Can you keep a secret?

Options

Replies

• mcyd137
    mcyd137 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Or just log it and not lie to yourself? That's the only person that will suffer from lying.

I don't know how else to log it since I don't know exactly how much it is. I use their site to calculate the calories based on how much they're supposed to give you.

I watch them put in the ingredients and modify the portions accordingly. A dairy entry may look like:

Chipotle Black Beans: 1 serving
    Chipotle Rice: 1.25 servings
    Chipotle Sour Cream: 2 servings (I always ask for extra)

This is a good idea, but I ordered online and picked it up so I didn't see them make the bowl. I was shocked and delighted when I opened my bowl.

I don't eat back workout calories so I will be fine. I thought maybe fellow chipotle lovers may share in my delight. I was wrong :(

Naw, don't worry about it. I agree you should tell yourself the truth about what you are eating, but you did already tell yourself and make a motion to work it off. It's also true that you are only affecting yourself, but you also already know that as well. I love Chipotle salad bowls, they are quite yummy and for the most part can be quite healthy. Don't worry, I get what you were saying :) You know what you are doing. As long as you know you are doing it and still working toward your goals I wouldn't change a thing. Keep at it!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    MelRC117 wrote: »
    Some people must not realize OP has lost over 50 pounds....

I lost 50 pounds a decade ago and haven't gained that back. Does that mean my opinion is more valid?

Truth is, the less accurate you are, the less data you have to draw from if you hit a roadblock and need solutions. People who have long term success know this.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ah come on guys, I can be as much of a scale nazi as anyone, but I think the fact the OP is doing well and has posted this thread means it's not exactly a regular occurrence for her.

Sure, if she makes a habit of it and then comes on moaning about how shes not losing, THEN we can get all critical. But in a nice way :wink:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ah come on guys, I can be as much of a scale nazi as anyone, but I think the fact the OP is doing well and has posted this thread means it's not exactly a regular occurrence for her.

Sure, if she makes a habit of it and then comes on moaning about how shes not losing, THEN we can get all critical. But in a nice way :wink:

The thing is that everyone was nice until the OP herself called everyone "uptight". *shrug*
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    To be clear: When I cook at home, I weigh my food. When I eat out on weekends and sometimes during the week, I trust the website or the menu even tho it will not always be accurate. I cannot and will not stress over it. I workout enough to cover extra calories because I never eat back my exercise calories. Honestly, I rarely log on the weekends at all. This is what works for ME. I am in no rush to lose my weight and I am INCREDIBLY proud of the work I've done so far. I have a healthy relationship with food. The beautiful this about weight loss is that there is more than one way to do it. Everyone does what works for them.

So why did you post this then? Honestly?

If you got this and are good with what you are doing why post it?

And no one is dismissing what you have accomplished...anywhere or questioning anything other than your logging incorrectly which you let us know about....again why post it?

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Or just log it and not lie to yourself? That's the only person that will suffer from lying.

Yeah you LYING LIAR! Oh the suffering you shall endure!

• ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    @SezxyStef This is why I posted it

I don't know how else to log it since I don't know exactly how much it is. I use their site to calculate the calories based on how much they're supposed to give you.

I watch them put in the ingredients and modify the portions accordingly. A dairy entry may look like:

This is a good idea, but I ordered online and picked it up so I didn't see them make the bowl. I was shocked and delighted when I opened my bowl.

I don't eat back workout calories so I will be fine. I thought maybe fellow chipotle lovers may share in my delight. I was wrong :(

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Also, if this wasn't to be taken seriously or in an "up tight" manner, maybe chitchat is this thread's proper home.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

The thing is that everyone was nice until the OP herself called everyone "uptight". *shrug*

I don't think that everyone was nice. No one was mean but still pretty judgey. lol. I still don't think that anyone is being mean. Only super judgey and uptight. But that is what you can expect from the internet
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    @SezxyStef This is why I posted it

Also, if this wasn't to be taken seriously or in an "up tight" manner, maybe chitchat is this thread's proper home.
    this....
  • SezxyStef
    edited April 2015
    Options

I don't think that everyone was nice. No one was mean but still pretty judgey. lol. I still don't think that anyone is being mean. Only super judgey and uptight. But that is what you can expect from the internet

but you are saying your are purposefully not logging it all...and you were given ideas on how to...for example I suggested logging it as 1.25 bowls or 1.4....that way you are at least trying...but you are proud of the fact you aren't logging it correctly and shouted it out to the world...on a calorie counting/exercise/fitness site...yah people are gonna tell you to log it correctly...

ETA and you liked it when people were called food weighing portion nazis...do you know how much grief people take for weighing their food...and accused of having food issues and being neurotic etc...or worse they have an eating disorder...btw I have a healthy relationship with food and I still log consistently and accurately by weight.

• randomtai
    Options

I think you are reading too much into responses. Because all I saw were jokes and suggestions. *shrug*
  • sofaking6
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

but you are saying your are purposefully not logging it all...and you were given ideas on how to...for example I suggested logging it as 1.25 bowls or 1.4....that way you are at least trying...but you are proud of the fact you aren't logging it correctly and shouted it out to the world...on a calorie counting/exercise/fitness site...yah people are gonna tell you to log it correctly...

Not me, I'm gonna tell OP that she's doing great and I hope she enjoyed her giant Chipotle bowl.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

You are posting in a forum that isn't designed for jokes though. While it might seem totally insignificant to you, somebody just starting out might not get why this isn't the best practice. Because let's be real here, if your bowl was 25% bigger today, that's 125ish more calories if . 20 minutes of cardio isn't going to cover it. Defray the hit? Sure. And that's ok for you personally -- but that (I can eat things I don't track, will do extra cardio) mentality get A LOT of people in trouble.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    To be clear: When I cook at home, I weigh my food. When I eat out on weekends and sometimes during the week, I trust the website or the menu even tho it will not always be accurate. I cannot and will not stress over it. I workout enough to cover extra calories because I never eat back my exercise calories. Honestly, I rarely log on the weekends at all. This is what works for ME. I am in no rush to lose my weight and I am INCREDIBLY proud of the work I've done so far. I have a healthy relationship with food. The beautiful this about weight loss is that there is more than one way to do it. Everyone does what works for them.

I think you LOOK GREAT. Carry on!
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Not me, I'm gonna tell OP that she's doing great and I hope she enjoyed her giant Chipotle bowl.

yah some folks give blind support, others love blind support, others on the other hand not so much. I am not one to give a high five for something like this. I don't care how much weight you've lost...
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options

And was posting in jest. Some people forgot to log their sense of humor.
  • randomtai
    Options

And was posting in jest. Some people forgot to log their sense of humor.

But this is "Food & Nutrition", not "Chit-Chat Fun & Games". Hence why it was taken seriously by some.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

yah some folks give blind support, others love blind support, others on the other hand not so much. I am not one to give a high five for something like this. I don't care how much weight you've lost...

It's one thing not to give a high five, but to be so downright ugly about it...I don't care how exacting with measurements you are...there's no reason to hit full hate mode because someone who is having a lot of success isn't doing it exactly the way you are.

Blech.

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options

That's what's important... doing what works for you. Hey, you're almost at your goal!! Congrats on your progress!! :drinker:

I've never been to a Chipotle, even though I have one half a block away from me... maybe I should visit it one day. LOL!! :smiley: