In need of shredded chicken recipe

Options
2»

Replies

• hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the answers, but I also do the crockpot salsa chicken and its so good. I use it for burrito bowls or chicken tacos. You can also put it over a salad with some black beans, corn, etc for a nice salad. You could make breakfast burritos with it or throw some sugar free (or regular) bbq sauce on it and put it on a bun, eat it plain, or on top of a salad. I also just like chicken with some sriracha over top of it. But I like almost anything as long as it has sriracha on top of it :wink:
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I do crockpot bbq chicken - chicken and bbq sauce, sometimes add in pineapple chunks. Shred after cooked and serve with coleslaw (made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo). If I'm feeding others I'll serve on a Hawaiian roll like a pulled pork sandwich
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    corsayre8 wrote: »
    I do crockpot bbq chicken - chicken and bbq sauce, sometimes add in pineapple chunks. Shred after cooked and serve with coleslaw (made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo). If I'm feeding others I'll serve on a Hawaiian roll like a pulled pork sandwich

This is how I like to have it too. Although I usually add a little bit (2-4 tbsp) of pineapple juice instead of the chunks, just enough to thin down the bbq sauce a little and it comes out like a sloppy joe for the amount of sauce in it. I hate mayo so I really like the idea of yogurt instead, so trying that sometime. Does this work with only sweeter sandwiches?
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Fit_Fox88 wrote: »
    I'm on a buffalo chicken kick right now so I just made some plain shredded chicken over the wkend and will be putting it in a tortilla with wing sauce and blue cheese crumbles for lunches this week.

Yum! I just bought a few pounds of chicken breasts. This is so happening!
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    duckykissy wrote: »
    This is how I like to have it too. Although I usually add a little bit (2-4 tbsp) of pineapple juice instead of the chunks, just enough to thin down the bbq sauce a little and it comes out like a sloppy joe for the amount of sauce in it. I hate mayo so I really like the idea of yogurt instead, so trying that sometime. Does this work with only sweeter sandwiches?

Yeah, I've put juice in as well. The bbq sauce I've swutched to recently is more liquidy - but then I cut preservatives and gluten, so that makes sense.

I don't know why it wouldn't work with other flavors, so long as you had some type of liquid to keep the chicken from drying out.