Filling breakfasts

Options
124»

Replies

• corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Apple oatmeal. Cook 2 chopped Granny Smith apples in 3 cups water, 2 Tbls stevia (or equivalent sweetner of choice) and cinnamon to taste. Cook on high for 1 hour. Stir in 1.5c oatmeal and cook an additional 45min or to desired consistency.

I even like mine cold with milk. Yum
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    cocoavirgo wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Quest bar. 12 tablespoons of egg beaters, mixed with a laughing cow cheese, and a slice of bacon.

Do you scramble this or Put it in a wrap

Scramble. I usually don't mess around with wraps. I can use those calories elsewhere.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Egg-Beaters.jpg

If you don't have access to Egg Beaters, just use eggs. If you must keep it low-cal, cook the egg whites only.

Wow, I just googled this and it looks brilliant. Aww, man. There goes another super practical protein source I don't have access to where I live. Along with PB2 <=(

I can't afford to go through that many egg whites...plus I feel kinda guilty for wasting the yolk, hehe (I don't always, but sometimes I just need the whites!)

Hope you have access to this,OP

My dogs are the happy beneficiaries of all my disgarded egg yolks :))
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    KellieTru wrote: »
    Egg-Beaters.jpg

If you don't have access to Egg Beaters, just use eggs. If you must keep it low-cal, cook the egg whites only.

Wow, I just googled this and it looks brilliant. Aww, man. There goes another super practical protein source I don't have access to where I live. Along with PB2 <=(

I can't afford to go through that many egg whites...plus I feel kinda guilty for wasting the yolk, hehe (I don't always, but sometimes I just need the whites!)

Ooh... interesting. I feed my pup with dogfood only (vet said so =/) and it gets pretty darn expensive for me and extremely darn boring for her. However, I've noticed people give their dogs human food all over the place, ha, and the dogs are fine. Hm. So... those yolks... raw or cooked? :)?
  • thesimps215
    thesimps215 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Egg white beaters from Costco. 3tbsp = 1 egg (I usually have 6-9tbsp). Add some spices, mozzarella, and vegetables.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Egg-Beaters.jpg

Ooh... interesting. I feed my pup with dogfood only (vet said so =/) and it gets pretty darn expensive for me and extremely darn boring for her. However, I've noticed people give their dogs human food all over the place, ha, and the dogs are fine. Hm. So... those yolks... raw or cooked? :)?

I cook them...but I've seen people give them raw. I'm hesitant to give my dogs raw yolk. Never had a problem.
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Egg-Beaters.jpg

I cook them...but I've seen people give them raw. I'm hesitant to give my dogs raw yolk. Never had a problem.

Great. I'm thinking cooked too. Thanks!
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning was a pork chop, summer squash, potatoes, fruit, a cup of yogurt and coffee. Came to over 700 calories. Then I walked to farmers market and back. Burned over 800.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I like protein in my breakfast to keep me full for a while; but am also an oatmeal fan. This lady has heaps of ways to prep oatmeal; overnight, stovetop, oven, sweet or savoury. Many have added protein sources, but you could easily add protein powder to make them even more satisfying: http://www.theoatmealartist.com/recipe-index/recipe-list-a-z/
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    When I eat breakfast I like it to be fairly high in protein. Right now I'm alternating between Greek yogurt + strawberries and eggs and/or turkey bacon on a light English muffin with Laughing Cow. Both hold me for at least six hours and a good workout.