Nutrition fat loss

Options
What are things I should be eating or shouldn't
Any healthy recipe ideas

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you have to cut completely out of your diet. Eat foods that help you hit your nutrition goals and if you hit them you can fill the rest of your day's calories with whatever you want.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This facebook page is full of nutritious recipes

https://www.facebook.com/TheSassyGourmet/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Eat things you like.
    Don't eat things you don't like.

Do this within a calorie deficit.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you have to cut completely out of your diet. Eat foods that help you hit your nutrition goals and if you hit them you can fill the rest of your day's calories with whatever you want.

this ..

make sure you hit your micro/macro targets for the day and that you are in a calorie deficit..and enjoy the foods that you like.
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    The calorie deficit is king here. If you need recipes for foods that are filling and healthy, I highly recommend Pinterest. I use it to organize my recipes (healthy and unhealthy alike).
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    What are things I should be eating or shouldn't
    Any healthy recipe ideas

As far as recipe ideas, check out the "Recipes" section on the forum. Also, there are some great websites. I know "Skinnytaste.com" is very popular. I have found a bunch of good ones on the various diabetic recipe sites too.

There is nothing you shouldn't be eating. If there are things you personally have trouble controlling you might want to eliminate or severely restrict yourself for a while, then re-introduce them. I had to do that with finger food like chips, crackers, and even nuts. Nuts are very healthy, but I have control problems so I only buy single serve packages on occasion. Sweets are something else I don't keep around. When I want something, I will buy one cookie or cupcake at the bakery and enjoy it.

• sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This is too big a topic, not to mention highly individual.

For me, high protein, moderate fat and mod to low carbs from mostly fruits an veggies works well. Healthy fats, lean protein, lots of fruits and vegetables and whole grains with perhaps 20% of your calories from less healthy treats works well for many.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I've just finished reading pages of hilarity/insanity/stupidity on this topic on this forum.... Go find the thread
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I've just finished reading pages of hilarity/insanity/stupidity on this topic on this forum.... Go find the thread

why don't you link it us and share some of your vaunted wisdom in this thread...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

why don't you link it us and share some of your vaunted wisdom in this thread...

Because I'm on my phone and not sure how to do that..

Don't presume that my comment was against your posts.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Finding a thread is very hard for some people
  • ndj1979
    Options

i don't presume anything.

I would just like for you to share some of your vaunted knowledge with us.

as your contribution to this thread has been zero, so far...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    There are millions of healthy recipes, and it's easier to cook without recipes anyway.

So the starting point has to be (1) what do you like, and (2) how do you cook now?

If you are new to cooking, Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything is a great starter book, and most of it is plenty healthy--just basic cooking. Fish by the same author is great for learning to cook fish.

Cooking Light can be a decent magazine with straightforward recipes with nutrition information.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Eat things you like.
    Don't eat things you don't like.

Do this within a calorie deficit.

This works.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Why should I when one thread provides all the answers and entertainment at the same time?
  • ndj1979
    Options

Why should I when one thread provides all the answers and entertainment at the same time?

so you have nothing…

got ya.

we are done here.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

A thread title or keywords would be helpful. You've just described about a thousand other threads on this board.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that you like in portion sizes that fit your goals.

Get plenty of fats & protein for healthy and satiety.

Get plenty of fruits & veggies for the micronutrients.

Fill in the rest of your calories with carbs, sweets, and treats as you see fit.

The list of possible foods to eat is really endless. So much will depend on your personal goals and preferences. Look at open diaries for ideas, check the recipe section, and start looking at what works best for you.