Can you keep a secret?

Options
So, I went to Chipotle for lunch today and the bowl they gave me was of epic proportions....but I'm still going to track it like I normally do as 525 calories, even tho I know it is at least 700 today :D

I will do an extra 20 minutes of cardio to make up for their awesome mistake!

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Or just log it and not lie to yourself? That's the only person that will suffer from lying.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Guess you should give Steve Ells a few extra dollars.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    ItsJordanNicole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Or just log it and not lie to yourself? That's the only person that will suffer from lying.

I don't know how else to log it since I don't know exactly how much it is. I use their site to calculate the calories based on how much they're supposed to give you.

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm going to tell everyone I see that someone on the internet named "ItsJordanNicole" ate a couple hundred calories more than she logged.

Your secret is going to be told to the world. THE WORLD, I TELL YOU!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options

I don't know how else to log it since I don't know exactly how much it is. I use their site to calculate the calories based on how much they're supposed to give you.

I watch them put in the ingredients and modify the portions accordingly. A dairy entry may look like:

Chipotle Black Beans: 1 serving
    Chipotle Rice: 1.25 servings
    Chipotle Sour Cream: 2 servings (I always ask for extra)

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm going to tell everyone I see that someone on the internet named "ItsJordanNicole" ate a couple hundred calories more than she logged.

Your secret is going to be told to the world. THE WORLD, I TELL YOU!

Haha!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sorry I suck at keeping secrets...people know the key to the vault...typically starts with V and ends with odka.... >:)

If you know it was almost 700 calories log it as 1.25 or 1.4 bowls...
  • ItsJordanNicole
    Options
    My bad guys....I haven't posted here for a while and forgot how incredibly uptight some people are regarding calorie counting...
  • Newsordova
    Newsordova Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to improve statistical performance is to you tell yourself you are doing something good, when you really are not. It has been proven many times over, that it is the least effective way to achieve results, but if you want to think you are being successful, continue to cheat. A best estimate, is still much better than denial.

I had black licorice for breakfast today instead of my standard HB Egg and Cottage Cheese. It doesn't look very good on my diary, but it is real. If I fail, at least I know why.
  • ItsJordanNicole
    Options

I watch them put in the ingredients and modify the portions accordingly. A dairy entry may look like:

This is a good idea, but I ordered online and picked it up so I didn't see them make the bowl. I was shocked and delighted when I opened my bowl.

I don't eat back workout calories so I will be fine. I thought maybe fellow chipotle lovers may share in my delight. I was wrong :(
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Lolz.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    only hurting yourself.....
  • jkwolly
    Options

Rocket science
  • jkwolly
    Options
    My bad guys....I haven't posted here for a while and forgot how incredibly uptight some people are regarding calorie counting...
    Uptight?

Only tight thing is gonna be yo pants when you underestimate calories
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Uptight?

ohhhh.gif
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Uptight?

:laugh:
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Uptight? Oh sunshine.

The only person you're hurting is yourself. If you want to lie to yourself and underestimate calories, that's cool.

Just don't go posting on the forums asking why you're gaining and not losing in 3 weeks.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Uptight?

:heart:
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    @itsjordannicole I'm not a chipotle lover but I too have a dirtly little secret. I don't own a food scale. I have no plans to ever own a food scale. I feel like weighing my food would take all the joy out of it. I am losing weight. I too eat back only a portion of exercise calories. This I solemnly vow: Never will I post a topic called "Why am I not losing weight?" I always know why. lol.

Take that food weighing, portion nazis.