• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »
    Ah come on guys, I can be as much of a scale nazi as anyone, but I think the fact the OP is doing well and has posted this thread means it's not exactly a regular occurrence for her.

Sure, if she makes a habit of it and then comes on moaning about how shes not losing, THEN we can get all critical. But in a nice way :wink:

The thing is that everyone was nice until the OP herself called everyone "uptight". *shrug*

I don't think that everyone was nice. No one was mean but still pretty judgey. lol. I still don't think that anyone is being mean. Only super judgey and uptight. But that is what you can expect from the internet

but you are saying your are purposefully not logging it all...and you were given ideas on how to...for example I suggested logging it as 1.25 bowls or 1.4....that way you are at least trying...but you are proud of the fact you aren't logging it correctly and shouted it out to the world...on a calorie counting/exercise/fitness site...yah people are gonna tell you to log it correctly...

Not me, I'm gonna tell OP that she's doing great and I hope she enjoyed her giant Chipotle bowl.

yah some folks give blind support, others love blind support, others on the other hand not so much. I am not one to give a high five for something like this. I don't care how much weight you've lost...

It's one thing not to give a high five, but to be so downright ugly about it...I don't care how exacting with measurements you are...there's no reason to hit full hate mode because someone who is having a lot of success isn't doing it exactly the way you are.

Blech.

no one got down right ugly until a supporter called those indicating she should log it accurately food weighing portion nazis...that wasn't nice.

And was it suppose to be funny probably but it wasn't...there is nothing ugly about saying you are only lying to yourself...

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ah come on guys, I can be as much of a scale nazi as anyone, but I think the fact the OP is doing well and has posted this thread means it's not exactly a regular occurrence for her.

Sure, if she makes a habit of it and then comes on moaning about how shes not losing, THEN we can get all critical. But in a nice way :wink:

The thing is that everyone was nice until the OP herself called everyone "uptight". *shrug*

I don't think that everyone was nice. No one was mean but still pretty judgey. lol. I still don't think that anyone is being mean. Only super judgey and uptight. But that is what you can expect from the internet

but you are saying your are purposefully not logging it all...and you were given ideas on how to...for example I suggested logging it as 1.25 bowls or 1.4....that way you are at least trying...but you are proud of the fact you aren't logging it correctly and shouted it out to the world...on a calorie counting/exercise/fitness site...yah people are gonna tell you to log it correctly...

Not me, I'm gonna tell OP that she's doing great and I hope she enjoyed her giant Chipotle bowl.

yah some folks give blind support, others love blind support, others on the other hand not so much. I am not one to give a high five for something like this. I don't care how much weight you've lost...

It's one thing not to give a high five, but to be so downright ugly about it...I don't care how exacting with measurements you are...there's no reason to hit full hate mode because someone who is having a lot of success isn't doing it exactly the way you are.

Blech.

no one got down right ugly until a supporter called those indicating she should log it accurately food weighing portion nazis...that wasn't nice.

And was it suppose to be funny probably but it wasn't...there is nothing ugly about saying you are only lying to yourself...
    Or her saying we were uptight.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

Blech.

That's a lie, the very first response was the start of the fugly train. And there IS something ugly about calling someone a liar when all they're doing is not putting something online. I know that I pooped this morning. I don't have to log it to know. That doesn't make me a liar who deserves to suffer.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Or just log it and not lie to yourself? That's the only person that will suffer from lying.

This quote is what you are talking about this is not ugly...honest yes...but not ugly..it's not like he said your a freakin liar...pants on fire you are so blah blah blah.

Blech.

That's a lie, the very first response was the start of the fugly train. And there IS something ugly about calling someone a liar when all they're doing is not putting something online. I know that I pooped this morning. I don't have to log it to know. That doesn't make me a liar who deserves to suffer.

so you just called me a liar????? wow pot kettle.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    To be clear: When I cook at home, I weigh my food. When I eat out on weekends and sometimes during the week, I trust the website or the menu even tho it will not always be accurate. I cannot and will not stress over it. I workout enough to cover extra calories because I never eat back my exercise calories. Honestly, I rarely log on the weekends at all. This is what works for ME. I am in no rush to lose my weight and I am INCREDIBLY proud of the work I've done so far. I have a healthy relationship with food. The beautiful this about weight loss is that there is more than one way to do it. Everyone does what works for them.

That's what's important... doing what works for you. Hey, you're almost at your goal!! Congrats on your progress!! :drinker:

I've never been to a Chipotle, even though I have one half a block away from me... maybe I should visit it one day. LOL!! :smiley:

NO!!! We live close enough to Mexico to never have to go there. To be honest, wrt fake Mexican food I actually prefer Taco Bell.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    @itsjordannicole I'm not a chipotle lover but I too have a dirtly little secret. I don't own a food scale. I have no plans to ever own a food scale. I feel like weighing my food would take all the joy out of it. I am losing weight. I too eat back only a portion of exercise calories. This I solemnly vow: Never will I post a topic called "Why am I not losing weight?" I always know why. lol.

Take that food weighing, portion nazis.

hehehe I'm so with you! It's about gaining healthy habits, yeah? I've given up busing places, and bought a bike. I've learned how to make a salad that I actually think is the bomb! I do generally overestimate my portions just in case, but as long as I maintain/lose weight and feel super duper awesome I'm good. When I'm not happy with the result maybe I'll get more obsessive about it
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Blech.

Nobody said anything about OP deserving to suffer.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    Or just log it and not lie to yourself? That's the only person that will suffer from lying.

This quote is what you are talking about

Yup. To call someone a liar and promise them suffering? This isn't church.
  • jkwolly
    Options

Blech.

So me basically saying lying to yourself is only going to hurt yourself is mean and fugly?

Wow, I wish more people were mean and fugly off at the start then for everyone to learn from.
  • cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    :o
  • jkwolly
    Options

And, saying "you're the only one who will suffer" is not promising them suffering.

Stop pulling straws here
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Yeah no... Stop just stop.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm an oddball, but I would not only be ecstatic to receive an extra-large Chipotle bowl, but I would go ahead and accurately log it, even if it meant going over my calories. Then, I would move on with my life and adjust the rest of my diet accordingly throughout the week to maintain/recreate a deficit.

What a concept.
  • sofaking6
    Options

And, saying "you're the only one who will suffer" is not promising them suffering.

Stop pulling straws here

Lol if you're going to be so judgmental and awful, at least have the decency to be honest and own it. Don't forget, you will suffer for your lies.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    so. my lie to the world.

I used my coworkers paper plate- to put my veggies on- he only microwaved the burger sammich left overs on it.

I can taste the burger grease, butter and cheese on my veggies.
    and it's delicious.
    I'm not logging it.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    To be clear: When I cook at home, I weigh my food. When I eat out on weekends and sometimes during the week, I trust the website or the menu even tho it will not always be accurate. I cannot and will not stress over it. I workout enough to cover extra calories because I never eat back my exercise calories. Honestly, I rarely log on the weekends at all. This is what works for ME. I am in no rush to lose my weight and I am INCREDIBLY proud of the work I've done so far. I have a healthy relationship with food. The beautiful this about weight loss is that there is more than one way to do it. Everyone does what works for them.

That's what's important... doing what works for you. Hey, you're almost at your goal!! Congrats on your progress!! :drinker:

I've never been to a Chipotle, even though I have one half a block away from me... maybe I should visit it one day. LOL!! :smiley:

NO!!! We live close enough to Mexico to never have to go there. To be honest, wrt fake Mexican food I actually prefer Taco Bell.

Hahahaha!!!! OK, OK... fine, I won't walk down half the block to try it out. I make my own delicious food anyways... without going to Mejico. :laugh: Oh, but I do need TB anyways. I can't make that. LMAO!! Damn it, now I'm hungry... :ohwell:
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    OP you look great, keep up the good work ;)

This forum can be ridiculous at times with all the curmudgeons on here. Don't let it get you down. :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Stop pulling straws here

Lol if you're going to be so judgmental and awful, at least have the decency to be honest and own it. Don't forget, you will suffer for your lies.

1f293a9bbe0d6862eeabdd5b27d5a1a2.jpg
  • jkwolly
    Options

Stop pulling straws here

I can't even.

TIL: Being honest the way I'd want someone to be to me = judgmental and awful.

Now to go repent my sins....
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    O wow, what a response you are getting here.

Log like you want, as long as you're making progress who cares..and who should care other than you anyway.

It's not like you are posting... I didn't log my food correctly and now I'm not losing and I don't know why....

You know what you did. You're owning it... so what if the rest of the world can't see those extra calories.

And YES,..I'll keep your secret.