Should Guys Wear Tank Tops?

Options
Hornsby
Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
edited April 2015 in Chit-Chat
I know the standard answer is "If it makes you happy, then where them", but this is the Chit-Chat, Fun and Games category. That answer just doesn't fly ;)

What are your opinions? I'm gonna be honest, until recently, I would have said "Maybe to the beach or pool", but lately, I wear them more. I know it's nothing but me being vein, but I don't care. I know we have a diversified bunch on this board. Hell, Niner would probably wear a tank to a black tie event. Why would DieselByte ever put a shirt on at all?

So what have you? When is it acceptable for a guy to wear a tank top in your opinion?

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I think it's acceptable for a guy to wear a tank top at any time other than in a professional setting (office, court, wedding, etc.). I don't see anything wrong with it. I may not want to see certain men in a tank top for various reasons, but that's not my decision to make. If a guy has a nice body, he should always wear a tank top. :smile:
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I know the standard answer is "If it makes you happy, then where them", but this is the Chit-Chat, Fun and Games category. That answer just doesn't fly ;)

What are your opinions? I'm gonna be honest, until recently, I would have said "Maybe to the beach or pool", but lately, I wear them more. I know it's nothing but me being vein, but I don't care. I know we have a diversified bunch on this board. Hell, Niner would probably wear a tank to a black tie event. Why would DieselByte ever put a shirt on at all?

So what have you? When is it acceptable for a guy to wear a tank top in your opinion?

only if he shaves his armpits ....
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    hupsii wrote: »

only if he shaves his armpits ....

Ew.

I like my men with a little body hair. A guy that shaves his arms, armpits, legs, or pubes is a huge turn off for me.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Yep. Suns out, guns out!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Tank tops are fine............no spaghetti strap ones though :wink:

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1772722399_1/Mens-Sexy-See-Through-Mesh-Transparent-T-Shirts-A-shirt-Undershirt-Spaghetti-Strap-Tank-Tops-Slim.jpg

this is a no too! if someone can put the actual pic from that up I would be grateful. Not always great with the computer here haha
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I'm not a tank top on guys fan so I'd say never. Sorry boys but I'd rather see a nice fitted t shirt with the biceps and triceps making the sleeves all tight. Um excuse me for a minute
  • blondeinnj
    blondeinnj Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I say yes only if they have great arms and chest to work it.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    absolutely. My late husband's shirt of choice with jeans was a wife beater and he rocked them :love:
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Sleeveless Tshirts are ok, Tank Tops should require you leave your man card at the door before walking out of the house.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Wear whatever you want. I don't care for men in tank tops but it really doesn't matter what I think.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options

Dude, I used to wear tank tops to church. If people hated on me for it, then it's their issue. While I don't wear as many tank tops now, the majority "go out" clothing still is based on athletic wear. I'll dress up when I absolutely have to, but other than that, I like to wear what I feel that day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I have to go with no on this. When I see a male tank-top regardless of colour or pattern I immediately think wife-beater. If you want to show off your "guns" a sleeveless t-shirt works just as well. Now that I have arm muscles I will be wearing them on my walks with my dog, with plenty of sunscreen of course.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    AM I the only ONE with an issue around the use of the word "where"... UMMM W-E-A-R.. folks.. you WEAR clothes... unless the baes are with me.. then they wonder WHERE their clothes went >:)
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    oops.. babes.. NOT baes... LOL... damn EMU... feathers... always missing keys
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Tank tops on men are actually a little more in style at the moment (especially in Williamsburg, Brooklyn). I think they look great on some guys. A few years ago I would have said "no", but the look is growing on me...on the right body.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes, but are shorts mandatory?
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm not a tank top on guys fan so I'd say never. Sorry boys but I'd rather see a nice fitted t shirt with the biceps and triceps making the sleeves all tight. Um excuse me for a minute

I agree.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes, but are shorts mandatory?

Yes, very short ones.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    As long as he shaves his vagina i dont see a problem with it