheaper than the $100+ you would have spent on herbalife.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, until u start getting the munchies
    I've lost 70 lbs so far and have kept it off I am not perfect nor is anyone else for that matter. I use the products at least once a day which is the weight maintain program. I have some more work to do and I am doing it; I am in no hurry I eat well and do my exercises on and off. I do not judge others about how they lose the weight or maintain the weight or if they use Herbalife or any other product. There is no miracle diet, everything takes work and determination. And I spend roughly $100 every month on the products. Sometimes more sometimes less. I encourage people to eat healthy and I help people to eat healthy not just Herbalife products either. The products do help me and I enjoy the shakes. There are a lot of nay Sayers and some people believe all bad and continue to promote the bad without ever trying for themselves.

You spend $100 a month on shakes and stuff? WOW. Stunning. Truly.

Well they do make you lose weight while watching TV so there is that...

No. Herbalife shakes suppress the muchies.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    erikgoya wrote: »

...and she is still 95 pounds overweight. Doesn't seem like such a great deal.

There's nothing more annoying than an Herbalifer who is fatter than you are bugging you about this stuff.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Herbalife is really expensive, and while I DO know plenty of people who have lost weight with it, they always just seem to get skinny-fat. There's a girl I know who's been using it for a few years now, but she just got skinny fat and doesn't look like she's done a squat in her life.

My advice? don't bother with it, use the money you would have spent on it buying actual food. Maybe a personal trainer if you want to. Its probably cheaper than the $100+ you would have spent on herbalife.

I know folks who've lost weight *while* using it (not with it). Those people also ate less than they burned (aka dieted) and most seem to work their butts of with exercise.
    In other words, they dieted and exercised and spent a crap ton of money on shakes.
  • shinaali7866
    Options
    Hi Erik, thanks for the advice..I'll stick to my grueling gym work outs. Skinny fat? Oh boy no thank you.

• ncboiler89
    Options
    Hi Erik, thanks for the advice..I'll stick to my grueling gym work outs. Skinny fat? Oh boy no thank you.

Please put your comments below the quotes. K. Thanks
  • shinaali7866
    Options
    Day 2 on this app..have a ways to go
  • shinaali7866
    Options

Got it thanks..

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Got it thanks..

Don't worry about it, people can still figure out :).
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Got it thanks..

Don't worry about it, people can still figure out :).

I struggled. I really did.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I swear all these Her*alife threads are generated by the companies minions!! I'm starting to lose track of them all. I cant keep up with which ones I've posted on and which i haven't..... yet :huh:
  • hazeldesert603
    hazeldesert603 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, and it's alright. Haven't had any health problems. And I can sell it but don't go out telling people "hey, use this!" It's pretty damn pricey. But The shakes are yummy and I like the tea. They lasted a while too. but like others have said you can get shakes and stuff at stores. It's just up to you and what you want to try. Good luck!
  • shinaali7866
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if your post was directed towards me..i thought this app was to to support each other and give advice on certain areas where one is inexperienced in. Guess not, some of the comments are rude and just plain high school. I didn't "bolt. Not sure about you but I have a job, where we don't sit around and blog all day. I had a simple question which many ppl were kind enough to answer. Have a good night.
    lewispwest wrote: »
    Besides the OP seems to have bolted because the thread wasn't going in the direction she wanted.

Sorry but showing supported doesn't mean encouraging fad diets or things people know are a rip off. What you are basically describing is validation.

• shinaali7866
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if your post was directed towards me..i thought this app was to to support each other and give advice on certain areas where one is inexperienced in. Guess not, some of the comments are rude and just plain high school. I didn't "bolt. Not sure about you but I have a job, where we don't sit around and blog all day. I had a simple question which many ppl were kind enough to answer. Have a good night.
    lewispwest wrote: »
    Besides the OP seems to have bolted because the thread wasn't going in the direction she wanted.

Sorry but showing supported doesn't mean encouraging fad diets or things people know are a rip off. What you are basically describing is validation.
    I think you may have to re read my response. I wrote "give advice on certain areas where one is inexperienced in"
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm personally not a fan. My cousin sells it and he went from being smaller than me to freakishly huge, and he pushes it on people like crazy claiming that it's the sole reason he made the results he did.... Also:

Recently met a distributor at my gym for herbalife and she seemed so pushy on the product. I was just wondering if anyone had tried the product. Thanks tho...

I worked in the finance office of a shady as *kitten* used car lot... I know a shady salesperson when I see one.

Run.the.other.way

• the_baroness
    the_baroness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone has tried herbalife and if there's any success stories out there?

My friend is an Herbalife wellness coach. He made me a tea that was supposed to give me energy because I was feeling tired, but it didn't do anything for me. Honestly, it's really gimmicky. My friend had lost a lot of weight (almost 200 lbs) but he did almost all of it on his own. It wasn't until recently that he joined the Herbalife team. Now it annoys me to hang out with him because all he does is talk about it. He doesn't understand that he did all this, not the stupid tea. Needless to say, I'm not a fan.
  • the_baroness
    the_baroness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd say try Atkins instead. They don't force you to buy stuff, and their diet and nutrition information is completely free. Also, I lost 12 lbs in about two weeks the first time I did it.