I HATE fish, chicken breasts and hate whole grains...nasty!

Options

Replies

• chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am just getting tired of eating the same foods and need to switch it up any ideas? I keep reading different posts thinking something will jump out at me but nothing yet. So far every day this week I have eaten two eggs and two strips of turkey bacon. What are some other breakfast ideas? I do not like oatmeal in the summertime and I like to eat something very high in protein in the mornings

if YOU like fish.....try smoked salmon, mackeral fillets, smoked haddock, kippers...these are all traditional british breakfast dishes. You could also try poached eggs on spinach or ham slices with some sort of softish cheese rolled up inside...hope some of these suggestions help :-)
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with red meat! Bring on the steak! Look at all the pics of the men on here with ripped chests and abs that claim to eat a steak a day!
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Eat lean cuts of beef and pork if you prefer those. If you aren't a fan of grains, don't eat them; but don't eat any white bread, sugary cereals, or products made of enriched wheat flour.

I personally enjoy fish, chicken breasts, and whole grains so I can't really sympathize.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I eat red meat regularly, and I nearly always choose the delicious fatty cuts. Fat is not the devil.

wrong, fat is satan reincarnate....!!!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I eat pork and lean beef. It shouldn't be a problem if you stay within portion size and cut off all visible fat.
    You hate all grains? Have you tried quinoa? It is very high in protein and very good for you. How about tuna?
    You have to do what works for you.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Est s lot of pork tenderloin. Very lean. And lean cuts of beef. Not eating grains isn't a big deal
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    That's kind of the attitude a child would have.

I learned to enjoy foods I didn't previously like. I choked them down until my palate adjusted (this included pretty much all vegetables, greek yogurt, water, pouch tuna...list goes on).

I also make myself clean the house and go to work!

Exactly how I feel...
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't like fish except for salmon, love pork, beef and lamb, like dark meat chicken, won't touch ground turkey. I eat a LOT of beef and I'm losing weight, getting trimmer, feeling great. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't eat red meat and still lose weight.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I would agree with some other posters. Paleo/Primal sounds like it would be a good fit. Do a little research, it is no grains.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you should just stay fat then.
    [/quote

STFU
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Est s lot of pork tenderloin. Very lean. And lean cuts of beef. Not eating grains isn't a big deal

I was really surprised how lean/low calorie this is-I bought some on clearance a few weeks ago and got hooked on it :) Price wise it's very reasonable, especially if you can get it on sale or clearance. I paid under $4 for one and a half pounds-got three meals out of it :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

I learned to enjoy foods I didn't previously like. I choked them down until my palate adjusted (this included pretty much all vegetables, greek yogurt, water, pouch tuna...list goes on).

You mean like push everything under the bed and have your mom call in sick for you, right?
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    I know I'll probably get reamed from this, but it's me! I'm not you! You know what sucks? I HATE fish, chicken breasts, not big on turkey either and hate whole grains...all nasty! I LOVE red meat and pork chops/ribs...always tastes great, always enjoy it. So how am I to eat healthy when I'm like this. And yes, I've tried fish, chicken and whole grains many times, many different ways. I HATE them plain and simple. So then how is one to ever eat healthy. All I'm really left with is fruits and veggies. Love them! I try to eat leaner meat like sirloin and lean beef & watch portion control. I can't cook with turkey because hubby won't allow it. I do use olive oil to cook and bake & broil, drink water...little things like that I do. Meat is the area for me that doesn't work with the poultry and fish nor the whole grains...blah!

I don't generally hate anything but I rarely eat fish. Red meat makes up a large part of my diet. One of the best ways to stick to a healthy diet is to LIKE what you eat. Portion control comes in handy here. Get a scale, Measure and figure your calories before you eat it. And I agree on the pork tenderloin! So many ways to marinate it!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    If you hate chicken breast, why not try organ meat, eg chicken, pigs or lamb liver? Generally pork and lamb have a 1:1 ratio of protein:fat but organ meats are much the exception and they're very high in protein and are much lower in fa, and they taste great.

I eat organ meats occasionally, but many of them are high in cholesterol. I would check the nutritional profile of foods.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    I am just getting tired of eating the same foods and need to switch it up any ideas? I keep reading different posts thinking something will jump out at me but nothing yet. So far every day this week I have eaten two eggs and two strips of turkey bacon. What are some other breakfast ideas? I do not like oatmeal in the summertime and I like to eat something very high in protein in the mornings

I love my oatmeal and feel the same about not really wanting it in the summer time, until I found recipes for refrigerator oats at Yummy Life. You can make two or three ahead of time, have them waiting in the fridge, grab and go!

I've also just recently started making smoothies in the morning for after my walk or 30DS.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

You mean like push everything under the bed and have your mom call in sick for you, right?

In fairness, the OP's headline ("nasty"!) is a bit juvenile and she doesn't seem awfully open to suggestions, leading me to wonder why she posted in the first place. I myself would experiment with small portions of new dishes. I don't believe in food anti-aversion therapy by choking down food I can't stand.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Some tastes improve as you have more of them.

If you are worried about the fat content of red meat and pork, you can always base your diet around a vegetarian's diet who gets higher protein and then add in a few meat treats.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

In fairness, the OP's headline ("nasty"!) is a bit juvenile and she doesn't seem awfully open to suggestions, leading me to wonder why she posted in the first place. I myself would experiment with small portions of new dishes. I don't believe in food anti-aversion therapy by choking down food I can't stand.

I like buffets for this reason.

The OP opened herself up to all responses by posting on a public forum.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh, I sympathize with you. But don't give up. Beef and pork are just fine too. You just need to do some portion size management and take care of how you prepare meat. Deep frying is a no go but grill can work nicely. I see nothing wrong if you stick to what you like and top the red meat with veggies. You just have to find the right balance in your diet and explore a bit for some good ideas on low calorie meals with things that you like. Eatingwell.com have some good ideas always; at least that is my resort for things I don't want to give up but could make an effort for healthier varieties. Good luck!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    If you hate chicken breast, why not try organ meat, eg chicken, pigs or lamb liver? Generally pork and lamb have a 1:1 ratio of protein:fat but organ meats are much the exception and they're very high in protein and are much lower in fa, and they taste great.

I eat organ meats occasionally, but many of them are high in cholesterol. I would check the nutritional profile of foods.

Your body makes more cholesterol on it's own that we don't have to worry about foods containing cholesterol so eat away. I have a craving now for some chicken livers or lambs fry. Yum!
This discussion has been closed.