I'm gaining at 1300 :(

Options
124»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You are underweight and should gain weight

that said you are doing good trying to increase your calories HOWEVER you need to stick at the increase for a few weeks to allow your weight to stabilise, yes it will go up but that's not gaining, that's water weight

and then you increase again and do the same

1300 is not weight gain territory .. you're just reacting to water fluctuations
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You need to, at minimum, weigh 108 lbs. You are risking damage to your heart and other organs. Please seek professional help.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Well guys.. I got curious and Google IMage searched the OP.

Her instagram came up with this heading under one of the March 2015 pictures:
    "Transformation Tuesday 6th,7th, and 8th grade banquet!"

OP is underage. My guess is that there are psychological issues that need to be worked on if she's not just a troll using someone's picture.
  • dballen07
    dballen07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Metabolic damage is extremely rare. She's underweight and doesn't need to lose weight. I agree with the recommendations to see a Dr./therapist
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I want 5 minutes of my life back please.. ok 2 minutes, because I did get a couple of good laughs.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    darien13 wrote: »
    I weigh 103 pounds and I'm 5'4. If I ever go above 1200 calories, I gain weight. Why is this happening?

Perhaps ask your parents when you get home from school?
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    moesis wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    You are probably eating more than you think. You are underweight though...perhaps it should not be a huge concern?
    PRMinx wrote: »
    A 20 year old at 5'4 and 104 pounds should not be so concerned with gaining weight. You are underweight. Please see a medical and or psychological professional. My ED spidey sense is up here.

At 5'4" and 104 pounds her BMI is 17.7, which is not much lower than the normal range which starts at 18.5. I cannot agree with the recommendations to not worry about it or to seek professional help.

If you are working out you may be putting on muscle mass which is more dense than fat and will increase your weight. If this isn't the case, you either aren't tracking everything, eating to much junk, or it may even be that you are not taking in enough calories.

embarrased.gif

perfect