Should Guys Wear Tank Tops?

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think very few men look good in a tank top, regardless of muscles. But I am also very much a "wear what you want" person.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    johnnydepp2.jpg

Yes, please.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Can't believe this thread has gone on for this long and nobody posted this picture for @emmydoodles83 Mens-Sexy-See-Through-Mesh-Transparent-T-Shirts-A-shirt-Undershirt-Spaghetti-Strap-Tank-Tops-Slim.jpg

Thank you!! Just goes to show you sexy bodies can't pull everything off. I would have posted it myself but unfortunately my brother is older and sucked all the computer and technological knowledge out of my mothers womb before I got there. My brain's just not wired that way. I can draw you a nice picture of it though.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    johnnydepp2.jpg

Yes, please.

Well yeah, if you are Johnny Depp, wear anything you want, or nothing at all. But, otherwise, don't pretend you are Johnny Depp.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    meh is what i think of them they are not attractive or repulsive

now if someone calls them a "wife beater" i dont judge the tank top i just judge the person

making light of violence against women and such
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Men can wear tanks all they want. I live in Florida - it's hot as hell here, so it's pretty much always acceptable. But, it doesn't matter what the man looks like how fit or not if you're a man in a tank I refer to you as "Captain Swole". Just an embedded stereotype of frat boy/meathead that go hand-in-hand with man-tanks (manks, if you will). I find stereotypes funny. *shrugs*

But, these kind of tanks
    mANX0JR.png
    why even bother? lol

Side note: I'm seeing a lot of "a man can wear a tank top as long as he looks hot and/or has nice arms." Do any of you remember the yoga pants thread when a few guys said something along the lines of "girls can wear yoga pants as long as they are this size/have a nice *kitten*..." - I remember it and the *kitten* storm of (some) angry women. Funny how that works. :)
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options

hupsii wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I know the standard answer is "If it makes you happy, then where them", but this is the Chit-Chat, Fun and Games category. That answer just doesn't fly ;)

What are your opinions? I'm gonna be honest, until recently, I would have said "Maybe to the beach or pool", but lately, I wear them more. I know it's nothing but me being vein, but I don't care. I know we have a diversified bunch on this board. Hell, Niner would probably wear a tank to a black tie event. Why would DieselByte ever put a shirt on at all?

So what have you? When is it acceptable for a guy to wear a tank top in your opinion?

only if he shaves his armpits ....

Ew.

I like my men with a little body hair. A guy that shaves his arms, armpits, legs, or pubes is a huge turn off for me.

;) Then honey - you've never had a swimmer, have you. Hot damn.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My first thought was, Wife Beater tanktop w/pastie white, soft smooshie doughy body? In an enclosed environment like a store or bar or in public? No. But mowing the lawn, taking out the trash, bent over under the hood of a car or doing some other manly chore for your wife that involves a beer? Bring it on. ;)

(eta: didn't read any of the other comments cuz well, frankly, didn't care)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    johnnydepp2.jpg

Yes, please.

Well yeah, if you are Johnny Depp, wear anything you want, or nothing at all. But, otherwise, don't pretend you are Johnny Depp.

^^Truth
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Yes and No.

As in Yes: DV747_W2?$dwpp$

and NO!: 49452.gif
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of shoulders so I'll say yes "but" the wider the straps the better imho.
  • lauries8888
    lauries8888 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes, unless you are going to visit your mother or grandmother. This might result in the following: "That is UNDERWEAR! Put on a shirt!"
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    A white Tee or a black Tee is all a man ever needs. Let's not complicate matters.
  • stephanicraddick
    Options
    if it looks good i say rock it!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I know the standard answer is "If it makes you happy, then where them", but this is the Chit-Chat, Fun and Games category. That answer just doesn't fly ;)

What are your opinions? I'm gonna be honest, until recently, I would have said "Maybe to the beach or pool", but lately, I wear them more. I know it's nothing but me being vein, but I don't care. I know we have a diversified bunch on this board. Hell, Niner would probably wear a tank to a black tie event. Why would DieselByte ever put a shirt on at all?

So what have you? When is it acceptable for a guy to wear a tank top in your opinion?

Ew.

I like my men with a little body hair. A guy that shaves his arms, armpits, legs, or pubes is a huge turn off for me.

Thank you. Manscaping is just wrong. I find men that look like men much more appealing than men who take more time being pretty than I do. And to the OP, wear your tank tops with pride. You worked for the body to wear it, go for it. To those that are not in shape but are hot, wear a tank top. Who cares? Those that care truly don't matter.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options

Ew.

You're my type of girl :) lol

Anyway I wear tank tops usually either casually or to go to the gym. Most of the time...I wear T-shirts for everything except for an interview obviously.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Tank top everyday if over 70 degrees out in Ohio crew
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think very few men look good in a tank top, regardless of muscles. But I am also very much a "wear what you want" person.

Pfft, I look amazing.
    0F967644-761E-4C82-89C2-0C3CB3C47B1F.jpg

Kididing of course.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Only to work out!