So. much. cheese.

Options
jrbeck99
jrbeck99 Posts: 22 Member
Hello from the land of cheese! My love of cheese had caused me to make a life altering decision - I must exercise more so I can continue eating it! - I'm looking for some support from anyone that hates exercise and counting calories, but loves cheese. What the heck, I could use support from anyone, even if they actually (gasp!) enjoy exercise and hate cheese :)

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I lived in Menomonee Falls many years ago. I have stopped eating many things over the years. Butter and cheese are not among those things.
  • jrbeck99
    Options
    That cracked me up :) I don't expect I will ever give up butter, either.
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    ah, cheese...

...and chocolate. And wine. Yep, we gotta exercise their way into our meals! ;)
  • jrbeck99
    Options
    Ah, you speak my language! Plus, I feel like adding exercise so you can eat and drink the things you want is a better strategy than deprivation ;)
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    I burn off close to 1,100 calories running nearly every morning so I can chill about my dairy.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    And my alcohol.
  • jrbeck99
    Options
    I wish I enjoyed running, but I've found that I enjoy rowing, so hopefully that will be enough :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I hate cardio, and love cheese and ice cream and chips and dips...and lots of things. I'm still not doing any more cardio than I will ever do once I meet my goal. Trying to keep it real ha.
  • jrbeck99
    Options
    Hahaha! Awesome. I'm only adding exercise so I can eat more :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    I lift, but I do some cardio to pad my deficit and allow me to eat a cheeseburger and fries or something once a week.
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I lift, but I do some cardio to pad my deficit and allow me to eat a cheeseburger and fries or something once a week.

hm... if you don't mind my asking... how much cardio/lifting do you do a week?

I know we're all different and gotta find our own thang that works (which is why i haven't asked), but I've been wanting some real life examples for a while =(
  • arditarose
    edited April 2015
    Options

I know we're all different and gotta find our own thang that works (which is why i haven't asked), but I've been wanting some real life examples for a while =(

No problem. I lift 4 times a week for an hour, and I'd say I get about...70-80 minutes of cardio in. One day I go in and get a good 30 min. (45 if I do a class), otherwise it's 10-20 minutes after I lift, and often steady state just to pad my deficit a bit. Sometimes I'll do intervals if I know I need to burn a few more calories.

But today I walked in, did my OHP, pull ups, chins, side raises, bicep curls...and walked out.
  • Kimbers81
    Kimbers81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness I loooooove cheese
  • SophiaSerrao
    edited April 2015
    Options

No problem. I lift 4 times a week for an hour, and I'd say I get about...70-80 minutes of cardio in. One day I go in and get a good 30 min. (45 if I do a class), otherwise it's 10-20 minutes after I lift, and often steady state just to pad my deficit a bit. Sometimes I'll do intervals if I know I need to burn a few more calories.

But today I walked in, did my OHP, pull ups, chins, side raises, bicep curls...and walked out.

Great. Thanks. I'm pleased to realize I'm speaking the same language as you, cuz all you said made a lot of sense to me. I do a lot of that too... just on my own.

The only difference is I do my cardio before lifting (I probably got to that conclusion via online reading-- I don't know if it makes much of a difference? Probably not?) and a tad bit more of it.

I've been strongly suspecting that I need to kick it up a notch on the lifting ordeal xD. Weight wise and length wise. I'll try to figure this out =) Thanks again, I appreciate it!

(Sorry for hogging up your cheese thread OP, but I'm sure all info is appreciated :mrgreen:)
  • arditarose
    Options

Great. Thanks. I'm pleased to realize I'm speaking the same language as you, cuz all you said made a lot of sense to me. I do a lot of that too... just on my own.

The only difference is I do my cardio before lifting (I probably got to that conclusion via online reading-- I don't know if it makes much of a difference? Probably not?) and a tad bit more of it.

I've been strongly suspecting that I need to kick it up a notch on the lifting ordeal xD. Weight wise and length wise. I'll try to figure this out =) Thanks again, I appreciate it!

(Sorry for hogging up your cheese thread OP, but I'm sure all info is appreciated :mrgreen:)

I lift first because I don't want to be too tired with 175 lbs on my back or whatever I'm doing that day. Lifting is my focus.

Back to the cheese board :)
  • jrbeck99
    Options
    Ha! Tie it up all you want - I need to hear it! I used to lift a lot, and will be adding it in soon. I also did my cardio before lifting, but good point about not being tired while lifting. ..I'll have to try it that way
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options

I lift first because I don't want to be too tired with 175 lbs on my back or whatever I'm doing that day. Lifting is my focus.

omg, permission for one more non cheese related comment-- 175 lbs?!?! Not to sound like such an impressible noob.... but damn!!!!! I knew I wasn't lifting heavy enough! Not even close. I mean... not at all, haha. My heaviest dumbells are 9 lbs ffs =/. But yeah, even though I huff and puff, I can't say it's a real challenge. It'll be tricky going up without supervision D: I'm thinking slow, but steady increases.

And yes, cheese. Goat cheese I'm particularly fond of ♥
  • arditarose
    Options

omg, permission for one more non cheese related comment-- 175 lbs?!?! Not to sound like such an impressible noob.... but damn!!!!! I knew I wasn't lifting heavy enough! Not even close. I mean... not at all, haha. My heaviest dumbells are 9 lbs ffs =/. But yeah, even though I huff and puff, I can't say it's a real challenge. It'll be tricky going up without supervision D: I'm thinking slow, but steady increases.

That's my squat. I started with the bar, don't worry :)

I love goat cheese as well. Unfortunately haven't had it in awhile. I love quality cheese, but have to admit I've been doing laughing cow a lot...you know...trying to keep that deficit :/
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I like the way you think! I was going to give up cheese. Okay, I will hit the gym tomorrow!

Cardio equals cheddar....I love cardio!
  • jrbeck99
    Options

If you haven't tried Sartori Bellavitano Gold or raspberry, you should - it's DELICIOUS! Especially drizzled with a little honey :)