What are the best sauces and dips you've discovered to satisfy taste but keep on track?

Options
Please share your discoveries either store bought or homemade.

Replies

• Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I've been using a couple tablespoons of seasoned rice wine vinegar on almost everything raw. Not the best if you're super strict with your sugar and sodium, but those aren't issues for me.

I also make a sauce out if a red bell pepper, a quarter cup white vinegar, 1-3 tablespoons sugar, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Blend it until smooth, then cook until it's thickened slightly. A tiny bit has a ton of flavor.
  • almasato
    almasato Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My new discovery of a condiment called "Ajvar", which is originally from southern Europe. It is basically baked aubergine and peppers + some more veggies and a little bit of oil mixed in.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Sriacha and mustard! Either alone or mixed with Greek yogurt. I also make a ranch dressing and use silken tofu instead of mayo.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Kimchee makes everything taste better!

Also salsa, sweet pickle relish, hot sauce, and balsamic vinegar.
  • s2Mango
    s2Mango Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed completely with Sweet Chili Sauce right now.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    There's a bottle of Ken's Steakhouse light Northern Italian dressing in my refrigerator that's 45 calories per 2 tablespoons.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Wild Wings Parmesan Garlic sauce. 60 cals for 15g (1Tbsp). Good stuff.
  • SlateCity4
    SlateCity4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    brendak76 wrote: »
    Sriacha and mustard! Either alone or mixed with Greek yogurt. I also make a ranch dressing and use silken tofu instead of mayo.

This looks very interesting! Thanks for sharing!
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    A1 steak sauce

Red pepper
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    BBQ sauce
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Vegenaise + sriacha!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    almasato wrote: »
    My new discovery of a condiment called "Ajvar", which is originally from southern Europe. It is basically baked aubergine and peppers + some more veggies and a little bit of oil mixed in.

I lived in Bosnia for awhile and Ajvar was very popular, but I just couldn't get up the courage to try it. Never seen anyone mention it on here :)

For me, Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. It's a strong flavor, so I can use just a small amount
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Salsa and walkerswood Jamaican jerk sauce.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Homemade tzatziki for burgers and wraps, Avocado mayo lime dip and avocado salsa dip both homemade, sriracha, mayo mixed with BBQ sauce or mustard, lemon butter, maple syrup...
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    emilyr0011 wrote: »
    Buffalo Wild Wings Parmesan Garlic sauce. 60 cals for 15g (1Tbsp). Good stuff.

This sounds great! Do you get it at the restaurant or is it found in stores??
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am totally obsessed with vinegars (I'm going to sound like Bubba from Forrest Gump here) red wine vinegar, seasoned rice vinegar, balsamic, white balsamic, white wine, infused vinegar.

Also I love spicy stuff, so: sambal oelek and harissa are a must. As well as different bottles of hot sauce and flavored mustards from specialty stores.
  • KaneNLN
    KaneNLN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Salsa (great for spicing up dishes) per 100g = 30cal
    xtra light mayo 100g = 70 cal

Nandos piri piri sauce 100g = 80 cal

I probably only use 30g of sauce per serving so it's like 20/30 cals, they really help with pasta and chicken/rice/mince (ground beef as americans say)

• Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I've been addicted to tomato sauce since I was a toddler. I put that stuff on EVERYTHING! (Everything savoury of course...)

I think my taste changed along with it, food just doesn't taste right without it to me, no matter how the dish is prepared.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! Do you get it at the restaurant or is it found in stores??

It is! I use it on chicken, burgers, on sandwiches instead of mayo sometimes, meatballs...
    You can buy them at the restaurant. They sell all of their sauces by the bottles, 3/$14 iirc.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    When I make my vegetable and ground turkey dish, I cook them with chalula chipotle hot sauce (technically 0 calories but I'm sure there's 5 in there or so). When it's cooked, I mix in a laughing cow queso fresco cheese. You end up with this creamy, spicy, reddish/orange sauce for 35 calories. I have to eat with a spoon.