What is your diet? Did it work for you?

Options
Hey everyone! I know that there are many people who wonder "wow, i need to get on a diet. But what kind of diet?" Well try or do research of different diets and see which one is best for you. What is your diet plan??

Replies

• Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My "diet plan" is to eat at a calorie deficit. I lost 80 pounds in 10 months. It worked exactly as it was supposed to.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    My "diet plan" is to eat at a calorie deficit. I lost 80 pounds in 10 months. It worked exactly as it was supposed to.

funny how that works....

i eat what i want and eat junk food and eat out and fast food and still lose.

calories in...calories out....
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I ate what I did before just less of it. 135 pounds down now
  • Bolthouse26
    Bolthouse26 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    home made food, fresh salads, crockpot meals. Worked until I stuck by it.
  • Bolthouse26
    Bolthouse26 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »

That's a impressive weight drop. Please share more :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit for weight loss. No diet.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yep, calorie deficit.

I also try to eat a diet that promotes health and fitness, as I define it (and subject to experimentation) and is made up of delicious food (since if my calories are limited I want to make the most of them).
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want as long as it gives me a calorie deficit. I tend to stay away from calorie dense food because I want to eat more later, but once I run out of calories I quit.
  • valcala23
    valcala23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    I ate what I did before just less of it. 135 pounds down now

When did you see results?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    CICO diet works for me.
  • kbxiii
    kbxiii Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Please let me say this without pointing guns to my head:

Absolutely, calories in less than calories out wins.. BUT:

I have tried that, eating what I want with a deficit, and even though it worked I had issues with self control, I couldnt possibly go on that for longer than a week, I would do perfectly until 7 pm, max out, then binge around 10 on EVERYTHING in the kitchen..

I still do a calorie deficit but I have cut out sugar, starch and grains, (I eat vegetables to satiety) and I'm not gonna say how much weight I lost because everyone will yell it's water weight, but I am full, not snacking like a maniac, and no longer binge at night.

My 2 cents, if you have uncontrollable snacking that jeopardizes your efforts at calorie restriction, try to reduce sugars starches and grains, see if it works FOR YOU,
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Same, I eat at a calorie deficit, because of my age, lifestyle that is 1200 calories a day. I try and eat low calorie foods so I can eat more and feel full...so that works out to lean proteins, veggies, fruit, healthy fats, some carbs, some sweets..
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I eat less food, move around a bit and lift heavy things. It's worked well for me.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    weight has been coming off slow and steady, down 23 lbs since Jan 4.
  • Lily2you
    Lily2you Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I gave up dairy and cut out processed sugar but honestly the biggest thing for me has been food tracking. If it goes in my mouth, it goes on MFP. It has made me aware of how much mindless eating I really did. And, as everyone has stated above, working at a calorie deficit.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I did this fad diet where I ate less than required to maintain my body weight.

Lost like 40-50 kg at 1-1.2kg per week on average.
    That's 88-110 pounds at 2.2-2.6 pounds per week in ye olde english. No idea how many stones :smiley:
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    While in a deficit, I found the best results when I did 30% protein, 30% fat, and then filled the rest with carbs. I also stretched my calories out through the day with 3 meals and 3 or more snacks all fit within my calories. I've mostly continued this through maintenance, aiming for 1g protein per lb of muscle (or around 110g in my case), 30% fat, and the rest carbs while also meeting my fiber goal. I still eat smaller sized meals with decent sized snacks inbetween. Nothings off limits as long as I meet my macro goals although I have switched from processed grains to mostly whole grain and wheat.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    50 pounds in 7 months, what I ate before (but changes: cut waaaaaaay back on drinking, no cokes, less bread and pasta and more vegetables and fruit and chicken). I was doing 16:8 but I've been more active during the day and had to abandon it.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    CICO
    I eat everything as long as it fits in my calorie allowance. ( for medical reasons i eat no added salt or sugar, and yes i eat fruit :) )

Lost 85 pounds in 6 months
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey everyone! I know that there are many people who wonder "wow, i need to get on a diet. But what kind of diet?" Well try or do research of different diets and see which one is best for you. What is your diet plan??

The first part of my plan was to create an account on MFP, set my goal at 0.5 kg a week, and eat less than the max calories MFP gave me (1250).

The second part of my plan was to find interesting, delicious and reasonably healthy low cal foods in order to accomplish that. I've been investigating everything on the shelves of the grocery store every time I go, and I've found some fascinating new choices I'd never considered before. In addition to this, I've also been adjusting my food choices in general to select foods which are both low cal and have some staying power. For example, I love pears, but they are a fairly high cal fruit, and I'm hungry again 30 min after I eat one.

The third part of my plan was to gradually ramp up my exercise. After all, that's a large part of why I'm doing this.

So far I've lost just over 8 kg in 8 weeks. :)