Logging a bite?

Options
13»

Replies

• Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Or I'll just add the whole thing's calories in one go like someone else said
  • Leana088
    Options
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    How many "bites" are you having per day? If it's just 1-2 I'd quick add 100 cals and be done with it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »

The only thing with quick adds is it's just calories and doesn't count your macros...for me that's as important as calories
  • Leana088
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

The only thing with quick adds is it's just calories and doesn't count your macros...for me that's as important as calories

That's true, but I only eat a treat after mine have already been met for the day, which is why I don't worry too much. What difference does a miniature snickers make anyhow. Haha
  • Leana088
    Options

That's true, but I only eat a treat after mine have already been met for the day, which is why I don't worry too much. What difference does a miniature snickers make anyhow. Haha

Might boost my fat macro by 3-4, which is a good thing. I always struggle with getting enough fat.
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Little bites here and there can get you into trouble quickly. The show "Secret Eaters" has tackled this one before where someone was preparing dinner and taking a bite or two every so often and wound up eating somewhere around 400 calories before dinner.

Presumably the food in question is not celery, therefore it is probably calorie dense and not all that nutritious and should be measured. Foods like these generally have a small serving size and a bite is usually about 1 serving.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I prelog my week and my "treat" is always logged right after my breakfast as both are pretty standard. My diary is open if you want to see what I mean.

As for the mini snickers...1 a day for a year is 4lbs. So over a ten year period....40lbs...

But this is one of the reasons I prelog a serving everyday and if I don't eat it all oh well there will come a day when I do eat that days serving plus what was left from previous days....
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,170 Member
    Options
    What difference does a miniature snickers make anyhow. Haha

It was just that sort of thinking that caused me to gain 15 kg over 4 years ... a very slow gain, but a gain nonetheless. :)

• Leana088
    Options

I prelog my week and my "treat" is always logged right after my breakfast as both are pretty standard. My diary is open if you want to see what I mean.

As for the mini snickers...1 a day for a year is 4lbs. So over a ten year period....40lbs...

But this is one of the reasons I prelog a serving everyday and if I don't eat it all oh well there will come a day when I do eat that days serving plus what was left from previous days....

I know weight wise, I was meaning as far as macros are concerned they don't make much difference. I do log them, otherwise I would not have made this thread, but I can't prelog a treat, because I never crave the same thing. I don't want to log a cookie and then at treat time I'm craving a chocolate haha.