Should Guys Wear Tank Tops?

Options

Replies

• haleklausen
    haleklausen Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I think only guys that can actually fill in a tank top should be allowed to wear them. And when say fill in I'm talking about muscles.
  • adwhite42
    adwhite42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Suns out guns out? Not even for Channing... Passss :) unless they are home alone and just trying to beat the heat.
  • MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just not the ones where basically the whole side is gone exposing ribs and sideboob
  • juliaruliasNY
    juliaruliasNY Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Tanks are a great way to show off the guns and I think they're fine to wear for informal occasions and around the house.

When I think of guys wearing tanks, I get a visual of old-school Calvin Klein ads with Marky Mark and the entire cast of Magic Mike... :blush:

Regardless, I say, let those shoulders tan! I'm a fan.
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Evidently. As long as it's not a setting with a dresscode (a professional setting, a wedding, a formal dinner, etc), everyone should wear whatever makes them feel good, given that it covers their junk and keeps them as warm as the weather demands.

I really don't understand this social obsession with which appearances are acceptable and which are not. What's the big deal? "Oh no, I saw three of his ribs through the loose armpit opening; I was so shocked, I had never in my life imagined that men have ribs, too!"
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Evidently. As long as it's not a setting with a dresscode (a professional setting, a wedding, a formal dinner, etc), everyone should wear whatever makes them feel good, given that it covers their junk and keeps them as warm as the weather demands.

I really don't understand this social obsession with which appearances are acceptable and which are not. What's the big deal? "Oh no, I saw three of his ribs through the loose armpit opening; I was so shocked, I had never in my life imagined that men have ribs, too!"

I said that in the original post. Obviously, anyone should wear whatever they want. This was just a thread to discuss it in a non-formal, fun manner. Hence, it's in the Chit Chat section...
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

I said that in the original post. Obviously, anyone should wear whatever they want. This was just a thread to discuss it in a non-formal, fun manner. Hence, it's in the Chit Chat section...

In that case, this is my proposal; men should either be in suits, or in tank tops. Or naked. Or even naked and tied to bed posts. Yes. For purely aesthetic reasons of course.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

In that case, this is my proposal; men should either be in suits, or in tank tops. Or naked. Or even naked and tied to bed posts. Yes. For purely aesthetic reasons of course.

Now we're talking! :)
  • tooclosetoquit
    Options
    I think they are better off without one ;) .
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I think if your going to wear them then you have to own it and not feel self conscious. If your gonna do it wrong, do it right. However, probably not in a restaurant or a supermarket or your nans funeral etc.
  • Emmafire
    Emmafire Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Why can't they just wear some nice cinch jeans , boots and a tshirt ? Sounds good lol
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This is the only tank top that I own. Haven't worn it in a while. I took a picture this morning. Gotta admit, I look a bit like a douche.

olqznfq7qtyg.jpg

Hey, that's what I mean about the armpits...
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    This is the only tank top that I own. Haven't worn it in a while. I took a picture this morning. Gotta admit, I look a bit like a douche.

olqznfq7qtyg.jpg

dbag8.jpg
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

olqznfq7qtyg.jpg

dbag8.jpg

Never said I looked in a tank top and I don't usually wear them. Thanks though.

lolz i was just posting it because you said you looked like one yourself
  • A_Patient_Wolf
    A_Patient_Wolf Posts: 1,347 Member
    Options
    Tank tops are great for the gym - like catnip for gym bunnys :)